Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ The Nova Project ❯ Chapter 3

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 3
__________________

Nova sat down in the sand, on the beach. He smiled softly as he watched the sun rise up over the water. The only noise he could hear was the rhythm of his breath, and the water slamming against the shore. He needed to do a few things, so he stood, and stretched as he yawned. Nova looked at Chrome, who was sleeping on the sand, right beside where he was sitting. He smiled, seeing her, then he walked towards his book bag he bought not to long ago. Nova felt a bit hungry. He remembered he had an apple in his book bag he had saved. He unzipped his book bag, and pulled out the apple. He almost yelled out as he saw that the apple was actually a human heart, blood dripping from it. He dropped it, blinking, then he glanced back to it, seeing it as just an apple. "Get a grip, Nova…" He said, rubbing his head. He wasn't hungry anymore, so he picked up the apple, putting it back in his book bag.

After a few minutes of thinking, he headed off into the woods for an exercise. Nova leaned up against a tree, glancing around the woods. The place seemed so familiar to him. His cat-like ears perked up as he heard the sound of a twig snapping. "Huh?" he asked himself. "It kinda sounded like a-" Nova was cut off as a thick tree was slammed into his gut, sending him flying back through another tree.

"Ugh!" He hit the ground, rolling across it. He slowly got up, just in time to watch the tree slam into his face, which sent him right back onto the ground.

"I'm very disappointed, Nova." Jyro was there, holding a huge tree in his grasp. He tossed the tree off to the side, glaring at Nova.

Nova slowly got back onto his feet, wiping some of the blood away from his nose. "Screw you.." Nova narrowed his eyes at Jyro, snarling.

Jyro sighed just a bit, crossing his arms.

Nova stepped forward, ready to defend himself. But he wasn't ready when one of the Hell's Angels flew out of the ground, slamming their elbow into Nova's back.

Nova flew towards a tree, but he ran up it, and flipped backwards, kicking the demon in its face, then he landed on his feet.

The demon stumbled back, falling back into the Earth, disappearing from sight.

"Very nice, Nova…" Jyro began to clap. "That's exactly how I taught you."

He pointed a finger at him, growling. "You taught me NOTHING! Besides killing the innocent!"

"The innocent? Who are the innocent? The ones who killed and betrayed you?"

Nova didn't have anything to say, he looked down.

"YOU'RE the innocent, Nova! And you should get your revenge on the evil ones! We aren't the evil ones. God is!" He laughed.

"No! He isn't! You are the evil one! All you want to do is kill! And bring fear and hatred to all!" Nova slowly looked back up to his face.

"I'm sorry you think that, Nova. We could be the ultimate force with you on our side. Just think about it!"

"I've already thought about it. And I've decided to go against you!"

Jyro frowned a bit, and shook his head. "So be it. Come now, Nova. Lets fight."

"Raht!" Nova jumped into the air, completing a front flip, and kicked at Jyro. But his foot was grabbed, and he was swung into a tree, splintering it right in half. "Ugh!" He yelped out, and fell to the ground, coughing.

Jyro laughed softly, brushing his hands off on his pants, then he crossed his arms. "You fool, you cannot defeat me." His hand gripped the skin cord that connected on the back of his head and back, and he threw him backwards into a tree.

"Ugh!" He slammed into the tree, and fell onto his knees, holding the back of his head.

"See Nova? Pain isn't fun." Jyro laughed softly, watching Nova.

"I'd…rather feel pain… then join your side again." He growled, and spat right onto Jyro's shoe, making him frown.

Jyro thrust kicked Nova right between the eyes, sending him back against the tree again.

Nova yelped with pain as he fell back against the tree.

"Destroying the lab was a waist of time." Jyro chuckled. "Go back to the ocean, and see what I mean." His chuckle turned into an evil laugh, and he ran off, disappearing from sight.

Nova slowly stood weakly, rubbing his head. He sighed softly, asking himself, "What does he mean by that?" Nova floated off the ground, deciding it was best if he checked it out. In a flash, Nova was flying off towards the ocean, where the lab used to be. Soon he was flying over the North Pacific Ocean, no land in sight. And finally, there it was, the lab, right where it used to be. "Its not possible!" He landed on the helipad, not seeing anyone around. He stepped into the elevator, and he descended down into the lab. Once he arrived, he ran down the hallway towards the lab he was made in. He stepped into the lab, and still, no scientists were in sight. He looked to his right, seeing the same machine he used to travel to the woods near the cliffs. He picked up a small manual that was setting beside it, and saw the label. "Time Machine, Project 402." He dropped the manual, looking at the Time Machine. "Oh crap!" He slowly turned around, looking at a test tube. On a metal plate in front of the tube, it said "Nova Project" on it, and sure enough, inside the test tube, was Nova, not even one year old.

"Oh…no…" He slowly backed up, memories flashing through his mind, with mixed emotions. Would he be replaced by himself? If that Nova died, would he? If so, he had about seven years to live. Her sighed, resting his forehead against the tubes glass, staring at the ground. "I'm screwed…" He said to himself, a tear rolling off his cheek, and falling onto the floor.

A hand was placed on Nova's shoulder, which caused him to quickly to turn around. "Who the!" He looked at Jyro, who took his hand back to his side, grinning.

"Nova, meet Nova." He chuckled softly, shaking his head. "You know what this means? That Nova in the test tube dies in seven years, that means you will too! And there's nothing you can do to stop it."

Nova growled. "But, how do you know me? I went back in time!"

Jyro chuckled again, knowing Nova would ask that. "I know everything. You see, I know the future, I know the past, and I know that you will have quite a hellish life!" He laughed."

