Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ The Nova Project ❯ Chapter 2

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 2
___________________

"Earlier today, several gang members were arrested for the beating of two Mewtwos, and the killing of another Mewtwo. The body of a seven year old Mewtwo was found, shot to death. The one who shot him is still at large. Our hearts go out to those brave Mewtwos…" A female reporter said on tv. "If you have any information about the gang, please contact the local police. Thank you… Back to you, Mike."

Chris turned off the tv, and sighed. "I can't believe he was killed…" This young Mewtwo, was only eigh, he was one of the ones beaten, along with Leon. They both earned scars across their faces from the gang.

Leon put a paw on Chris's shoulder, "Its not out fault, we tried to save him, but we only earned getting beat up also."

"Yeah, I suppose your right." Chris sighed, putting the remote control beside him. He rubbed his head, he still had a severe headache from a blow to his head.

Leon walked away from him, and leaned up against a wall. "Didn't you notice something strange about that Mewtwo?" Asked Leon, flicking his short tail behind him.

"Yeah, he had a blade across the top of his head." Chris said, looking over at Leon.

Leon shook his head, "But, what's with the blade? I've never seen that before…"

"I don't know, the humans are always developing new things…" Chris replied, looking back down to the floor.

They were in a part of the lab they were born in, the other scientists were having a meeting about something. Of course, Chris and Leon weren't told about what.

A scientist stepped into the room, looking at Chris and Leon. "Hey, Jake wants to talk to both of you." He said as he chewed on a piece of gum.

They both nodded, Chris stood up, and Leon stepped away from the wall, and they followed the scientist into an office.

North Pacific Ocean, Biohazard Lab. 0100 Hours…

The chinook helicopter landed on the lab's helipad, and opened its back cargo door. About four guards, came out first, armed with guns. Then a group of scientists pushed a hover cart out of the chinook, which was carrying a body under a white sheet.

A young scientist walked over to them, looking at the cart. "Take the corpse to the bottom floor, and to the storage chamber."

The scientists nodded, and got into the elevator with the cart. It took them down to the bottom level in the lab, which was far below the sea's surface. Once they arrived, the pushed the cart down the hallway, and entered into a storage lab. There were test tubes lined up, with dead corpses, mainly of Mewtwos. They pushed the cart over to a empty test tube, where two other scientists waited.

"This will be great! We can keep the body here, and it will continue to grow! We can study how it grows, fix any mistakes, and make a whole new one!" A tall scientist said, pulling the sheet off of the cart, revealing the corpse of Nova.

A female scientist fixed her hair in a ponytail, then stepped beside the test tube, pushing a few buttons on the panel.

Two of the scientists picked up Nova's corpse, and placed it inside the test tube, making sure it didn't fall out.

"Y-You sure this is safe?" A younger scientist said, backing up a little at the sight of the corpse.

"He's dead you retard. He don't get no deader…" Was the reply from another scientist, as he smirked.

They connected some cords to the body, then they closed the test tube. Strange liquid began to fill up the test tube. "There, all set. This will be the great beginning of a new career!" Said one, sighing happily.

Most of the other scientists walked out of the room, while one of them stayed, looking up at Nova, grinning. "Rest in piece, Nova…" He chuckled, then stepped to the door, turning the lights off before exiting.

__________________

"Where am I?" the familiar voice said. It was Nova. He found himself in an office. Strangely, it felt, hot.

"You could say your in… another dimension, for now." A man said, walking out of the darkness.

Nova turned quickly, looking at the man. "W-Who are you? And… I thought I was-"

The man interrupted, "Dead? Yes, you could say that, but don't worry about that." He said, grinning.

"What's your name?" asked Nova, looking around the office.

"My name is Jyro, Hell's Angel."

"What! You mean I'm in-!"

"Mm hm, Hell…" Jyro chuckled softly.

"But! I never did anything bad!" He whimpered, backing up against the wall.

"I know, Nova. You didn't come here to burn, you came here so you could train, and get your revenge!" He laughed softly. "Trust me, you'll be back on Earth in a while."

