Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ The Nova Project ❯ The Beginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 1
__________________________________
Wednesday, 2300 Hours…

Finally, after years and years of gene splicing, the Biohazard Corp., situated somewhere in the North Pacific Ocean has finally developed the first Nova Mewtwo, A psychic genetic creature. After the first Mewtwo was created, other scientists began to create creatures not of God, but of mankind. Nova Hellfyre was the first to be created, and so far, the only one to be created. Now, seven years after Nova's body was created, he would awake to see the world for the first time, through the glass of a test tube.

"Drain the tube, he is awake…" a scientist said as he watched with interest, arms crossed and displaying a wicked grin.

One of the scientists pushed a button on the panel beside the test tube. Slowly the liquid began to drain from the tube.

Nova fell onto the bottom of the test tube. The glass surrounding him slid down, disappearing into the floor. He slowly looked up, glancing to each scientist. His fur was mainly white, and he had purple tail fur. Two toes accompanied his feet, while three digits adorned his paws. His eyes were the color of red, blood red. The Nova Mewtwo didn't look much different then a normal Mewtwo, except for one thing. He had a blade on the top of his head.

"Where… am I? What… am I?" He asked.

"You're our new work of art, my friend." A tall scientist said as he stepped forward, a hand being offered to Nova.

Nova looked at the hand, then looked away, deciding not to take it. "Mother…?" Nova glanced around the room. "I want my mother…"

The scientist frowned, crossing his arms again. He said, "You have no family besides us." He continued, "Your given name was Nova, In time you will be the most powerful creature in the world."

"N-Nova…" He said, looking at his own paws. "I wish to see more…" He said as he stepped out of the test tube, a bit wobbly as he stood on his feet.

"I'm afraid you can't do that, Nova." The scientist said, taking out a small device from his pocket. It looked like a small gun. He aimed at Nova's arm, and pulled the trigger, sending a dart filled with sleeping liquid into his arm.

Nova winced, looking to the dart. He yanked it out of his arm, studying it over. "Wha.. What did you do?" He fell to his knees, unable to keep his eyes open. He soon fell over onto the floor, asleep.

Two scientists put Nova back into test tube, then stepped away, not closing the glass.

"Alright, lets proceed.." A scientist said, walking over to a computer.

"No, lets not." A man stepped into the room, hands stuffed away in his fancy coat pockets.

The scientist looked to the man, eyes widening a bit. "Mr…Mr Mashemi. ..I-I didn't know you were here.."

"You weren't supposed to." He said as he stepped over to the test tube, glancing down at the sleeping Nova. "I am planning to take Nova home with me, to teach him how to fight."

"But Sir… it wouldn't be smart!"

"I don't think you heard me very well, did you?" Mr. Mashemi glared at the scientist from the corner of his eye.

"Sir, I did. We will get him ready, Mr. Mashemi. I am sorry for causing you any trouble." The scientist gulped, backing up a bit.

"Good." Mr. Mashemi grinned, then glanced back down to Nova, placing a large hand on his shoulder. "You will be quite some help, my creature."


Thursday, 0200 Hours…

The helicopter's blades sliced through the air as it flew towards Japan. Mr. Mashemi was sitting in the back, along with Nova, who was laying on a cot.

Nova slowly opened his eyes, red orbs glancing around. "Where am I?" He asked, blinking a few times as he sat up.

"You're in a helicopter, heading towards your new home." Mr. Mashemi said, smirking lightly as he leaned back, crossing his arms.

"Home…?" Nova asked, narrowing his eyes.

"Yes. I own a big mansion near Tokyo, Japan." He replied, sitting up.

Nova gave a curious look, then shrugged. He peered out the small window boredly, watching the land finally come into view.


After a while, the helicopter arrived at its destination, and lowered down onto the helipad.

About ten guards were waiting there, armed with M-16A2s.

Nova looked at the mansion as he stepped out of the helicopter with Mr. Mashemi. "This is…home?"

