Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Neo-Poke ❯ "I'll Take Team Rocket On!" Hoshi's Confident Challenge ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Neo-Poke: Episode Three, Season One: "I'll take Team Rocket on!" Hoshi's Confident Challenge!

When they got to Keiko's house, Hoshi whirled around to glare at the other girl, "Why the hell did you grab me?! I can walk myself!"

Keiko giggled, "You shouldn't use bad words you know, anyway, they're having a discussion that has to do with family, so it wouldn't be polite to intrude!"

"Well aren't we just the pinnacle of politeness?" grumbled Hoshi.

Keiko stuck her nose in the air, "It's better to be polite than down right rude. That's what anyone who's anyone knows."

"Ooooh!" Hoshi cooed, "You're really stuck up rich snob who hides it behind 'elegance' aren't you? I know your type!"

"Nu-uh! Just because you're probably from some," Keiko paused to consider her choice or wording, "SLUM! You're jealous because my family's rich!"

Nyasu sighed, "And they call this a cat fight huh? Well, that's just insulting to us felines," no one paid her any attention.

Hoshi rolled up a sleeve, "You want to really fight, huh? Well then, I'm afraid charm doesn't get you out of this!"

"A dirty fight! That sounds just like what someone like YOU would come up-" suddenly Keiko caught her father approaching out of the corner of her eye, and fell down onto the ground and started crying as though she'd been pushed.

"This won't be good," Nyasu murmured.

Hoshi's jaw dropped, "You crybaby…" she grumbled watching Kenji approach faster at the sound of sobbing, "You scheming little b-…"

Nyasu once again had to intervene for her trainer's sake by firmly scratching her across the face and getting the enraged preteen to jump into nearby hedges after her.

***************************

After Kenji had checked to make sure his daughter's 'attacker' had left the area, he led her inside, to make sure she wasn't hurt.

"You really owe me a lot, and we're only on your second day!" Nyasu grumbled, "Lesson One: Don't mess with the spoiled daughters of rich professors."

"You know, I'd rather not hear your input."

"It's all only for your own good, kid."

Hoshi glanced at the ground, "Yeah, well…none of this is my fault! You can't possibly blame this on me! I have dumb luck! Emphasis on the 'dumb'!"

"If you can't take responsibility, den I'm afraid dis is the farthest you're ever gonna get kid. With you, NOTHING is your fault when you have your way."

Hoshi snorted, "Well pardon my right to defend myself."

"Dere's a line between defending yourself and being downright irresponsible and you've crossed it more than any self-respecting human OR pokemon should," snapped Nyasu irritably, "I ain't just talking about recently either. Keep acting like that and you might as well be in Team Rocket."

"Hoshi folded her arms, "Don't say that! In fact, I'm going to go and take them on RIGHT NOW! If they're using guns, I bet they have no real power so it won't be a problem!" with that she skirted out of the hedge and began walking sulkily to the edge of town.

"Fine! When you realize what yer really up against come back here because I'll be at the Shinji kid's house!"

***************************

As Hoshi walked down the road, she subconsciously kicked a rock, 'What does Nyasu thinks she's saying anyway? I can take care of myself well enough and if she doesn't like it, she can just sit back at home and be pampered! Because I really wouldn't give a crap! Plus, with all this insulting and lecturing she's doing, I wouldn't be able to STAND her much longer!'

As she walked farther, the more her anger faded and a feeling of loneliness took over, along with doubts about what she was going to do. They did have guns after all…that meant they could make a clear-cut shot and kill her if they wanted to. But if she went back, she thought, Nyasu would look at her so smugly, Shinji would tease her for chickening out and those parents of his would give her one hell of a reprimanding, not to mention what would happen if they called HER parents into the situation. Thinking about this made the anger start to bubble again, and in turn, drive common sense away.

'Bring them all on! Charmander is ALL I need!'

But doubt lingered still, as she took half a step back near Viridian's gates…but it was now or never.

'I'll stop this all by myself and show them how stupid their worrying and nagging at me is!'

