Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Mystiscia ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]




10 Years later…



10 Years later…

"Now, you have the theater, right Tracey?" A raven-haired boy asked a man in his early thirties.

"Yes, I have the theater set and flyers handed out, Ash," The painter responded with a sigh.

"And Brock, you have the tickets?"

"Yep, I have four tickets to Goldenrod- one for you, one for me, one for Trace, and one for 'Mystiscia', whomever she may be," A man, also in his early thirties with spiky hair and slanted eyes, replied.

"Good, good." The trio bustled through a market place, stopping before a hidden door. "Just imagine, guys- no more stolen and forged goods! We'll be out of here, forever!" They walked up stairs into an attic. Ash took his large side bag and opened it. He started to stuff items in. Tracey and Brock did likewise, putting in papers. Ash swung back a painting, revealing a hidden compartment. In it laid one thing- a golden Pokéball. He took the item out and put it in his bag, snapping it shut.

"I'm sure glad both of us were members of the court, or we'd have no idea as to what to look for in a girl," Tracey told Brock as they put stuff in their bags.

"Yes," Brock replied with a smile. "But I'm glad Ash is leading us. He knows a lot, too. Even if he was just a kitchen servant."

"But, he's forgotten a lot, too. Since he got hit and had that concussion, he forgot quite a bit, didn't he?" The other inquired.

"No, he only forgot a few things-what happened the night of the siege and a few days before hand being one of those few things. He also forgot about his mother, thank god, for she was shot by a revolutionary the night he had the concussion," Brock explained.

"Oh," Tracey said, turning back to the young man who was barely twenty-one.

"C'mon!" He waved them to the only window, where the three looked out at the dying city. "Let's go!" He shouted as he jumped out the window, sliding down the snow-covered rooftop.

The two older men looked at each other and shrugged. Turning back to the younger man, they followed. "Where to, Ash?" Tracey asked as they ran from rooftop to rooftop, avoiding the Communistic guards.

"The palace. We'll slip back into the theater for the auditions, and we'll live at the palace. The train leaves in five days, so we need to find a girl by then, or we're screwed," Ash proceeded to tell the plan to his friend. "We'll need you to find a girl that looks like the grand duchess, you were the one who painted the family and all. Then, once we find a girl, Brock, you, and I will teach her everything she'd need to say. We'll dress her up to look like a princess, and we'll take her to Goldenrod. We'll be rich! Lorelei would be so ecstatic to have her granddaughter back, she'd give us anything!" Ash smiled at his, seemingly, brilliant plan.

~!~*~!~

"Now, I got you a job at the Pokéball factory. You go down the road and you'll come to a fork. Go left, towards Lavender Town. The factory's right outside that town, ok?" The old hag explained as she walked ahead of a young woman. The girl, who was 20, had her long, red hair up in a short ponytail. It was short because it was wrapped around itself, like a bun, but the strands stuck out in the middle. The ponytail was off balance, but the orphan didn't care.

She wore an assortment of clothing that was to big, or, in the exception of her gloves, to small. Her boots, stockings, and hat were the only items that fit well. Her dark red coat came down to her ankles and the sleeves went past her knuckles. Her blue gloves were to small; the fingers of it were cut off at the middle joint so her fingers wouldn't hurt. Her main outfit was a pale yellow dress that was, too, big for her. It was made of a thick material, and the sleeves were baggy, the bottom cut and ragged. She wore a belt around her waist to keep the large dress from flying about. Her scarf was exceptionally large, wrapping around her neck a good five times.

But, all these clothing items kept her warm as she left her home of the past ten years. "Goodbye! I'll miss you! Bye!" She shouted back to the children in the orphanage. They were all in the windows, telling her goodbye.

"Are you listening to anything I'm saying, little Misty?" The old woman asked, stopping in her tracks and turning to the young woman.

"I'm listening, Miss Agatha," Misty replied with a sigh. She turned from facing the old house to the old woman. "I'm working at a Pokéball factory. I follow the road and go left on the fork," She repeated in a monotone voice.

Agatha walked up to the girl and, although she was shorter, pulled the girl to the gates by her scarf. Misty, of coarse, hurried along behind her as to not get choked. "You, Misty, have been a pebble in my shoe ever since you were brought here, prancing around acting like the queen of Jhoto! I've fed you, clothed you…"

Misty mouthed the words along with Agatha, then finished it for her. "…kept a roof over my head."

"How is it that you don't have any idea as to who you are, but you can remember all that?" Agatha asked the red head.

