Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Separation ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Separation - Part Two

Author's Notes: Here's the second part of Separation! Sorry, but I don't know the relationship between a yen and a dollar, so I just used dollars...just use your imagination ^_~ Please R&R!!!!!! ^_^
Disclaimers: Standard disclaimers apply
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jessie woke with a start. Sweat covered her brow and her breathing was labored, and coming out in short gasps. She sat up and placed a hand over her heart, as if to will it from it's race to pop out of her skin. She looked around her, expecting to see...something...attack her. She didn't quite remember who or what she had been expecting, but somehow, she knew it was good.

For the first time, she looked around at her dark surroundings. She was warm, which meant that she was not in some deep forest, but by way of the moonlight, this room was much larger than the rooms at the Head Quarters. Confused, she carefully slipped from the bed, and stood up. Yesterday's events flashed back to her, and remembered that she was in a hotel. She smiled triumphantly as she looked for a clock. The small red digital numbers read that it was eight twenty-nine. She sighed and entered the bathroom, closing the door behind her. Might as well take a shower, now that she was up. Besides, it was eight thirty, way passed the time that they should be up. They still had to look for their missing partner.

She sighed as the warm water washed away the dirt and mud of the past few weeks. She couldn't even remember when the last time she had taken such luxury as taking a shower. Thus, she took her time, and rubbed the dirt off of her until her skin shown once again.

A long time later, she emerged from her now cold water and dried off. She toweled dried her wet locks and brushed them out. Hesitantly, she put her Team Rocket outfit on, despite how dirty it was. A sudden rash idea came to her. James had some extra money left! She could just...borrow some for a new outfit for her! It would be clean, and then she could clean this one! She smiled at her plan and hurriedly dried her hair.

Once she stepped out of the bathroom, she was pushed aside by a blur of blue. "Ugh! Watch it!" The door was immediately slammed behind him.

"You've been in here for over two hours!" He complained. A rush of water echoed throughout the large bathroom as he turned on the shower.

"There's a good reason for that! I girl has to have her privacy some times!" She called back.

It was silent in the bathroom for a few seconds, save for the running of water. Soon, however, that silence was broken by a howl of terror. Concerned, Jessie knocked on the door, "James, are..."

"Jessie! You used up all of the warm water!" he complained, trying desperately to find some warmness.

She giggled. Nevertheless, she caught what she just did automatically, and turned it into a snicker as if to erase the slipped giggle. Why, this was her that she was thinking about...she didn't giggle! It wasn't...dominating. "Well, that's what you get for sleeping in!"

"No," he mumbled under his breath, "that's what I get for being courteous." Jessie, of course, could not hear this, and continued to laugh at him lightly. She found the money that they had stolen on the counter, next to a pile of change that itself must have added to ten dollars.

"I'm going to go out for a little while," she hollered to him. A muffled reply answered back to her, and she took the money, but left the change. She didn't bother to count the bills before stuffing them into her inside pocket, and left the room.

She didn't know exactly what she was looking for, or where to even find it, but continued to walk the streets. Despite its size, this city didn't have the best choices in clothing. She sighed as she left yet another store, empty-handed. It figured that the one time she had money in her pocket, there was nothing to spend it on. Yet again, she was on the street, but this time even more annoyed then before. True, choosing clothes took time and it was done very delicately, but there was a point where she could only take so much! Besides, if she didn't find anything soon, she would...

And then she saw it. It certainly wasn't the most beautiful thing she had ever seen, but it was very nice. It was a two piece outfit, with black silk pants and a matching black silk vest. Diamond-like buttons adorned the seams at the top of the pants and along the seams on the sides of the legs. The vest also held the same buttons, but zigged and zagged in an interesting pattern. The blouse that came with it was red with black pearl buttons that began about five inches from the top of the breastbone. To top it all, an also black jacket accompanied it all that reached to the knees. She was inside instantaneously and at the side of the stack on which held the outfit. Four stores back, she had taken up the nerve and counted the money in her pocket. She had two hundred and forty dollars to spend, and the clothes were only $115. The clerk said that everything in the store was up to sixty-five percent off, due to the holidays. Apparently, this certain set of clothes was one of those few fifty- percent items. What luck! If they had come a week earlier, she would have had to pay over $300, which she couldn't have afforded in the first place.