"Yes, this is your new home." He said as he grinned softly.

Nova and Mr. Mashemi stepped into the mansion. Nova's eyes widened with excitement as he saw the inside. There was a statue of the first Mewtwo near the enterence.

"This is..g-great!" He laughed as he ran from room to room, glancing about.

"Yes Nova, and it'll get even greater.." Mr. Mashemi chuckled softly, leaning against a wall as watched Nova run about.


Weeks, after weeks, months, after months, Mr. Mashemi trained Nova to be a fighter. Nova was successful, he defeated all the trainers that had challenged him and Mr. Mashemi. But one day, he faced something he thought he would never have to face…

Another Mewtwo…

Nova stepped into the arena calmly, looking to his opponent. Then his calm face turned into a worried look. "Another…Mewtwo? But, he doesn't have a blade cross his head like I do." He said.

"That's because you're the only one of your kind, your better then all the other Mewtwos. Don't worry, Nova. This will be easy." Mr. Mashemi said from the arena side.

The Mewtwo and its trainer stood at the other side of the arena, the trainer looked no older then 18 or 19.

"Mewtwo, this will be simple." The trainer said to its Pokemon.

The Mewtwo looked at his trainer from the corner of his eye, and nodded, then looked back to his opponent.

The intercom crackled as a woman spoke into it, "Let the battle begin!"

"Nova! Use psybeam!" Mr. Mashemi ordered as soon as he heard the announcement.

Nova nodded, and cupped his paws. A flicker of psychic energy was seen between his paws. Soon, a beam of psychic energy slammed into the other Mewtwo.

The Mewtwo winced, stumbling back a bit, but, he didn't seem to much effected.

"Ok Mewtwo! Return the attack with a psychic ball!" The Mewtwo's trainer commanded.

The Mewtwo nodded, and stretched out his paw in front of him, allowing a psychic ball of energy to form. Once it was developed, he sent it flying right into Nova's stomach.

Nova's eyes shot closed as he felt the sudden pain in his stomach. He flew backwards, slamming into the wall behind him. He coughed, falling face first onto the ground. He attempted to get back up, but he only ended back up on the ground.

"And Nova has been defeated! The challenger has won!" The intercom crackled as the woman announced again.

The trainer ran to his Mewtwo and gave him a quick hug. "You did it! I knew you could!" He laughed happily, the Mewtwo smiling as he was praised.

Mr. Mashemi glared down at Nova, arms crossed. "You pathetic creature. This is what I get for giving you a nice home, enough food, and training? Hmph." He growled.

"I…I'm sorry, Mr. Mashemi… he was much to powerful, I c-couldn't take him.." Nova said weakly.

Mr. Mashemi narrowed his eyes, picking Nova up by the skin cord on the back of his head and back. "I have plans for you, Nova.." He dragged him down a flight of stairs, into the basement.


After being whipped cruelly, Nova was placed in a small cage in the basement. There was barely any room to move around. Tears strolled down his cheeks as he curled up in the cage in the dark. His back had dried blood on it from the whip. Finally, he was able to get himself to fall asleep.


The next morning, Nova slowly opened his eyes to see a few guards surrounding the cage he was locked in. One of them unlocked the cage, and dragged Nova out onto the floor.

"Uff!" Nova winced as he fell onto the floor. He slowly stood, a bit wobbly. He didn't say anything, instead he began to walk towards the stairway that led up.

"Where do you think you're going?" The guard who dragged him out said, slamming his baton into Nova's stomach.

Nova winced, falling backwards, holding his stomach as he gasped for air.

The guards all laughed, and two of them forced him to his feet.

Nova began to realize that they didn't really care about him. They just wanted him to fight. "No," He thought. "I will not be overrun by these creatures!" Nova snarled, his eyes beginning to glow.

"Oh, what'cha gonna do? Slap me?" The guard said, still laughing.

