Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Orion Rickter's Pokemon Journey ❯ Gym Battle ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I have not been doing disclaimers so I might as well start. I do not own pokemon but I do own most of the characters and the Taren region and everything about it!

Ch. 4: Gym Battle

Since they had skipped breakfast they were very hungry for lunch. The food was quickly consumed and paid for. They and were about to leave.

"I need to go get some supplies for our little trip." Josh said. They went to the pokemart and while Josh was getting supplies Orion just looked around. A little bit later Josh came back. "Ok, I'm ready." And with that they left. After they walked for 5 hours they decided to eat. They sat down and Orion fetched wood as Josh got out a pot and some food.

"I didn't know you were a cook." Orion, back with the wood, said.

"I'm not, so don't pretend to die if it is terrible."

"I won't." After awhile the food was ready. No one said anything though the food was not bad. In fact it was pretty good. After they had eaten they got out their sleeping bags and said goodnight.

In the morning once again Josh was up first. They packed up and, after breakfast, they left. They stopped only twice. To rest and to have lunch. It was mid afternoon when they finally reached the town. It sure wasn't the biggest city though it wasn't small and everything was made out of brick. They walked through the town looking around. They passe the pokemon center and the pokemart. They passed unusual looking buildings and a pokemon school. A few buildings later they found the gym. As they entered the gym they heard a voice.

"You here to challenge the gym leader?" A man with a gruff voice said.

"Yes."

"Then let me give you some advice. The gym leader here is of the rock type so grass and water would do well here. Just don't use flying or rock or you'll get creamed! Go get him champ!" Orion and Josh just looked at each other and walked on. A instant later they realized they didn't know who the gym leader was. They walked back to the man.

"Um…sir. Who is the gym leader here?"

"Oh Eric? He is right over there." He said pointing over to a man talking to another man. "He is in the red."

"Thanks!" They ran up to the man Mr. Gruffvoice had pointed to. "Excuse me. I would like to battle the gym leader."

"That would be me. I'm Eric. Who are you and your friend?"

"I'm Orion and he is Josh. I'm the one who wants to battle."

"Ok. Just follow me." They followed him to a very rocky arena.

"What's with the arena Josh?"

"Certain gyms have arenas that give an advantage to their pokemon type."

"Oh."

"Well, let's get started. It will be a two on two battle. First person to be out of pokemon loses. Now, let's go! Go Geodude!"

"Go Corphish!"

"A water type. Geodude, rock throw!"

"Dodge it and use water gun!"

"Go behind that rock!" The water gun hit the rock. "Now, rock throw!"

"Dodge it!" Corphish was too slow and was hit by rock throw. It wobbled for a second then recovered. "Good job. Hang in there! Water gun!"

"Behind that rock!" The water gun hit the rock. "Now rock throw!" Rock throw hit their mark and Corphish was knocked out.

"Darn, return Corphish! He just keeps going behind those rocks and countering so quickly. Go Charmander! Ember! Now move!"

"HA! A fire type! Go behind that rock and counter!" Rock throw missed.

"Embe…"

"Rock throw!" Charmander was knocked out.

"<BEEP>! Charmander return!"

Everyone: O_O' (sweatdrop)

Orion stormed out.

Everyone: O_O' (sweatdrop)

"Who knew he could be so irritable!" Josh said.

~*~

"What was all that about?" Josh said as they waited for Orion's pokemon to be healed.

"There is no place in this world for losers!"

"They allow rematches."

"They do?"

"Duh!"

"Oh, well I'm sorry."

"That's ok. We were to surprised to focus on what you said."

"Good. But I won't lose. I have a plan!"

"Here are your pokemon." Said Nurse Joy.

~*~

"I want a rematch. But don't go easy on me." Eric looked at Josh. Josh nodded.

"Ok. Go Geodude!"

"Go Corphish!" He whispered something to it. "Now, brand new-secret-mega attack! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Eric looked at Josh. Josh Shrugged. They suddenly noticed Geodude was looking at a Corphish using quick attack.

"Hurry, Geodude go behind that rock!" Corphish's claws started to glow and the rock blew apart. "Next rock!" That rock blew apart too. And so it went until no rocks were left.

"Corphish, bubblebeam!"

"Geodude, behind that ro…o_o uh oh." Geodude was hit by bubblebeam and was knocked out. "Good job, but you're going down! Go Ryhorn! Rock throw!"

"Crab hammer them back!" The rocks were hit back and stunned Ryhorn. "Now, while it's stunned, water gun!" The water gun hit and Ryhorn was struggling.

"Ryhorn, charge Corphish!" Ryhorn put its horn foreword, which split the stream of water and charged. Corphish was hit and knocked out.

"Man! Oh well, go Charmander!"

"Ryhorn, charge Charmander!" Ryhorn started charging but Charmander stood steady.

"Not yet. Not yet. Not yet! Now!" Charmander flipped up and onto Ryhorn and covered Ryhorn's eyes.

"Watch out!" But it was too late. Charmander jumped off and Ryhorn slammed into the wall knocking itself out. "Good job. I present you with the rock badge."

"Yes! ^_^" Afterwards they had dinner and got a room in the Aracas Inn. It took a while for Orion to go to sleep but, after a while, he drifted off to sleep.