Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Six Elements of Eevee ❯ Shadwyn's Weakness ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Six Elements of Eevee
Shadwyn's Weakness

Enderyn paced about restlessly as the Flareon gulped. He stopped, spikes pointed at her dangerously. 'So...while we wait...whatchyernamebay?'

Flareon: Um...Myercha.

He frowned. 'What's with the 'y's'? You have a 'y', I have a 'y', Shadwyn has a 'y'.'

"Myercha": I don't know.

Enderyn: Really now? *I'm starting to sound like Charni oh-my-Lugia-what's-wrong-with-me why do I have manners?*

A strange rustle in the leaves caught her attention, and she gazed into the cavern. 'Do not follow me.' She turned to the gaping hole when Enderyn knocked her down flat.

Enderyn: My buddy's in there.

'Do not follow me,' she repeated. *Now I sound like Shadwyn. Uh-oh.* The wind blew harder and she dashed into the cavern, Enderyn hot on her heels. She took a risk to swipe at him when he tripped over a loose stone. She would have surely been killed if not Enderyn regained footing.

Enderyn: Myercha, darling, lead the way OR YOU'RE MY DINNER.

"Myercha": ...okay but you don't have to yell at me... *I want to roast you on a bun with Lanturns served on the side. Wait- did he just say 'darling'?*

Enderyn was sick of banging his head on overhangs. -FLASH- A brilliant flash of light illuminated the cavern, and he realised the Flareon was about to lead him to an open pit. 'Why you... give me one good reason why I shouldn't knock you in there!' She leaped over it, and -FLAMETHROWER- a gigantic flame burst from her mouth and scalded him, giving her enough time to skip away. Enderyn found himself quite alone, faced with six tunnels.

Enderyn: I'm lost. WWWWAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Meanwhile...

Charni blinked in the darkness. No red-stained eyes. He stretched, and walked a few paces when something zapped him, causing tremendous pain and discomfort.The ruby eyes materialised. 'Espeon you never fail to amuse me, don't you?'

Charni: Where and what am I in?

Shadwyn: In a cage powered by my energy. Psychic power is useless so don't even try it.

Charni: You can't keep me in here!

Shadwyn: Oh, why is that?

Charni: Enderyn'll come and fry you like he did last time!

Shadwyn: That's what Aika is for.

Charni: Aika? The Flareon?

Shadwyn: Precisely.

Charni: She doesn't stand a chance! She's afraid of him!

Shadwyn: Lightning and Fire are equal. Aika is more clever than you think, even to trick a Psychic like you! The Espeon with a dark ability!

Charni was hurt by the remark. 'Aika was a Magikarp out there. How can you be so sure?'

Shadwyn leaned closer and whispered, 'Because she is my kit.'

Aika: You summoned me, Shadwyn?

The area had grown bright enough with her presence for Charni to see the pair.

Shadwyn: Where is the Jolteon?

Aika: Lost in the tunnels.

Shadwyn: What is with the light?

Aika: He used the Flash ability.

Shadwyn: I cannot heal with the light.

Aika: I apologise. I'll rid you of him.

Charni: Flareon did you know the Umbreon's your mother?

Aika was perplexed and Shadwyn shot Charni an evil glare. 'Shadwyn is not my mother, Espeon. I was orphaned.'

Shadwyn: Dismissed, Aika.

Aika left gratefully. 'What were you trying to prove?' demanded Shadwyn. 'Never admit anything to a meddlesome Espeon, that's what.' She smacked him hard. 'For that I am going to eat you alive.'

Charni: Did you know you'd be weak against Machamp? And I'd be strong?

The cage extended and Charni swallowed hard. Shadwyn melted through the bars effortlessly with the sleek grace of a predator. Charni shrank back. *Charni, you've done it, you're finally gonna get killed for your stupidity.* She observed him momentarily, and launched her attack, teeth and claws beared.

And Charni did the most insane, most psychotic, most Enderyn's-way-of-handling-this-sort-of-situation thing he could do in such a panic: he embraced her. Shadwyn stopped dead in midattack. 'Espeon!' she shrieked, and dashed away madly, insanely enough to impact with a large overhang. It knocked her out cold, and the cage weakened slightly, but not enough for Charni to be freed. Once she regained consciouness, she cast a long look at Charni, and released him. 'Go. Go before I change my mind.'

Charni: Shadwyn, what hap-

She paused and screamed, 'Can't you just leave me alone?! Go away and don't you ever come back!'

Charni's voice was gentle and he almost regretted his Enderyn-like act. 'But why are-'

Shadwyn: I told you to LEAVE!

Charni bowed his head and padded out when he heard a rumbling sound. Shadwyn had caused a huge boulder to roll his way. -SWIFT- With a cry it was crushed, and Charni continued along the tunnels, just as lost as Enderyn.

A/N: Yay Charni lived! Now I gave Shadwyn those two weaknesses because one as recluse as her would be afraid of any sort of bonding whatsoever. Perhaps something happened in the past (like Aika)? Aika's coming for Enderyn! Maybe that'll teach him not to mess with females. Or he'll teach her not to mess with lunatic Jolteons. I don't know.