Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Spread Your Wings ❯ The Journey Begins ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
"Mimey, guess what?!"an overly excited Delia Ketchum shouted holding up a letter,"Ash is coming home!!!"

"Mime mime!!"

"I know, isn't it so exciting!!!"

*Ding dong*

"Come in!!"

Professor Oak walked in.

"Hi Professor."she said excitedly.

"I see you heard Ash is coming back, Gary is coming home aswell. Neither of them have finished the Johto leauge yet, but they're coming home to visit and get ready to face the elite four."Professor Oak said,"Both of them are very excited about this."

"I can see why, I can't wait to see Ash again."

"Mime!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*Beep beep*

Kaily Katchum looked up from her sketch. She pressed a button n what looked like a hearing aid inher left ear and a small speaker extened out to her mouth.

"Hello............yes, I understand.........."a tear slid down her cheekas she sadly looked at the two pokemon next to her,"Yes, I'll be there as soon as I can.............Thank you."

"Grrow?"

She looked at the odd blue and purple growlithe next to her,"It's over, we're on our own."

"Pisha!!"

"We've gotta get back to the house, father left something for me that the laywer wanted me to see immediately."she said standing,"He says I won't be able to keep the house, it will stay in our family name till I can find my mother or another realtive to take care of it."

They made their way to the huge house. I was spring again, but the trio was anything but happy. Kaily's father had been sick all winter, and had finally died two hours ago. Kaily's black hair was now hanging limply behind her, the three white stripes in her hair were pulled back into a braid that reached down to her ankles. Her long white bangs framed her face in sorrow.
When they arrived at the house the doctors were just leaving. A laywer stood infront of the door holding a black jewlery box. Without a word he handed the box to Kaily. Inside were three things, a note, a pitch black armband with a symbol she recognized as the eye of Osiris enraved in amethist on it, and a dagger. When she took it out of the sheath the ice blue blade shined in the dying light of the day. The handle was black, with amethist gems on it. The sheath was made of ordinary leather and had a loopof leather where a string or chain could be threaded through it. She picked up the note and read it.

'My wonderful daughter, I am sorry I did not get to give these to you in person. The armband was a gift from your great grandmother, she found it in one of our ancestors tombs and had it restored whe you were born. The dagger is a gift from me, you will need to protect yourself as much as possible on the journey head of you. You must find your mother, and your twin brother. Delia Almothya was your mother's name, I don't know your brother's though, neither of you were named when I took you, stupid huh? I'm not even sure why I took you anymore, something just told me to, and sometimes I'm glad I did. Tallen and Storm are the strangest pokemon I've ever seen, but you love them and so do I. All I can tell you about your brother is that he will have a dagger like yours, except the handle is pure black, and the blade is yellow. Please find them, they are the only family you have. I wish I could see yur mother again,she was beautiful. The last I remember she lived in Pallet Town, go there and you may find them.'

"Grrow growlithe grow grow?"

"Well, it's not much of a lead, but I think it's possible."Kaily sighed,"It's time to find my mother."

"Kaily, the helicoptor is here to take you to the orphanage."the laywer suddenly said.

"Did you just say orphanage?"Kaily snapped.

"Yes, you can't live on your own."

"I'm not goin to any damn orphanage. And call me Kaily again and DIE!! My father was the only one who could call me that!"she pulled a moon stone out of her pocket,"Tallen, it's time to go."

"Grrow!"

She put the stone near the pokemon and suddenly it evolved into an Arcanine, thought it was still blue and purple. She climbed on the huge pokemon's back.

"How,.......but.......wait!!! You can't do this!!"the lawyer shouted.

"I can and I will."Kaily snapped defiantly,"Let's get outta here."

"I totally agree."the huge arcanine growled agrily.

"It.........can.........talk......"the laywer fainted.

"Why is it you can talk when I change you to arcanine, but when I revert you back to a growlithe you can't?"Kaily asked as the trio took off.

"You expect me to know Kail."Tallen sighed.

Storm landed on Tallen's back right infront of Kaily.

"Well, I guess our journey's begun. Who knows what'll happen next."