Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Neo-Poke ❯ Mysterious Rockets Seto and Miaka ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

[I]Neo-Poke: Episode Two, Season One: Mysterious Rockets Seto and Miaka[/I]

In the morning, Hoshi, Shinji, and their pokemon set off again, reaching Pallet very soon, much to Hoshi's chagrin she learned that if they'd only kept traveling twenty more minutes the night before they'd have been in Pallet and she'd have been able to sleep in a REAL bed.

Kasumi Ketchum was cooking breakfast early that morning when to her surprise her very tired looking son and some girl burst in through the front door, "Shinji? Why are you back? Did something go wr-" Kasumi took one look at Pichu and shook her head, knowing she didn't need to say anymore. She abandoned her cooking and got some potion out of a nearby cupboard and sprayed it on Pichu. Within seconds the little Pokemon looked healthier.

"Thanks mom!" said Shinji grinning.

Kasumi sighed, "What did I tell you about packing potion, antidote and other healing items?"

"Well, I didn't think I'd need them and when I knew I did some guys wouldn't let me back into Viridian City."

"And how is she related to this?" asked Kasumi pointing toward Hoshi and Nyasu.

"She didn't have any healing items either, but I told her I'd have a battle with her when Pichu was healed."

Just then a Pikachu bounded down the stairs, with a man following it. Hoshi's mouth dropped open at the sight of the man, "Y-you're that Pokemon Master, Satoshi Ketchum!" then she turned to Shinji, "AND YOU NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT BEING RELATED!"

"You never asked," squeaked Shinji meekly, under the pressure of her glare, "and you didn't tell me who YOU were either!"

"I," she grinned in a manner of self-glorification, "am the almighty Hoshi Morgan!"

"She's just egotistical and new to all of this, dun mind her," Nyasu put in.

"A talking Nyasu?!" Satoshi's eyes widened at hearing Nyasu speak for the first time in years.

Nyasu rolled her eyes," Yeah, I'm a Nyasu. And I talk. Whoop de doo."

"We knew a talking Nyasu once," Kasumi said, scrutinizing Nyasu carefully to make sure this wasn't the same one they'd known before.

"How wonderful for you."

"Nyasu!" snapped Hoshi, "Be a bit more polite, I mean, obviously talking Pokemon don't happen every day."

"Is it my fault dey don't got no one to teach 'em to talk or don't do it on their own like my papa? Noooo."

Satoshi coughed, deciding to change the subject abruptly, "So what brings you back home so soon..."

***************

Satoshi frowned, "Men wearing black with an 'R' on their shirts wouldn't let you into Viridian City?"

"That's right!" replied Shinji.

"Some guard in black shooed Nyasu and I out of Viridian City about an hour before he said we couldn't get in, think there's a connection?" Hoshi asked.

"Actually, he just told us we couldn't fight at the gym but he kept giving us 'get out' looks until I'd exited the city, pullin' Ms 'but I wanna fight' out with me," Nyasu gave Hoshi a pointed glance, a 'You're sure lucky I got you out of there when I did' look.

"I wonder if the news says anything," Kasumi suggested walking over to turn on the Ketchums' television.

"And in our latest new report on the hostage situation in Viridian City..." the newsman began.

"Hostage situation?" murmured Shinji.

"It seems the nefarious Team Rocket has managed to lock all the citizens of Viridian in their city and block any outside efforts to enter. We don't know thei-" suddenly the TV filled with static and screaming in the background. When it cleared up, two faces were staring at the screen.

"Hello good citizens of the world," said the male half of the two breezily.

"We are Team Rocket, as I'm sure even you simpletons know," the female half continued.

"And all we want-" but before those in the Ketchum house listening could here the rest of what these two had to say, a female figure came through the door.

"SHINJI KETCHUM! AND YOU THOUGHT YOU COULD LEAVE WITHOUT ME!" declared the girl.

"No," groaned Shinji, "Not Keiko..."

"That's right! You can't escape from me Shin-Chan! I promised you, remember!"

"I try to forget," mumbled Shinji.

"Who are you?" asked Hoshi, looking a bit surprised by the girl's sudden entrance.

"I'm Keiko Sketchit, 10 years old, and yes, my father IS Professor Kenji Sketchit. No autographs, please," Keiko stopped to pause dramatically, "and Shin-Chan here made me promise when he was a small, small boy that when he started Pokemon training that I'd accompany him so he wouldn't get all lonely, then," she stopped to glare at Shinji, "he up and left without me! The LITTLE JERK!"

"How are you today, Keiko?" Kaumi asked, relatively used to this sort of thing.

"Wonderful, aside from a little hurt and beat up and angered and surprised by certain boys," she folded her arms and gave Shinji a quick death look.

Hoshi rolled her eyes, "Ok, now that we have that all cleared up," she waved her hand in front of the TV, "we have breaking news to watch!"

Keiko looked at the TV dismissively, "Oh, Team Rocket. I thought they were practically extinct. The leaders of Viridian must be completely inept to be taken over by THAT organization," she glanced at them all as if expecting them to agree, "I mean, daddy's told me SO much about the times when he traveled with you guys," she ushered towards Satoshi and Kasumi, "and blasted off Team Rocket. So what's to be afraid of?"

Satoshi looked at her sternly (He can actually be adult-like! *gasp*), "The people we fought were only one team. There were a lot of other ones, and Team Rocket as an entire organization is not something that any of us should be taking lightly, especially people that are going to be traveling the world." this time the look was directed at all three trainers.

Keiko stuck her nose into the air, "But you aren't expecting us to be overly cautious are you? You said Team Rocket as an entire organization, not as small teams. And YOU had an easy enough time with them."

Hoshi watched this all unknowingly, having no clue about her family's origins.

Nyasu's 'ahem' brought them back to reality, "They're actually stupid enough to tell dey're names! So the lot of ya, SHUT UP!"

The male half locked his violet eyes on the camera, "I am Seto."

The female brushed a bit of her long dark green hair back and said, "My name is Miaka."

"We will not tolerate the rebellions of the citizens of Viridian nor will we honor heroics from outside by sparing their lives," Seto held up a handgun as if to prove his point.

Miaka nodded, "So those of you who enjoy being alive would do very well to stay away from the vicinity of Viridian."

Hoshi snorted, and said sarcastically, "Oooh look at me. I'm a big bad Team Rocket elite and I'ma gonna shoot you if you so dare to question my tyranny. Yeah, I've got all these shivers now," she finished by rolling her eyes.

Kasumi current situation, "This is more serious than you think. I'd tell you to go somewhere else and stop watching, but," she raised her eyebrows, "If I do that, you could decide that by 'somewhere' I mean Viridian."

Shinji blinked, "Wow mom! Are you a psychic or something?" he asked, totally serious.

"No. I just know you very well."

Satoshi stood up, "Kasumi, I'm a Pokemon master, I should be doing something."

Kasumi shoved him down, "Like letting the police do their job!"

Keiko blinked, "Is this one of those 'family things' you were talking about earlier Shinji? Well then, we should leave it to the family," she chirped.

"What do you mean-" Nyasu was cut off as this strange girl, identified as Keiko Sketchit dragged she and her trainer away, apparently to her house.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Blah. I wrote this episode a long time ago, and I'm only just posting it now - the last one was old too. Consequently, as you probably noticed yourself, they aren't the best pieces of literature ever. Please bare with me…they should begin to improve sometime in the future.