Nova slumped down the wall, burying his face in his paws, still whimpering.

"Stop your whining, Nova. Don't you want to get your revenge on the ones that killed you? The ones that tortured you?"

Nova sighed, slowly looking up at Jyro.

"Soon, you will learn to use your anger as a weapon." He said, stepping over to Nova.

"Use my anger…?"

"Yes, it can be a very powerful weapon." He grinned. "You will become a Hell's Angel, and you can crush almost anyone in your path!"

Nova looked off to the side for a moment, then looked up at Jyro, eyes filled with tears, but none falling. "You… You will make me stronger?"

"Yes, you will be oh-so powerful, Nova. The only one who stands in your way, well, Him." He pointed a index finger up.

Nova grinned a little, then stood up slowly. "As long as I can get my revenge, please, help me."

"Then come…" Jyro placed a hand on his shoulder, smiling. "We have much work to do."


The trainer lasted for longer then Nova thought. Jyro taught him how to use his anger, his hatred. Nova eventually forgot all that was good, and his hatred took over. Jyro loved to see Nova's anger being used to fight. Nova eventually learned his most powerful move, the SuperNova.

14 years later…
___________________

"Nova, your time has came." Jyro said, looking to Nova, who was testing out his new sword, the Sword of Darkness, on a few targets.

Nova slowly looked at Jyro, grinning as he sheathed his sword at his side. "I have waited for this day…"

Jyro nodded, laughing coldly. "Then it is time Nova… it is the time for the humans to suffer for their doings."

___________________

The Biohazard Lab, 2030 Hours…

"Almost done with the check on all the test tubes. Oh, darn it! I almost forgot! Hey Jason!" A scientist said, as he finished checking a test tube in the storage lab.

"Huh?" Jason said, finishing up checking over a test tube.

"That test tube, AP30R3, I forgot to check it. Its got that Nova Mewtwo thing in it, could ya check it?" The scientist continued.

"Yeah, sure." Jason sighed, nodding. Then stepped to Nova's tube. He pushed a few buttons on the panel, and cocked an eyebrow. "What the heck? There's something wrong with the corpse, or the test tube."

"Well, since the body is self growing due to the chemicals given to it, maybe that has an effect." The other scientist shrugged.

"Maybe, but I think I just need to open it, and let some of the pressure out." Jason said, draining the tube, then opened it. "Ok… just a few adjustments here and there… and…"

The other scientist walked to the test tube, watching Jason fix the problem.

Jason strepped up into the test tube, beside Nova, and opened a panel on the roof of the test tube, and messed around with a few wires. "Here's the problem…" He disconnected a wire, then reconnected it. "There… all done." He looked to Nova's face, and shook his head. Smiling lightly. "Ya sure did cause some trouble today. eh?"

Nova's eyes shot open, and he glared at Jason from the corner of his eye.

"Holy crap!" Jason said rather quickly.

Nova grabbed him by the neck, holding him up off his feet as he squeezed.

Jason gasped for air, holding Nova's wrist as he struggled to free himself.

The other scientist slowly backed up, towards the door. "It…can't…be.."

Nova looked to the other scientist, and quit fooling with Jason. He tossed Jason across the room, right into another test tube, cracking it open. Liquid spilled all over the floor as it broke open. Nova stepped down out of the test tube, looking at the other scientist once more. His eyes flashed as the scientist was picked up with psychic, then thrown back into an empty test tube. Nova grinned as he closed the test tube with psychic, trapping the scientist. Suddenly, the sheathed Sword of Darkness appeared on the ground in front of him. He grinned, bending over and picking it up. "Why, thank you, Jyro."

"All systems, red alert!" A female voice said over the intercom, and flashing red lights filled the room. "We have a breakout in storage lab #20A! Take extreme caution!"

"Extreme caution, hm?" Nova smirked. "Well, here comes the fun." He twirled his sword around, watching the door as it opened, and two guards ran into the room, pointing their Mp5s at Nova.