As the clerk began to ring up her total, Jessie looked around. She grinned as she spotted yet another outfit. That ensemble was only sixty-five dollars, but it didn't look like it was cheap. When she walked out of the store that day, she had spent one hundred and eighty-five dollars, which left sixty-five dollars left. She just shrugged it off, 'Oh well,' she thought, 'There's always more pockets with money...'

When she returned back to the room, it was half past twelve. James was once again watching television, and barely looked up at Jessie when she entered the room. She threw him a bag, and he looked at her in confusion. "Change," she said, bluntly, "These clothes are disgusting. They need to be washed." She pulled at her jacket to as if to show how dirty they were. Jessie locked herself in the bathroom and quickly changed out of her Team Rocket clothes, as if they were cursed. However, she took her time into changing into her new clothes. Of course, because they were new, she had to be careful not to make any jerky move moments, unless she wanted to rip them. When she finished, she scanned herself on the wall-length mirror. The mirror in the changing room wasn't nearly as big, but it had shown her that she liked it. The pants were loose, but tighter at the end so it wouldn't become caught on anything. Thus, she would be able to run, if the case should arise. The blouse was also loose, and there fore comfortable. She was able to move her arms freely, and thus able to reach above her head. The vest, even though tight, did not prevent her from keeping that movement free. She did not bother putting on the jacket, for it was too warm to put it on at the moment; the heater was on.

Satisfied at what she saw, she went back into the bedroom. She glared at James, who was, yet again, flipping through the channels. Was he glued to that damn remote? Sighing, she put the remaining money on the dresser, and threw James yet another bag. However, this bag held her dirty clothes. He stopped his irritating flipping and looked at the bag blankly. She rolled her eyes and pointed at the door. "There's a washing machine under the lobby and when I passed by it, it was crowded, so I suggest that you had better hurry."

James pouted as he caught on to what she was saying, "But why do I have to do the laundry? It's half yours too."

"Because I said so! Besides...the soap might ruin my clothes."

James snorted softly as he stood up. He bent over and picked up his own clothes and stuffed them in the bag as well. Grumbling, we walked past Jessie and opened the door. However, before he closed the door behind him, he turned and said, "Hey, Jess." She turned around from what she was doing and stared at him. Had his face not been in the shadows, she would have seen a light blush over has face, "Thanks. For the clothes, I mean."

She stared at him momentarily, but a smile answered him. "No problem, James." He nodded slightly, and then closed the door behind him.

She stared at the door for a few seconds after he had left, wondering why he was thanking her for such a small thing. 'Really,' she thought, 'they're only clothes.' She shrugged it off, and jumped on the bed and snatched up the remote. "Ahhhh...yes! Flipper-free TV!" She settled with an old black and white romance movie that had just started.

An hour and a half later, James stumbled back inside the room. Jeez, had he had a great time! Not only had he had two sets of clean clothes, he had found an abundance of money! From coins to bills, he had found them all! He didn't dare count it out in public, for there had been too many people. And, oh, the people! If he didn't know better, he would have said that all of the guests of the hotel were there! Grinning, he opened the door. "Hey, Jess, guess what! I..." He stopped in his tracks as he saw Jessie, handkerchief in hand, sobbing. Blinking, he asked, "Jess...what's wrong?"

She looked up at him sorrowfully, "Oh, James! It's so...happy! Franc went out to war, and Angela received this letter that he had been killed. Depressed she couldn't bear the thought of leaving her house. After so many trials of depression and heartache, who should appear three years later than Franc! Oh...isn't it so romantic?"

