Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Orion Rickter's Pokemon Journey ❯ The Pokemon World ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Ch. 2: The Pokemon World

Orion was fascinated by all that was around him. The new smells, sights, and so much more. He had beaten a Caterpie today but forgot to capture it and by the time he remembered it had gotten away. He saw so many pokemon. He had not thought there were that many pokemon! It was late in the day when he realized he was tired. He decided to rest by a nearby stream. As he sat down he heard something.

"Blub, blub, blub." It went. Then a head popped up out of the water. Orion flipped open his pokedex.

"Corphish: A little crab pokemon. It is very curious and won't run away from a battle. It is strong for its size."

"I have to have it. Charmander, go!"

"Char!"

"Charmander, ember!" The head went under and ember missed. The head popped up a few feet away. "Again!" It missed. "Again!" It missed. Orion was getting frustrated.

"Lure it out of the water by boiling the water." A strange boy said. He was probably 2 years older than Orion.

"Ok. Charmander, use ember on the water!" The water started boiling.

"Corphish." It said as it came out of the water.

"Charmander, ember!" Charmander used ember but Corphish just shrugged it off. "What Happened?"

"You idiot, It's a water type! It's resistant to fire! Use scratch!" The strange boy said.

"I know that! Charmander, use scratch!" Charmander used scratch. It was a critical hit! Corphish fell over with swirly eyes. "Yes! Now pokeball, go!" The pokeball gobbled up Corphish. It wobbled for a few moments until a slight `ding' was heard. "I caught Corphish!" Then Orion remembered the strange boy. He turned to him and said, "Thanks, but who are you?"

"I'm a pokemon expert! Well, I'm trying to be."

"My name is Orion. What is yours?"

"I'm Josh. Say, you're a pokemon trainer right?"

"Yea."

"And you're traveling around right?"

"Yea."

"Could I travel with you?"

"Sure! That would be great!" At that moment his stomach grumbled. "You wouldn't have food would you?"

"Ha, ha! Yea! There also is a Pokemon Center down there." (points downstream) Orion and Josh got to know each other more as they ate. Josh was actually only 1 year older than Orion and was sort of a pokemon trainer himself. They decided to let each other see their pokemon. Orion brought out his Charmander and Corphish. Josh brought out 4 pokemon. A Growlith, a Diglet, a Nidorina, and a Nidorino. "This Nidorina and Nidorino are brother and sister. I have had them since they were little Nidorans." They talked until it began getting dark.

"We should go if we want to reach the Pokemon Center by sundown."

"Yea." They recalled their pokemon and headed downstream. It got darker and darker. They were afraid they wouldn't make it on time, But that fear was wiped away as they rounded a bend and saw lights. "There it is, let's go." They walked in and up to Nurse Joy.

"Hi. May I help you?"

"Could you restore my pokemon and give us a room to sleep in?"

"Ok. Follow me." As Orion and Josh followed her they noticed other people. Orion also noticed a sign that said; Take the Gym Leader Challenge!

"What's the Gym Leader Challenge?"

"You don't know?" Josh said surprised. "It's for pokemon trainers. They battle their pokemon against very strong trainers in different gyms. They're called Gym Leaders. If you beat them you get a badge. If you get all the badges, you're considered very strong and can compete in a very big competition like the Indigo Plateau or the Silver Conference for the Kanto and Johto regions."

"Wow! That's awesome! I want to take the Gym Leader Challenge!"

"I would tell you more, but we are at our room. Thanks, Nurse Joy."

"You're welcome." The boys went and got in their beds. Josh fell asleep very soon, but Orion was thinking. He was thinking about all he had learned. He couldn't wait to go to the first gym. I wonderwhere it is? He wondered. He decided to fall asleep at 11pm, but he couldn't stop thinking about the wonderful Pokemon world, and fell asleep at 1am.