Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Shadow Army ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 7

Ash walked into the command room of Indigo Intelligence. Strangely all the lights were turned off and no one was there. Hm that's strangeAsh thought this is where Lance asked me to meet her. Ash turned around and was about to walk out but just then he heard " Ash wait." And he saw a girl step out of the shadows. She had red hair blue eyes. Ash thought he recognized her. " Misty is that you?" Ash questioned, " Yeah it's me Ash." Said Misty " It's been a while" " You're the partner I'm going to be working with!" Ash said incredulously. " Yes I am." She replied, " You have a problem with that?" " Huh no!" " That's not what I meant!" Ash said " Its just that I'm kinda surprised." "I never knew you joined the Indigo Intelligence." " I joined a couple days ago." She replied " Oh" said Ash " We should go meet Lance he's going to brief us on our next mission." " Ok" replied Misty. " I think he might be in the control room." Said Ash " Uh ok." Said Misty " Only thing is I don't exactly know where the control room is." " Two doors from here." Said Ash " Oh I knew that." Said Misty " Yeah sure." Ash muttered, "I heard that!" Misty said dangerously. " Yeah whatever lets just go." Said Ash They walked out of the command room and went to the control room. When they reached it they saw Lance and a bunch of other people looking at a satellite image of Viridian City on the big screen. " I see you and Misty have gotten reacquainted." Lance said, " Now lets get to work." " We will need to get you into Viridian City somehow." " It is virtually impossible to sneak in because of checkpoints and barriers surrounding the city." The satellite image highlighted all the checkpoints and barriers. " A decoy attack is out of the question as long as they have those nukes operational." " They have state of the art radar anti-aircraft guns and surface to air missiles." The satellite image highlighted the radar installments and anti-aircraft guns and surface to air missiles " So it will be difficult to airdrop you but not impossible." " We could send interference and jam their radar rendering their anti-aircraft guns and surface to air missiles blind for a short period of time." " Then we could airdrop you from a stealth bomber." " It is risky but it is our best chance." " Yeah I'll do it." Said Ash " So will I." Said Misty " Good." Said Lance " Once you're inside Viridian City watch out for the tanks and soldiers patrolling the streets." " When you destroy the launchers and disable the nukes contact us and we will attack Viridian City." "During the confusion you will have to slip out." " Ok" said Ash " When do we leave?" " Tonight" replied Lance. *************************************************************************** **** Ash sat in the Stealth Bomber heading toward Viridian City. " Were almost there sir." The pilot said to Ash. Ash nodded. Misty looked pale and was clutching her seat hard. " What's the matter?" Ash asked Misty looked at him as if he were crazy and said " This is my first mission I'm going to jump off a plane and there is a ninety percent chance of dying on this mission!" she yelled " Don't worry about it I felt the same way on my first mission." Said Ash " Alright" the pilot said, " Were over Viridian City and no one is shooting at us." " Things seem to be going according to plan." " Open the hatch." Ash said. The pilot nodded and pressed a button. At the back of the stealth bomber a hatch opened. Ash and Misty walked toward it and got ready to jump. " I can't believe I'm doing this." Misty groaned, " Just jump." Ash said Misty jumped out and he saw her falling and then opening her parachute. Ash jumped and wind rushed in his face as he hurtled toward the ground. Ash pulled a strap his parachute opened and he was jerked up and then floated down toward Viridian City the stronghold of Team Rocket. *************************************************************************** **** A.N. Not too much action in this chapter but don't worry I'm leading up to it.