Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Ripples ❯ Explanations and Near-Revelations ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Ripples

Chapter 6

Kerri: Explanations and Near-Revelations


We let our pokémon out of their poké balls. For my pokémon and Nigel’s, I used my telepathy and let Merlin do some out loud explaining so that no one would get suspicious. Since James’ Weezing had been out for the battle, it knew something was going on, although it still required a great deal of explanation. James then took another poké ball from his belt and threw it.
"I choose you, Victreebell!" cried James.
"You sound just like the brat!" retorted Jessie.
James didn't have a chance to reply, for his Victreebell promptly took one look at him and latched onto his head!
My eyes widened in surprise. I'd never seen a pokémon do that to its trainer before!
I could hear James' muffled voice saying, "Let me go!"
Jessie rolled her eyes. "He should have left it in the poké ball."
"Does this happen often?" I said.
Jessie ignored me, but Meowth said, "Yeah. All da time."
I sighed. After a time, James managed to extricate himself from Victreebell's mouth.
Brock let out his Onix, a Vulpix, a Zubat, and a Geodude. Wow, Onix was big! I’d never realized just how big, for I’d only seen them on television or as entries in a pokédex.
Misty let out her pokémon, which included a Staryu, a Starmie, a Goldeen, a Horsea, and a Psyduck. Psyduck looked perpetually confused.
While I was finishing my explanations to Nigel’s and my pokémon, Steve went over to Misty. “Um, I hadn’t noticed before...but what is that pokémon--the one that looks like a partially hatched egg?”
“Togepi!” cried Togepi. I don’t know what it meant by that.
“Oh, that’s a Togepi,” said Misty.
“A what?” said Steve. “I’ve never heard of it.”
“Neither have I,” said Diana. “What kind of pokémon is it?”
“I really don’t know,” said Misty. “But I guess I’ll find out.”
“It’s cute,” said Steve.
“Thanks,” said Misty.
I let out Jessie’s pokémon, which immediately looked to me for guidance since I was in her body. James, Meowth and I had to explain it to them, and Weezing tried to help explain as Victreebell eyed James’ head.
“Charbokka,” said Arbok. (“I refuse to believe it. This is impossible.”)
“Licki,” said Lickitung. (“Huh?”)
“I know it sounds crazy, Arbok,” said Meowth, “But I saw the whole thing! Think about it. Dis girl is acting too nice to be Jessie.”
“Arbok Charbokka Bok,” said Arbok as it looked at Jessie and me. (“All right then. I’m going to ask you this: Where did we first meet?”)
I didn’t know the answer to that, although I could have scanned Jessie’s mind for the information if I had wanted to. But I didn’t. Taking a trip into Jessie's mind would have been slumming on a major scale. It was bad enough that I was in her body.
I shrugged. Jessie smirked and said, “You were a birthday present from my boss, and I thought you were the most beautiful Ekans I’d ever seen. . .” she said as her eyes misted up.
“Lick Licki,” said Lickitung. (“And how about me?”)
“Oh yeah, you,” said Jessie. “You ate all the food I’d bought for the boss, and I caught you. And then you managed to defeat the brat’s Pikachu and Bulbasaur, and you got that Vulpix too.”
“Where’d this happen?” I said.
“The Princess Festival,” said Jessie. “I was so close to--” Her face hardened. “I don’t have to tell you anything!” She stomped off.
“Um, what was that about?” I said.
James and Meowth exchanged glances. “Maybe we shouldn’t tell you,” said Meowth.
“She was so close to winning, wasn’t she?” I said.
James’ eyes widened in astonishment. “How did you know?”
“Well, she mentioned the Princess Festival and pokémon battles, so it wasn’t too hard to figure out,” I said.
Ash, meanwhile, had let most of his pokémon out. As he took one last poké ball from his belt, Misty said, “Um, Ash, I don’t think that’s such a good idea!”
“Why not? We may need Charizard at some point,” said Ash.
“Ash, you can’t control it, and you know that! Just leave it in the poké ball and rely on the others!” argued Misty. “Do you want Kerri and Nigel to get fried?!”
”And don’t forget Meowth and me!” James cried.
“I hadn’t,” Misty replied maliciously.
“Um, I suppose not,” said Ash. As he was about to put the poké ball away, Psyduck bowled him over and the ball flew from his hands. It opened and coalesced into a Charizard, which looked around and saw all the pokémon and people standing there. It focused itself on James, Meowth and me (thinking I was Jessie, no doubt) and attempted to fry us.
Instinctively, I formed a telekinetic shield. The fire bounced off harmlessly.
“Charizard, no!” cried Ash. “I didn’t tell you to attack!”
“Merlin, disable that Charizard, now!” I cried, pointing.
Charizard roared and was about to let loose another fire blast when Merlin psychically restrained Charizard and confused it so much that it could no longer attack.
“Charizard, return!” cried Ash as he recalled it.
Everyone was looking at me.
“Nice work, Merlin,” I said, trying to make them think that it had all been Merlin’s doing. “You saved us from that Charizard."
<<It was not my doing, Mistress, >> replied Merlin telepathically.
<<I know that, >> I sent, << but we need to attribute it to you.>>
“That’s some Kadabra you’ve got,” said Ash.
“Thanks,” I said.
After that, we finished our explanations and showed our guests to their rooms. I let Jessie borrow some of my pajamas, and I borrowed some of her clothes. Then we went to bed, and as I left, I heard Jessie complain, “Why doesn’t this girl have any nightgowns?”
As I got myself ready for bed, I sighed. Everything around me was familiar--the white-and-yellow swirled wallpaper, the cheery quilt on her bed, the paintings I’d done, the princess dolls in the far corner--but as I tried to put on my usual pajamas, I was bitterly reminded that I was in a stranger’s body. Sighing irritably, I took them off and put on some of the clothes that I had gotten from Jessie and then sat on the edge of the bed, staring out the window.
<<Mistress? >> sent Merlin.
<<What?>> I replied.
<<I just want you to know that we will try our hardest to find an answer for this, and that no matter which body you occupy, you are still my trainer. I will always know you for who you truly are.>>
Tears streamed down my face. <<Oh Merlin--what would I do without you?>> I gave Merlin a hug.
I eventually cried myself to sleep, and Merlin, Jade, and Wanderlust settled down near me.

Converting /tmp/phpPqCC2u to /dev/stdout