"What did I ever do!" Nova screamed, using psychic to throw the guard into the cement wall.

"Ugh!" The guard slammed into the wall, and fell onto the ground face first.

The guards quickly drew their batons, stepping towards Nova.

"Why can't you humans leave me alone..?" Nova said, holding his head with his paws.

One of the guards swung at Nova angrily, "You'll pay for that!"

His eyes flashed, and the guard was swept off his feet, hitting the hard ground.

"Uhh..lets get outta here!" One of them said, and they all retreated up the stairway.

Nova slowly walked up the stairs, stepping back into the arena.

"We have a break out! Security lockdown is now taking effect!" The intercom crackled, and thick metal blast doors began to close down over all the exits.

"Nova didn't seem to mind, he stepped to one of the metal doors. "Why do you try to contain me?" He said, ripping the door away with psychic. He stepped into a long hallway, and headed down it, ripping another blast door away. He stepped through another door, into a lab, filled with test tubes of Mewtwos, and other genetic creatures.

Another group of guards came into the lab, armed with assault rifles.

He looked at the guards, then looked to a weird machine beside him. It looked like a portal of some sort. "What…is that?" He said as he looked to a panel beside it. It showed a picture of a woods.

The guards took aim at Nova, preparing to fight. "Freeze!" one of them said.

"I don't have any time to think." He said, and jumped through the portal. Nova found himself in the woods he saw on the screen. He brushed himself off, looking around the woods. "Where am I now…?" He quietly asked himself.

"Well well well, looks like we found our first target for the day, 'ey boys?" About six human figures came out from behind the trees, punks. They were holding weapons like chains and bats.

Nova looked at them, stepping backwards. "What?"
"I didn't say you could speak, freak!" The punk swung a bat at Nova, but purposely missed him.

"Ah!" Nova jumped back as the bat was swung at him.

"Yeah, that's what I thought." One of them said, and they all began cackling, walking towards him.

"Why are you doing this...? I...I never did anything…" Nova backed up against a tree, looking up at them.

"I think the freak didn't understand me." The same punk spoke again, chuckling. "Well, I said, shut up!" He hit Nova in the side of the face, causing him to stumble onto his side, yelping in pain.


"Hey, Chris! Look!" A short Mewtwo stopped about fifteen feet away from the punks and Nova. Another Mewtwo stood beside him, he was taller.

"Ugh.. they're beating up some Mewtwo." Chris peered at the punks, growling a bit as he watched a punk slam a metal chain into Nova's back.

"Well, lets go help the Mewtwo!" The short Mewtwo said.

"Alright, Leon. Lets help him." Both Mewtwos ran to the scene, standing in fighting positions. They both looked pretty young.

Another punk slammed a bat into Nova's gut, then glanced to the Mewtwos. "Hey guys, look! More Mewtwos to beat up!" They all turned to look at Chris and Leon.

Nova held his stomach tightly, slowly and weakly forcing himself up. He watched as the punks began to move in on the Mewtwos. Here was his chance, he ran off as fast as he could, away from the punks. He could hear some screams of pain as he ran.

"Almost…there." Nova thought as he saw the end of the woods about thirty feet away. He ignored the great pain, he just focused on running. He heard a click behind him, and he stopped dead in his tracks, slowly turning around to see a punk standing right behind him, a .45 pointed at Nova's chest, point blank.

"Your not getting away, you deserve to die." The punk said, grinning.

Nova growled, narrowing his eyes, and he swung a fist at the punk.

But, the punk pulled the trigger once, before Nova could even make contact. Nova stumbled back against a tree, slowly touching the wound with a paw, looking at the blood. He slowly looked back up at the member.
The punk pulled the trigger a few more shots, sending the bullets into Nova's chest.

Nova slowly slumped down the tree, then fell over on his side, not breathing, nor moving.

The punk heard a few police sirens, so he quickly tossed the gun aside, and began running as fast as he could.