The gates seemed unearthly big now, she knew they weren't, but they looked that way to her now. And instead of just the two Rockets from before who would probably fight against her, her imagination was plagued with thoughts of millions of them…all waiting to pounce. Ticking time bombs, predators chasing a sickly pokemon…

'I'm NO sickly pokemon! I can do it! I'm Hoshi Morgan, and if I keep all my wits about me and believe that I can do it, then I can do ANYTHING! Or maybe survive…no, not maybe survive! Will survive! Yes!'

As she approached further up, a reporter who was taping from the bushes to record the situation spied her and snaked out to grab her in the bushes.

'My God! Why am I getting dragged in all these bushes today?! You know…that just sounded really perverted…'

"Excuse me miss," he started, "I believe you are going to challenge Team Rocket, correct?"

"Let's put it this way, would I just take a pleasurable walk around where a gang of murdering thieves is hiding out?" she smirked cockily. Cameras. Focused on her. What fear of dying? Glorious cameras, glorious moment in the spotlight, 'This is what being a trainer should be about!' she thought to herself.

"Well then," the reporter coughed, "a little background information before you di-er…challenge Team Rocket?" then the cameraman taping all of this smiled to himself, 'Great! A cocky kid taking them on! We'll have to emphasize on how heroically this young trainer died, having a promising career cut short! The ratings will be great! They'll go through the roof and I'll get a promotion! Good-bye minimum wage camera job! I'm going to get my face in FRONT of this camera!'

***************************

At the Morgan residence in Neko Town…

Seven year old Kazuma Morgan sighed as he flipped through channels, his parents, Meowth, and his oldest sister had gone a short errand for something and the same thing was on every channel: The people of Viridian are being held hostage. Now, watching this was all good and well for a while, but after hours upon hours with no developments and stupid reporters talking about how 'horrible and hopeless' the situation was, a seven-year-old boy tended to get bored.

"My name is Hoshi Morgan-"

Kazuma quickly went back to that channel. Was that his sister? But who would be interviewing her? After watching a bit of what was going on, he had a sudden feeling of happiness thinking that maybe he'd have a famous heroine for a sister, but then he had a sudden deep feeling of dread in the pit of his stomach.

Something wasn't right. Those other people had guns. Pokemon were able at battling, that was true, but guns…if they hit her or her pokemon it was going to be over quickly. He bit his lip, what do you DO when your older sister is miles away and possibly minutes from death? Luckily though, the door opened to signal that his parents, Meowth and Miya were back home.

Kazuma abruptly abandoned the TV and ran to them, "Mom! Dad! Hoshi's gonna get herself killed! It's on TV!" he said urgently.

Seventeen-year-old Miya nearly dropped the parcel she was carrying and looked slightly disbelieving, "What?!"

Kazuma was nearly jumping up and down, "Team Rocket took Viridian City hostage and Hoshi's there saying she's going to fight them! They have guns!"

Now, this was obviously enough to send the rest of the Morgan family to the TV, and Musashi was the first to say anything, "What is she thinking?! Kojiro, go get the car! We're going to Viridian RIGHT NOW!"

Kojiro, knowing that an angry Musashi was a force to be reckoned with and being concerned with the fate of his daughter, obediently went outside to start up the car.

***************************

At the Ketchum house in Pallet Town…

Satoshi spit out his soda, seeing the newest development on the news station, "That girl can't possibly-"

"That conceited idiot!" snapped Nyasu, "I swear!"

"Wow," Shinji simply stared at the TV.

"Kasumi!" cried Satoshi, "You can't just tell me to do nothing NOW!"

"I'm not. Go before she dies!"

Shinji perked up, "Can I come?"

Kasumi looked at her only son evenly, "No."

"But-"

"No."

"I told her I'd fight h-"

"NO, Shinji!"

Then Shinji blinked and looked around, "Where's dad?"

"Your dad already left," Nyasu motioned to the open door.