"Guns? Fools, you cannot defeat a power so great with those toys." Nova said, turning towards them.

"Get back in your cage, freak. Before you get hurt." A guard said behind his helmet, chuckling.

"Freak? I'll show you!" Nova narrowed his eyes, and disappeared from sight.

"Huh? Where did we go?" The same guard asked, looking around.

Nova appeared behind the guard that called him a freak. "Freak?! I'll show you freak!" Nova yelled threw his arms around the guards neck.

The other guard looked at Nova, and took aim at him with his Mp5's, and opened fire.

Nova quickly spun around, using the guard as a shield. The bullets hit the guard, and Nova dropped the guard after he heard the guns run out of bullets.

Nova dropped the guard, stepping towards the other guard.

"Son of a.." The guard quickly tried to reload his Mp5.
Nova slammed the flat side of his sword into the side of the guards helmet, denting it. The guard flipped over onto his side, laying there.

Nova grinned, looking back to the door as about four more guards ran in, aimming at Nova.

"Freeze!" one of them yelled.

"Raht!" Nova thrusted his paw towards the guards, and they were all thrown back into the wall by a psychic force.

They all slumped to the ground while Nova chuckled.


Meanwhile…

Another chinook landed on the helipad, and a platoon of well trained soldiers ran out, and entered the lab by the elevator. They all didn't know what they were going against.

Nova could feel their presence, so he grinned, thinking to himself. "This could be fun…" He began to hack the security system with his psychic abilities. "There we go…" The soldiers entered the lab, running down the hallway towards the storage lab. It was strangely quiet, too quiet.

The leader of the team motioned for the rest to move in behind him. He held two fingers up, and pointed towards the door. He was about to enter, but he heard movement on the ceiling. Slowly they all looked up at the ceiling, watching two turrets lower.

"Team! Watch o-!" The leader yelled, but was cut off by the fire of the gattling guns.

Nova had teleported to the security room, and watched the soldiers get waisted on the security camera. He chuckled coldly as he glanced to a computer nearby. "Ah… perfect." He pushed a few buttons.

Suddenly, a females automated voice came on over the intercom. "The self destruct mode has been activated. One minute until detonation."

He grinned, and turned, seeing a machine that looked almost the same as the warp machine he had used to get to the woods. There was a picture of a forest on the panel.

"10 Seconds"

There was no time. Nova jumped into the warp, and appeared in the forest.

Back in the lab, one of the top guards looked to his bodyguard, and saluted. "Its been nice working with you, soldier."

The bodyguard saluted as well, "It's been nice working with you as well, Sir."

He sighed, looking out the window, into the oecan water. "They just wanted to create a new type of Mewtwo, and they did. Perhaps, too well."

"0 Seconds, have a nice day."

With that, the lab disappeared in the huge explosion, water and debree flying everywhere.


Nova landed on his butt in a patch of soft leafs, and stood slowly, brushing his fur off. "I will get my revenge on everyone.." He chuckled, glancing around. "This looks like a good enough place to stay for now." He relaxed, sitting back down on the leafs. He looked up at the night sky, and yawned. "I guess I should get some sleep.." he said quietly to himself. He laid back on leafs, yawning again as his eyes slipped closed. He fell asleep quite quickly, he had needed it.


Nova awoke in a basement, handcuffed to a pole. "What the heck!" he growled, eyes darting around the room.

"Welcome, my friend… my pet… my slave." Mr. Mashemi chuckled as he appeared out of the shadows, dragging a whip.

"Mashemi! You son of a!" He growled loudly, trying to free his paws.

He laughed, cracking the whip beside him. "Aren't you glad to see me, Nova?"

"I'll kill you!" His tail angrily swung behind him. A guard came out of no where, and stomped on his tail, pinning it to the floor.

Nova yelped in pain, clenching his fists.

"I trained you better! You lost that battle!" Mr. Mashemi growled, getting ready to whip Nova.

"I tried! He was too hard!" Nova whimped, shaking his head.

