Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Soledad (Solitude) ❯ Soledad (Solitude) ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Soledad(Solitude)

By Kawaii_Cherry_Blossom

(I was BellaWaterFlower when I wrote this)

Hi all,

This is a real songfic, not a fic with a song in it as I usually write. It's sad, I guess. I needed a break from TPOL and I've had this story stuck in my head for ages so... I got the inspiration from the song, and I didn't copy the plot from anywhere. I know it's probably a common thing to write about but it's the only thing that works with the song so there. Lastly, the song is called 'Soledad' (pronounced so-le-da), which means solitude, hence the title. And it's by Westlife. Anyway, enjoy.

Rating: PG

Type: AAMRN

Genre: Drama/Romance

The song lyrics are in bold italics

If only you could see the tears

In the world you left behind

If only you could heal my heart

Just one more time

The sun was setting and a cool breeze was breaking out, as the new Pokémon Master, 20 year old Ash Ketchum put flowers on her grave. She had died just one week ago. It was all so familiar in his mind. The attack, the pain, the fear and finally, the sadness. The overcoming sadness which took over and never weakened. He kneeled down next to the gravestone and holding back tears, began to speak.

"Hi Misty. I'm sorry I left straight after your funeral. I just... couldn't take it anymore. Everyone is so sad over your death. Why'd you have to leave us all in this cruel world, Mist? I wish I could've done something. Something to save you. And even if I couldn't, I wish I could've kissed you and held you, just one last time..."

Even when I close my eyes

There's an image of your face

And once again I come to realise

You're a loss I can't replace

"You're everywhere, you know. Everywhere I go, everything I see, reminds me of you. From the ocean to the Psyduck I saw a boy battling with the other day. How am I meant to go on without you, Misty? I've known you since I was 10. I've been in a relationship with you since we were 16. So many years. I can't believe we were so close, so close to being married and this had to go and happen."

Soledad

It's a keeping for the lonely

Since the day that you were gone

Why did you leave me, Soledad

In my heart you were the only

And your memory lives on

Why did you leave me

Soledad

Ash got up, still trying to hold his tears back. He wasn't succeeding. After Misty had died, he'd just cried. Cried for everything that was wrong in his life, but mostly, for the fact that he would never see his one true love ever again. When her funeral came, he held back the tears, not wanting to cry in front of all the people in public. It would only make them feel sorry for him and that isn't what he wanted. After all, he was the Pokémon Master. He had to be strong.

'You were the only one I ever loved. Why did you have to die?' he thought as tears spilled out of his eyes and onto the grave. He got up, wiping his eyes, said a teary goodbye to Misty, and headed off.

Walking down the streets of Nothingville

Where a love was young and free

Can't believe just what an empty place

It has come to be

Ash walked down the streets of Cerulean. It was his home for now, as Misty was buried there. He remembered all the times they shared together as friends, and a young couple.. He heard thunder in the distance and rain started to fall.

'This place used to be so lively and attractive. Ever since Misty died it's become so morbid. Or maybe it's just me...' he thought.

I would give my life away

If it could only be the same

'Cause I can't still the voice inside of me

That is calling out your name

'I would do anything to change what happened. I wish I'd died instead of her. I imagined that we would be on our honeymoon by now. Everything is different now though. And it will never be the same.'

Soledad

It's a keeping for the lonely

Since the day that you were gone

Why did you leave me, Soledad

In my heart you were the only

And your memory lives on

Why did you leave me

Soledad

Ash walked on until he came to the park. He sat on the bench. The same bench he and Misty had confessed their love for each other. He remembered it so clearly.

*FLASHBACK*

"Misty, I, I needa tell you something. Something I've kept hidden for a long time now."

She looked into his eyes. The first impression she got was sincerety. He was telling the truth.

"What is it Ash?" she asked in a tone that was disguised as happiness, but it's hidden meaning was fear.

"I love you."

Tears ran slowly down Misty's face. She blinked them out. There was not a minute to spare now. She put her arms around him and hugged him tightly. Tears ran down her face as she managed to choke out: "I love you too."

Ash smiled, and pulled back. He took her face in his his hands and put his lips to hers. With all the emotion they had bottled up inside them, they kissed.

*END FLASHBACK*

Time won't ever change the things you told me

And after all we're meant to be

Love will bring us back to you and me

If only you could see

'But at least I can look back and remember all the good times we had together. I will never forget her, but life needs to go on. I have to take my place as Pokémon Master now. And I will see her again. At the end of my life, I'll be taken to her, and we'll be together, forever.'

Soledad

It's a keeping for the lonely

Since the day that you were gone

Why did you leave me, Soledad

In my heart you were the only

And your memory lives on

Why did you leave me

Soledad

Ash walked back to Misty's home, where he was staying for the time being, smiling. All his Pokémon were so happy to see him smiling again. Even Misty's Pokémon were happy. He walked up to the room he was staying in and got out his picture of Misty. He kissed it and said: "Goodbye Mist. I'll love you forever, and never forget you."

THE END

There, done. I hope you liked it. ::Wipes a tear away:: Oh yes, and you have to get the song! It's so beautiful...

Ciao! Luv Sarah