"But I do have a clue!" Misty replied, pulling out a gold chain.

"Ugh, I know, I know!" She took the pendent from the girl's slender fingers and reread the inscription. " 'Together in Goldenrod.' So, you want to go to Goldenrod to find your family?" Agatha asked kindly.

Misty nodded furiously.

"Ha!" Agatha yelled, returning to her furrowed brow and frown. "It's time you took your place in life, Misty. In life and in line!" She shoved the girl out the gates, then shut them. " 'Together in Goldenrod'!" She taunted. "Dasvidanya!" She cackled, then walked back to tend to the younger children.

Misty turned around and started down the road.

A half-hour later, she walked to the fork. She looked at the signpost. On the one pointing left, it said 'Lavender Town', and the one pointing right said 'Cerulean City'. She stopped and stared at it. Left…or right? She broke out of her trance and started talking to herself. "Left is the way to the factory, but I know what happens if I go there. I'll be No-Last-Name Misty for the rest of my life. Buuuut…." She looked to the right, unconsciously stepping to the right. "If I go right…maybe…." I could find my family… "This is so stupid! I-I mean, how could I go to Goldenrod?! But…" She sighed and looked at her necklace, "Whoever gave me this necklace must've loved me!" She examined the golden, circular pendent. "Ugh…" She looked up at the sky.

"Send me a sign!" She screamed. "Help me out! Give me a clue, a hint, anything!" She yelled at the sky, her arms flailing. "I…I'm so confused…." She sat down on a tree stump below the sign. She put her head in her hands, and thought about what she was going to do.

"Pikachu-pi!" A voice interrupted her thoughts. She looked up to see a little yellow mouse pulling on her scarf. She pulled back, and she wrapped it back around her neck.

"Go away, I'm waiting for a sign." She scoffed, putting her head back in her hands.

The yellow rodent hopped up onto her head and took off her hat before she could respond. The mouse then ran off down the right path, a smile on its small face. "Hey! Hey! G-give that back!" Misty yelled, chasing after the Pokémon. The mouse ran around in-between the road to Lavender and the road to Cerulean, making Misty chase after it. She tripped when she was going between some trees, and landed looking at the route to Cerulean, Pikachu and her hat in the middle of her vision.

She was startled from falling, but the sunlight hit the Pikachu at such an angle, that the yellow mouse appeared to have and angelic façade. Misty scurried to get up, and ran over to the little Pokémon that held her beloved hat.

"Ok, ok. I can take a hint!" She said with a smile as she took the hat from Pikachu's mouth. She put it back on her head, and crouched back down to Pikachu's level. "Pikachu-let's go to Cerulean!" She scooped up the small creature and started skipping down the snow-filled path.

~!~

"We'll never find her, guys!" Ash said with a sigh. "We saw over a hundred girls today, and none of them were anywhere close to Mystics!" He pushed the papers of the girls into his shoulder bag and zipped it close.

"Don't worry, Ash. We'll find her," Tracey said, trying to encourage the young man.

"I know that, but we need the girl now, the train leaves tonight, that gives us what, 7 hours?" Ash looked at his watch- 5:00. "Yep, 5 hours."

"Come on. We can have dinner and go searching the streets or something… I'll make dinner at the palace, so come on," Brock said, hurrying the two other men along the streets.

~!~

It took Misty and her new traveling companion a few hours to get to Cerulean City- She left the orphanage after noon lunch, and got to the city at 5. Misty went directly to the train station, where she waited in line for a few minutes, till she got to the front.

"Papers," The man at the desk asked, his voice tired and dull.

"Papers?" Misty asked.

"No papers, no ticket!" He shouted at the young woman, and shut his window.

The red head stumbled back at the man's rudeness. "Pst!" An old woman pulled on Misty's coat sleeve. She turned around, and looked down at the hag. "See Ash. He'll help you."

Misty nodded along. "Where can I find this…Ash?" She asked quietly.

"He's at the Cerulean Flower Palace, but you didn't hear it from me," The woman scurried back into the large crowd around the station, and left Misty all alone, except for Pikachu.

"Well, Pika-pal, let's find that palace, eh?" She pranced out of the crowded station, and towards the city. They walked along the streets, but Misty had no idea where to go. "Ok, Misty, you can do this. A palace is huge, so it has to be on the outskirts of town, right Pikachu?" She looked down at her feet, but Pikachu was no longer there. She'd run ahead of Misty-to the palace.