"That's not good enough!" He cracked the whip across his face.

"Ah!" Nova jolted up into a sitting position from his bed on the leafs, his body coated in thin sweat. He rubbed his head, it was all a dream, just a dream. "Ugh…" he said, blinking a few times as he glanced around. It was early morning. He stood up, stretching out his arms out over his head. "Huh?" he glanced up at a nearby cliff, spotting a figure. "Hm… I wonder what's up there?" He thought.

He found a path that lead up to the top of the cliff, and he headed up it. It seemed to take forever to get to the top, and it had made him a bit tired. He saw the figure, and quietly watched her curiously.

"Goodbye, world…" She stepped to the edge, preparing to jump off.

"Oh my god!" he thought. It was a female Mewtwo. He had never seen one before, just heard rumors about them. Something came over him, he wasn't sure once, but he spoke quickly. "Wait! Don't!"

"Huh?" The feminine Mewtwo turned around, looking at him with her teary eyes. "W-What?"

"Please don't jump… I'm sure you have a good reason not to. You probably have a family who cares for you."

"No… I don't." She sighed, turning and glancing back down over the cliff.

"Well, I'm sure there's someone who cares about you." He said, stepping a few steps closer to her. His tail flicking around behind him.

"No, I have no one." She shook her head.

"Well…please… don't' jump." He was only a few feet away now, so he extended his paw towards her. "Please, take my paw. I'll help you down."

A tear ran down her cheek as she turned to him, looking at his paw, then glancing over her shoulder, looking back at the cliff. She looked back to him, slowly extending her paw, and she slipped her paw into his.

He took it gently, and helped her down. A warm feeling flowed through his body as their paws touched. "Hey…um…" He was a bit nervous. "Maybe, we could go somewhere later…?"

She smiled to him, and stepped beside him, still holding his paw:: "Sure, I'd love to."

"Oh, um, by the way. I'm Nova..." He smiled back at her.

She continued to smile. "I'm Chrome, nice to meet you, Nova." She giggled softly.

"Nice to meet you as well, Chrome." He began walking away from the cliffs, not sure where they were heading.


Days went by, and before long, Nova and Chrome had became great friends. They even made a new friend. It was another male Mewtwo, who's name was Xevix. Nova and Chrome kept up with each other by meeting somewhere every day. It always seemed they would talk forever. Today, something was a little different.


Chrome seemed a little different today, maybe she wasn't feeling well. Nova was thinking, he knew something now, which was that he wanted to be with her always… he loved her.

"Something wrong?" Nova glanced at Chrome who was sitting beside him. They were both sitting in the sand on the beach.

"Oh… nothing. I'm just thinking." She replied, smiling just slightly.

"About what?"

"Just stuff, nothing really big." She sighed softly as she said this.

"Um, Chrome?" his voice was a bit hesitant, he decided he wanted to ask her a big question.

"Yes, Nova?" She looked at him.

"I was just wondering… well… if maybe you would be…" Nova was nervous again, but he forced it out. "My m-mate?"

Chrome was surprised at this question, she was speechless for a moment. "Y-Yes, Nova… I will."

This made Nova smile brightly, a few happy tears running down his cheeks. He embraced her in a tight, loving hug.

Chrome shed a few happy tears as well, returning a hug. She whispered softly into his ear, "I love you, Nova…"

Nova sniffled, and nodded, whispering back. "I…I love you to, Chrome.."


Days and weeks went by, and Nova forgot all his evil doings as he spent happy times with Chrome. And that, really angered Jyro.


Meanwhile… in Hell…

Jyro spin his sword around, slamming the flat of his sword into the nearest demon. He yelled out in anger. "Why!? He was so perfect! But now he's soft!"

One of the demons stepped forward, and spoke, slobbering as he did so. "Sir, why don't you go to Earth and get Nova back?" He grinned.

"Hmm, yes. That just might work." He chuckled coldly, which soon turned into an evil laugh. All the rest of the demons began to laugh as well. "Alright! We will return Nova to his evil ways!"