Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Separation ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Separation - Part One

Author's Notes: This is my second ficcy, so R&R! ^_^ Thanks!
DISCLAIMER: Kids WB, CREATURES, GAME FREAK, Nintendo, and so on...
****************************************************************< br> The trio chuckled cunningly as they floated over the forest. It was midday, and it was certainly looking good! They not only had captured their long awaited Pikachu, but also one of the twerp's friend's Arcanine! The boss was surely going to give them a huge raise, and maybe even a vacation. Yep, fortune was definitely looking their way.

That was, until something popped into their balloon. Naturally, the two pokemon flew out of their basket while they were tossed to and frau in the air. However, to add to their dilemma, a large tornado of wind and dust exploded their balloon and the three went flying into the unknown. "Looks like Team Rocket's blasting off again!"

Two thuds landed in a thorny bush, causing them to jump up in agony. Thorns poked out of their clothes as they crawled out slowly.

Pouting, James began to pull out his thorns. "It's not fair! We were so close that time!"

"It wasn't the only time we were close," his partner mumbled back as she herself pulled out her own thorns, "and lost because of those stupid kids!"

It took a few seconds before they realized that there was no sly comment. They looked around, only to discover that Meowth was missing. "Meowth's missing!" they exclaimed in surprise. Frantically, they searched for their missing friend, but it was for naught; no footprint laid in the ground or did complaints fill the air.

Exhausted after the search, the once trio, now duo, sat in defeat. After a while, Jessie's eyes widened and exclaimed, "I bet that fur ball went on without us!"

James snorted. "Yeah. He's probably eating his life out right now!"

Jessie jumped to her feet. "That dimwit! How dare he! Come on, let's go. When I get my hands on him I'll..." her voice dragged off as she stomped off in the distance, most likely to get herself lost once again. James was at her side immediately, not daring to drag behind her, only to find himself lost.

It was dark by the time they reached, once again, Violet City. However, they were not as clean as they were the first time they had stumbled upon this city, and not as hungry either. Therefore, the first thing they did was search for food.

Having no money and knowing that they would be here for some time, the two decided to pick pocket for their money. These people were rich, by the looks of them, so they would have no problem.

Jessie sighed with pleasure as they entered the bakery. James rubbed his hands together and licked his lips when his eyes caught sight of the wonderful looking donuts. Once bought, the two ran outside and sat at one of the table set.

"Yum! Ips bearby bood!" James stuffed another into his mouth, despite the other two he had yet to finish.

"James! Bon't beat wif your mouf fool!" Jessie swallowed her own pastry, with a gulp and laughed at James' comment about what she had just done. "Well," she continued, "can't win 'em all, can ya?"

James grinned. "I guess that we..." He was cut off as a large gust of wind blew over them. "Ugh!" They covered their faces with their arms, but that didn't help them fight against the wind. They quickly found themselves on the ground, underneath the table.

"Naturally," started Jessie, "when we're finally staying in one place, a storm starts!"

"Yeah. It's not fair!" James agreed.

"Stop whining and get up. We've got to find somewhere to stay for the night." She stood shakily and walked against the wind, towards a hotel she had seen when they had first entered the city. After a great effort, they arrived. "Hmm. It's not a five star." She said as they approached the desk. There were a lot of people rushing around the lobby for reasons unknown to them. Not to mention that many of them had the misfortune of bumping into Team Rocket. They would soon find that the thirties, fifties, or perhaps even hundreds that they had in their pocket would soon be missing. Tough luck for them.

James slowly opened the door to their room, unsure of what to expect. Jessie pouted. "It's so small!" She exclaimed, horrified. "How am I suppose to move in this cell?"

"What were you expecting for eighty dollars?" he mumbled. He brushed one of his gloved fingers over the surface of the counter and smiled. "At least it's clean!" Jessie, however, had made her way into the bathroom. After all, wasn't it the bathroom that seemed to be the dirtiest?

"Hmm. I suppose it will do. We're only staying for one night anyway..." She sat on the bed and pulled off her boots and sighed at the room her feet now had. She laid back and put her hands behind her head. James, remote in hand, jumped on the bed next to her.

"Alright! Cable!" James grinned as he began to surf. Jessie sighed and sat up against the flimsy pillows and watched the channels go by. He stopped at one channel, which featured an old black-and-white silent movie. A strange man wearing a weird mask that looked like a person's face covered his identity. A screen fell over his mouth and nose, so that he might breath. A woman slipped up behind him as he played a massive organ and ripped off his mask. Apparently, the man was supposed to be ugly, but, she snickered, Jessie had seen uglier! The man with no hair slowly stalked the woman who had pulled off his mask and loomed over her. He...James turned the channel. Jessie scowled at him from the corner of her eye and saw a bored look on his face. Nevertheless, the amusement was re-lit as he saw something that caught his interest.

She turned back to the television set, and saw that it was on of those "Beauty and the Beast" shows. The man who was supposed to be the beast, but looked much like a lion, was sitting on the floor in what looked like an apartment. He held a book and was crying. Memories flashed through his mind of a young happy woman. They were dancing and...once again, James changed the channel.

Fed up, Jessie snatched the remote from him. "Hey!" he said in surprise.

"Would you stop flipping? Once I start to get into something, you change it!" Jessie glared at him and then at the television as she began her own flipping.

"Well," he said, folding his arms, "it's my hobby to annoy you."

"Obviously." She turned to him and stuck her tongue out at him before turning back her flipping.

It wasn't everyday that Jessie was in this good of a mood. 'Hmm...maybe she should be fed more often. With an occasional inn now and then.' He chuckled at his own thoughts, wondering if that was really the reason why she seemed happier.

Annoyed with the television, she turned it off and threw the remote in one of the many dark corners that seemed to pop up everywhere. "Humph! Nothing's on!" She turned towards James, "How much money do we have left?"

He reached into his pocket and took out a wad of money. Jessie's eyes widened in shock, not realizing how much they seemed to have. He quickly counted and came to a total.

"Two hundred and sixty-four dollars?" She had expected about only fifty left, maybe eighty at the most. Certainly not two hundred!

"And twenty-two cents." James said proudly. He had found the twenty-two cents on the floor when he had tripped over that blasted rock.

Her eyes lighted up with excitement and she reached over to the nightstand and grabbed a binder-book and flipped through the pages. "Let's get room service! I'm starving!"

"Yeah!" He peaked over her shoulder to get a better look at the menu. They had lost most of their hard-earned pastries in that sudden wind-blast, and therefore had yet to eat at their fullest.

A table full of empty plates later, Jessie and James sighed as they did just that. With full stomachs, a wonderful rare blessing for them, they reclined on the bed, with their backs once again against the backboard. James had mysteriously held the remote to his hands and was once again flipping the channel every two minutes. Jessie ignored him this time, however, to exhausted to argue. Instead, she scooted down and laid her head on her pillow, watching what she could before it disappeared. She didn't remember when she had nodded off to sleep, but she did remember that she was enveloped in warmth.



Okay, that's it for part one! ^_^ What did you guys think of it? I know it was sort of short, but...oh well! ^_^ Thanks and please, please, PLEASE! Review!! ^_^