***************************

Hoshi, meanwhile was grinning at the cameras, not at all aware that she had both her parents and Satoshi Ketchum on her tail at this very moment, "Well, I have a Charmander, and a Spearow. Oh, and Nyasu, but she isn't important," Hoshi cockily told reporters with a smug smirk on her face.

"I see," said the reporter with a false grin plastered on his face. But of course the grin didn't look fake, reporters need to be good at fake grins after all, "Now, what of your home life ah…Hoshi?"

"Well-" suddenly a bullet zoomed through the bushes and, luckily, Hoshi and the cameraman were out of its range…however, let's just say that the reporter wouldn't be having any more children. He let out a high-pitched squeak of pain.

"We know where you are," came the cool voice of Seto, "we've known it for a while, but Miaka and I find it extremely amusing that some bratty child thinks herself so mighty as to be able to beat us."

"I find it extremely amusing that you think yourselves so mighty as to not be beat," Hoshi retorted cockily, but suddenly found herself facing the barrel of a gun as Miaka hopped off of the platform she'd been standing on a few seconds ago and pointed the gun at Hoshi.

"Do not mock Team Rocket, girl. We are mightier than you will ever live to know, for your information," looking into the blue eyes of Miaka, Hoshi could've sworn she saw a complete emptiness. No feeling, not even anger for Hoshi's cocky attitude towards them or joy at killing the enemy.

The cameraman placed himself in front of the camera, since his colleague was quite indisposed at the moment (AKA: He was whimpering and rocking softly near the edge of the bushes) and began to speak, "Well folks, this may very well be the end for more than one of us. Before I die a bloody, gruesome death I'd like to say…MY COMPANY SUCKS! I SERVE THEM SO LOYALLY FOR FIFTEEN YEARS AND THEY KEEP ME BEHIND THIS F*CKIN' CAMERA! THEN, NEWBIE OVER THERE JUST WALTZES IN AND GETS TO BE IN FRONT OF IT! I HATE YOU ALL AT THE COMPANY! MAY TEAM ROCKET BURN DOWN THE BUILDING WHILE YOU'RE ALL IN IT!" he began to laugh maniacally. This odd display was enough to catch the attention of Miaka (Who had a giant sweatdrop rolling down her head) and Hoshi took the opportunity to edge herself away, but as she backed out of the bushes, she felt the cold metal of Seto's gun being pointed at her back.

"Oh crap," she whispered.

"Yes, it seems you won't get out of this one so easily," said Seto softly.

Hoshi chanced a pathetic look at him, 'Hey, I just noticed this, but he's extremely hot!' she thought suddenly. The gun was pressed harder against her back, 'And he's going to murder me. Why are all the hot ones gay, taken, or psychopathic?'

"I do pity you," Seto mused, "but that isn't a good thing. I hate weak people and creatures, and I'm going to enjoy ridding the world of one of them."

Then, as if by some miracle (And the fact that I can't kill a main character in episode three!) a purple aura enveloped the gun and it flew away from Seto, "The hell?!" he said in an agitated manner that didn't suit him at all.

Satoshi appeared in site, his Noctowl at his side. When he saw Seto's surprised expression he gave a nonchalant shrug, "Well, I live nearby and I'm one of the greatest trainers in the world. You can't expect me to do nothing. Noctowl, you know what you need to do."

Noctowl cooed in agreement, and in a few seconds, a pile of guns with the same purple aura as Seto's now had appeared at Satoshi's feet. The Noctowl seemed to concentrate for a moment, and they were all blown into smithereens.

"Oh my God, I'll never doubt my religion in the slightest again," whispered Hoshi in awe, "There really are miracles."

Satoshi turned to her, "You should leave right now," his eyes held a stern expression that clearly seemed to be saying, 'I may not be your parent, relative, or guardian, but I can and will still punish you for this,'.

"Y-yes sir," murmured Hoshi, dashing away nimbly away from Viridian. Then as she ran down the path, she stopped suddenly at something heading up from the opposite direction, 'Holy crap! That's my family's van! I'm definitely in much worse trouble now than I was before!'