James blinked at her. Since when had Jess been into romantic movies, and cried at them in the least? Not to mention that he had actually bought something for him, and without him asking! Something was defiantly wrong with her...maybe she was sick? Yeah...that had to be it.

He put down the clothes and answered her, "Yeah...of course it is, Jessie. But um..." he took the remote from her and turned off the television that now showed the two lovers kissing and continued, "Don't you think that we...uh..." he thought for a minute as she looked at him curiously before a sudden remembrance came to mind. "That we should start looking for Meowth? I mean...the day's almost gone, and we haven't even started..."

Her eyes widened in shock at the realization of what he was saying. "Meowth!" She jumped off of the bed, tears completely gone, "I can't believe we forgot about him!" She went to the window and opened it as far as it would go, which was only about an inch or so. An immediate chill flooded through the crack. She snapped it closed. "It's cold," she announced, shivering. She recalled that she had also bought a jacket to go with her ensemble, and went back into the bathroom and put it on, buttoning it tight around her and as high as the buttons went. She was out the door before James even got up off the bed. "Coming?" she called back into the room.

James sighed and followed her. Something was definitely wrong with her. Since when was she so...excited? He closed the door behind him and chased after her, not wanting to pull a Meowth and become lost.

They searched throughout the town until dark descended. Jessie pulled her jacket tighter against her, even though it was hopeless. It was as tight as she could get it, and she was still cold. James, on the other hand, seemed perfectly warm. She looked over him, as if just now realizing that he was wearing the clothes she had picked for him. He was wearing black pants that seemed to envelop his legs. The sweater that he wore seemed to be like a second for him. It was a dark black that matched his pants with dark navy blue and dark green stripes that criss-crossed in different places. On just about any other person, it would have looked horrible, but James made it look really good, as if it was natural. She stopped walking with a start. Wide eyes watched his back as he continued to walk ahead, oblivious to her astonishment. What had she been thinking? Enveloping his legs, a second skin... A slight blush rose over her cheeks, her mouth opened slightly as if to say something to the air, but closed it again. She shook her head, but the blush stayed. She held her jacket even tighter, as if that would take it away, and she continued her way behind him. Her thoughts began to wander, of what she had thought. It was ridiculous! She had just made a point, and now she was getting thoughts about him. She laughed hesitantly. Just ridiculous. A yawn cleared her thoughts for a moment and a notion popped into her head. Of course! She laughed again. She was tired, and was...hallucinating. She smiled triumphantly. She had positively not thought that she was in love with James. She choked and her eyes bulged out. Where had that come from? Where had she gotten the idea that she loved him? Once again she blamed it on her tiredness, but she suddenly didn't feel tired. She felt...something. She didn't know what, for she had never felt it before, but it was there. She tried to push the feeling down, but as try as she might, it only seemed to grow stronger. Suddenly, she felt like crying and shouting. Tears filled her eyes, and she desperately pushed them down. What was wrong with her? She had been fine yesterday, but now she seemed different.

She blinked away the tears as she once again to slowly walk. She sighed as she ignored her pondering. Nevertheless, that annoying voice kept popping up. Was she in love with him? Did she really think of him more than a friend?

James stopped and waited for her to catch up. Concern covered his face, for he was terribly worried about her. Not only was she not stalking or raving about something, she was walking slow and a quick change in attitude. One minute she was happy and joking, the next laughing as if she had the evilest plot in mind to capture Pikachu, and yet the next minute she had whimpered as if she were some lost child in desperate need of protection. He watched the play of emotions play upon her face as she walked in the dimly lighted walkway. She walked right past him, as if she didn't even see him standing there. He frowned in concentration. He didn't know what to do. Maybe she really was sick? What if it was some serious unknown disease that didn't have a cure? Worry lines formed over his face. He shook his head. That was stupid. Like Jessie could catch some virus? He laughed reassuringly at the thought. She was tired of looking for the lost Meowth, and she was in need of sleep. She would be better in the morning. If that was supposed to comfort him, then how come he doubted himself?


Please review and tell me what you think!!! ^_^ Thank you!!