"Pikachu!" Misty ran after the small creature. She rushed along the streets till she came upon huge iron gates. She easily opened them, and ran across the large courtyard. She didn't go to the front doors of the palace; she went to one of the side ones. They were all boarded up, but She peeked in them anyway to find her friend. "Pikachu!" She loudly whispered. She looked in through a crack, and saw her little yellow buddy running up a set of carpeted stairs.

Misty sighed and pulled on the wood. The nails squeaked and the wood clattered as a few hunks ripped off, but the momentum threw Misty back, slamming her into the ground.

~!~

"Did you hear that, guys?" Ash asked as he looked up from his miso soup. "I could've sworn I heard a sound coming from the East wing." He stood up and placed his soup down on the makeshift table.

"I think you were imagining things, Ash. I didn't hear anything, and I have great hearing," Tracey said, looking at Brock. "Did you hear anything?"

"Nope," Brock sat back down. "You're imagining it, Ash. Sit down and eat your soup."

"I'm gonna go investigate." He walked out of the room. His 2 friends looked at each other, then their soup, and both sighed.

"Ok, wait up, we're coming," Brock said as he put his soup down. Tracey followed suit, and they both rushed out to catch up to the raven-haired boy.

~!~

"Pikachu!" Misty whispered as she walked up the stairs. She walked up the second set of stairs, and came across a balcony. It was overlooking a grand ballroom, with buffet tables along the balcony she was on and the one next to hers. The balconies across hers, the ones across the huge room had nothing except for paintings hanging on the walls. She started to discard her clothing-first she slipped off her coat, then her gloves, and then her hat and scarf.

Misty walked up to the table nearest her. She picked up one of the dusty silver plates and blew on it, chasing away the dust. Weird, she thought as she shook her head- she had seen an image of a little red head being swung around by a man in white. It's like…a memory from a dream…She put the plate down and looked at a crest on a cup. It had 2 bears around a circle, with birds around the bears' feet. The birds appeared to be swimming…and there were flowers in the circle, all sorts.

"Dancing bears,
Painted wings,
Things I almost remember,
And a song someone sings
Once upon a December."

She walked down the stairs singing. She stopped at the beginning of the last flight of stairs and hugged herself.

"Someone holds me safe and warm.
Horses prance through a silver storm.
Figures dancing gracefully
Across my memory..."

She had flung her arms out, and people burst from the large paintings hanging near the very high-up ceiling. They had a glittery and transparent look to them, but to Misty, they were real. She walked among the crowd, which parted as she floated to the center. Finally, people dressed in the best dresses floated from the painting across from Misty- the Waterflower family. There were three girls and one small boy, a mother and a father. All the females were very beautiful, and the 2 males were very handsome. The Czar was donned in a white suit with a light blue sash, as was the boy. The three younger women ran over to Misty and spun around her, mysteriously putting a dress and jewelry on her as they did so. Tornadoes of glitter shot up around Misty and engulfed her. When it disappeared seconds later, she was in a light green dress with a very detailed design. She wore a tiara of diamonds atop her head, and much jewelry.

She started to dance with a man, still singing.

"Far away, long ago,
Glowing dim as an ember,
Things my heart
Used to know,
Things it yearns to remember..."

She danced from partner to partner, but when there were no more men to turn to, she stood where she was. The crowd was parting in front of her, and a man in white walked up to her. He waltzed with her, and she smiled. He spun the red head, and stepped back. As she slowed to a stop, she stood where she was and watched the royal family. They all waved to her, smiles on their faces and tears in their eyes.

"And a song
Someone sings
Once upon a December"

She lowered her head and smiled. "Hey! What are you doing in here?!"

~!~

A/N-Ok, I'm leaving it at that for now. Do you like it? Let me know by typing in that little box below, ok? I love this story, so I love writing it.

MistyMermaid- ok, I'm trying hard to change the storyline, but I know the movie so well that I can recite it word for word, so it's sort of hard to stray from the original story line, k? I know in Forever After I strayed a lot, but that's because I only have a few of the best lines memorized, but I have it in book form, so I'd read a chapter when I'd get stuck.

Joy-Girl- Yup =D I love the movie so much that I have it memorized…it's SUCH a sweet movie! And the animation is really good for an American movie, I dislike Disney movies with people (the newest ones, at least) because they make the people more squarish -notice in Atlantis that the main character (Milo)'s hands are square, as are his face. But, I love Disney movies with animation like Mulan and Sleeping Beauty ^_^

Ok, everyone else-Thank you! I love your reviews! Keep it up!