Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Shadow Army ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6

The fighter rocketed over Indigo City and landed in a runway by the Indigo Intelligence HQ. Ash and Raichu jumped out of the fighter and walked toward the HQ. He walked up to a door guarded by armed guards. They moved back to let him pass. The door swung open and Ash walked inside. Everyone he walked past in the hallways seemed to be in a deep state of panic. People were rushing everywhere looking confused. Ash walked calmly past them and went up the elevator to the top floor where Lance was. The door to Lance's chamber was open and people were rushing in and out. Ash walked in to see Lance surrounded by people looking weary. He noticed Ash and exclaimed " Ash you're still alive!" " What you thought I would hit the dirt that easily?" asked Ash " Well uh that's not important right now." Replied Lance " As you already know Cinnabar Island was attacked all the naval bases were destroyed and Cinnabar Island was left in ruins. The settlements and naval bases on Seafoam Island and Whirl Islands have also been destroyed. A quarter of our naval forces have been immobilized. We fear the next targets may be Cinawood City, Olivine City, New Bark City, and Pallet City. They are all coastal cities and towns." " Wait" Ash interrupted "Did you say Pallet City?" " Yes" replied Lance " But don't worry we have evacuated all the coastal cities and towns declared a state of emergency not to mention all our forces are fully deployed around the Continent ready to take action at any moment. " Yeah ok" said Ash just then an aide rushed into the room and yelled " Sir quick come to the control room!" Ash and Lance both rushed to the control room in the big screen of the control room it showed people running away and explosions and smoke. " This is a scene live from Viridian City" said the aide " Apparently there are reports of Team Rocket attacks there." " What happened to the battalion stationed there?" questioned Lance " We have lost contact with them sir." Replied the aide. Suddenly the entire screen blacked out and reappeared to show Giovanni. " People of Indigo" he said, " I have taken control of Viridian City and will soon control the entire Continent. All of you will bow down to my power. Any who oppose me will be crushed. All those that wish to join me do so now. In case any of you still have doubts of my powers observe." The screen changed to an aerial view of Lavender Town. " Sir five objects have been launched from Viridian City they appear to be missiles!" yelled Lance " Yes sir! He yelled radar operator yelled " Fire the Patriot missiles to block them back " Launching missiles now." He pressed a button and Ash saw on the radar screen five missiles launched from Lavender Town. " Collision between them in thirty seconds!" said the radar operator. " What are the chances of blocking them?" asked Lance " We may most of them but there still is a chance that some might get through." Answered the radar operator " Then why didn't you launch more?" screamed Lance " Because if I launched more than five at the same target they'll all collide and blow up before they even reach it!" replied the radar operator struggling to remain calm. " Collision with missiles in five, four, three, two, one, now!" he yelled Ash watched the radar and saw that three Patriot missiles make impact destroying the other three but the other two survived. " No!" screamed Lance " Fire more Patriot missiles!" " I can't get them ready in time sir!" yelled the radar operator. Ash looked back at the screen to see the two missiles make impact. A blinding flash of lit the entire screen making everyone cover his or her eyes. When the light stopped Ash uncovered his eyes to see two mushroom clouds of smoke envelope Lavender City. He could also see shockwaves coursing through the city flattening everything in its path. Everyone stared in stunned silence. Ash was the first to break the silence. " Those were nuclear missiles." He said in disbelief. Giovanni's face reappeared on the screen " I hope that you now know my full extent of my power." The screen blinked off. " Find out where he got those nuclear missiles" Lance said quietly to a person sitting by the computer. He turned to Ash and said " We know he has those nuclear missiles and launchers in Viridian City." " I want you to infiltrate Viridian City destroy the launchers and disable the nukes." " I can destroy the launchers but I have no idea how to disable nukes." Replied Ash. " I know that's why you'll be working with a partner." Said Lance " You'll meet her tomorrow and leave for Viridian tomorrow." " Her?" said Ash stretching the word " Yes" replied Lance " Unfortunately" " Right now you should get some rest." I don't want you sleeping on the job." Said Lance Ash smirked and walked out of the room. I feel like I'm going to regret this decision Lance thought. *************************************************************************** ****************************A.N I know this was a lame ending but I couldn't think of anything else. If you were wondering why I called places like Pallet Town Pallet City its because it's a couple years into the future and all the towns have become cities and all the cities have well uh gotten bigger.