Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Shadow Army ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5

Ash stared at the charred ruins in disbelief. " How could this happen?" he said out loud to himself. " It looks like we underestimated the power of Team Rocket." He said. Ash walked toward the ruins and began searching in the rubble for something. After a while of searching he picked a black walkie-talkie and tried it. Fortunately it still worked. He tried contacting the other naval bases but none of them responded. " I guess we can assume they've all been destroyed." Ash said to Raichu. " Well let's try to contact Seafom Islands." Ash tried to contact them but they didn't respond either. Is it possible they've been destroyed also? Ash thought, " Raichu this is bad all the naval bases on Cinnabar Island have been destroyed and Seafoam Islands may also have been attacked and destroyed." " Were too far away to contact Indigo City so we could try to go up north of Cinnabar Island and try to get a boat there to the mainland." Ash said and jumped into the jeep again started it and drove north. As he drove sights of death and destruction surrounded him. The bombed out buildings the corpses that littered streets. It was as if nobody survived the Team Rocket attack. Ash drove for a while until he saw something up ahead. Ash got out of his jeep took his guns, grenades, and rocket launcher and went to get a closer look and saw it was people in uniforms with a red R's painted on them. " Team Rocket." Ash whispered silently to himself. It looks like they're a recon group thought Ash. If I follow them they could lead me to a ride a can use to get off this hell he thought. He motioned for Raichu to follow him and went after them. After a while of walking he followed them to a metal gate. He crouched down behind a bush and watched them. One of the soldiers swiped a keycard in a slot and the metal gate opened to reveal an airfield. "They built an airfield here!" Ash exclaimed out loud. The recon soldiers turned around and one of them yelled " Hey there's someone over there get him!" Ash jumped to his feet and fired his ZMG at them. The bullets ripped through them killing all of them instantly. Ash rushed through the gates and heard an alarm. " Oh shit the raised the alarm!" he yelled shooting a solider that was raising his gun to fire at him. He noticed a fighter in the runway and ran toward it while holding off the Team Rocket soldiers. He reached the fighter and climbed into its cockpit. He closed the hatch and prepared to take off. Ash fired up the engines and the fighter started moving. The soldiers tried shooting at him but the bullets bounced harmlessly off the fighters armor. The fighter took off rising into the air. Ash checked the weaponry the fighter had and saw it had laser-guided bombs, air-air seeker missiles, and machine guns. He aimed the targeting device on the screen at the airfield and pressed the trigger for the bombs. A hatch opened and bombs poured out of it and fell toward the airfield. When the bombs hit explosions engulfed the entire thing. But a few Team Rocket fighters managed to take off before the bombs hit. They sped toward him firing their machine guns. Ash dodged the bullets and targeted one of the targets and fired a seeker missile. The fighter tried to evade it but the missile spun around and slammed into the fighter. The fighter went down flaming. The other fighters banked hard in opposite directions. Ash followed one and fired his machine guns. The bullets ripped holes in the fighter's armors hitting the gas tank blowing the fighter up. The last fighter came behind him and fired a seeker missile at him. Ash banked hard to the right and the missile missed him narrowly. The missile spun back around and headed toward Ash. Ash dove his fighter down toward the ground with the missile on his tail and pulled up sharply the missile tried to pull up also but not fast enough. It slammed into the ground blowing up. Ash turned his attention back to the fighter and locked on it and fired a seeker missile. The missile hit the fighter dead center destroying it. Ash spun his fighter around and headed toward Indigo City.