"You don't know that! Things can change!" he narrowed his eyes.

"You'll see Nova, just give it time." Jyro disappeared out of sight.

Nova sighed, and slumped onto the floor.


A few hours later, at the beach…

Chrome was sitting by the water, feet dipped in. Nova was pacing around the edge of the woods, staring at his own feet as he thought. All of a sudden, there was a noise in the bushes beside him. Nova cautiously peered into it, and stumbled back onto his butt as a small, female Mewtwo jumped from it. She must have only been five. Nova sat up, and tilted his head at the sight of the small one. "Oh..uh… hello there!" He offered a smile.

The little Mewtwo just stared for a moment, then hissed, showing her teeth as a warning.

"Ahh… don't be afraid. I won't hurt you." He slowly moved a paw towards her, smiling.

CHOMP! The feminine Mewtwo bit his paw with her sharp teeth.

"Ouch!" He yelped, and took his paw back quickly, rubbing it. "I was just trying to be nice!"

She glared for a moment, never speaking. She took out a piece of paper, and a pen, and wrote on it. It said, "I'm mute."

"Ohh! So that's why your not talking. You can trust me, I won't bite, unlike you." Nova smirked, rubbing the back of his head with a paw. "What's your name…?"

The Mewtwo wrote something else down, that said, "Destiny."

"Destiny, hm? That's a nice name!" He smiled to her.

Chrome stepped up behind him, sliding her arms around Nova's shoulders. "Who's that?" She asked.

"Her name is Destiny, she's quite cute!" He snickered, smiling as he glanced back at Chrome, then glanced back at Destiny.

Destiny stepped back just a bit, cautious of Chrome.

"Don't be afraid, Destiny. " His paw was offered to her again, and slowly, her little paw took a hold of his. He smiled brightly, and picked her up gently into his arms, looking at her, who had curled up, purring softly. "Aww…she's great.." he looked to Chrome.

Chrome smiled back at him, and leaned over them a bit, and she petted Destiny's head. "Yes, she is.." Chrome giggled softly, and kneeled beside Nova, making it so she was face to face with Destiny. "Where did you come from, Destiny?" She used a loving, caring voice.

Destiny just pointed into the bushes, which didn't really tell them much. Chrome just giggled, then nodded. "Ohh, I see."

Nova sat indian style, letting Destiny rest in his lap. "Do you have any parents or caretakers, Destiny?"

She shook her head, whimpering softly.

"Aww.." He looked to Chrome. "Maybe we should take care of her, if its alright with you, of course." He smiled.

"I'd be glad to be her mom..." Chrome giggled, then nodded.

"Would you want us as parents, Destiny?" He smiled down at Destiny.

Destiny nodded a few times, then grabbed Nova's nose playfully, tugging on it as she giggled, which caused Nova to laugh.

"Alright then! Our first daughter!" He smiled brightly, nuzzling Destiny with his nose.


Nova and Chrome were happier then ever with their first daughter, but of course, it wouldn't be their only child.

A few days later…

Nova was in the woods, sitting on a patch of dried up leafs, polishing his sword. Chrome quietly sat down beside him, holding the sleeping Destiny in her arms.

"Nova…?" She whispered quietly, smiling to him.

"Yes, love?" He looked to her, smiling as well. He put his sword in its sheath. The sword could wait, Chrome was much more important than a sword.

"…I'm pregnant." Her smile grew, Nova hadn't really noticed that her stomach had emerged just a bit.

Nova laughed quietly, hugging her gently, careful not to squish Destiny. He was obviously excited, and happy.

As Nova backed up, sitting on his knees in front of her, she spoke softly again. "But that's not all…" she said, smiling once more. She stood up, motioning for him to follow, and she stepped through the woods, Nova following close behind.

"What is it?" Nova asked as they stepped out of the woods. Of course, Chrome replied with a "If I told you, it wouldn't be a secret, now would it?" and a giggle. Nova smirked, and looked down at a small creature Chrome stopped in front of, who was looking up at Nova. He looked Mewtwo, yet, Lugia. Quite a weird creature it was. Nova wasn't sure what this was about, so he looked at Chrome with a questionable look.

"This… is one of our children too.." She smiled to him, hoping he wouldn't be angry. "When I was in the lab I was created in, I developed him.." She nodded to the Mewtwo/Lugia creature. "…His name is Mewgia."

Mewgia looked up to Nova, and raised its feather wings. "Daddy…?"

He smiled softly, and sank to one knee, then picked Mewgia up gently into his arms as he looked at him. "Yeah, I'm daddy." Nova snickered, nodding.

Chrome sighed in relief, glad that Nova accepted Mewgia. She kneeled by him, letting Destiny and Mewgia get to see each other.

Luckily, Destiny and Mewgia began to bond very well. Nova and Chrome smiled at this, embracing each other in a loose hug as they watched their two children.

"Mewtwos! All right! This will be a great battle!" a trainer's voice was heard behind them.

Nova turned around to see the same trainer he faced when he was seven. Of course, the trainer was much younger. And right next to him, was the Mewtwo who had defeated him. Nova grinned, standing up. "A battle..? Why… Of course!" He smiled as he stepped towards the two, standing in a fighting position.

Chrome and the kids quickly went off to the side, watching with interest.

"Mewtwo! Attack with a psychic ball!" The Mewtwo's trainer commanded.

Obeying his trainer, the Mewtwo cupped his paws at his side, allowing a black psychic ball form in his paws. Soon, the Mewtwo thrusted his paws forward at Nova, sending the psychic ball of black energy at him.

Nova simply put a paw out towards the psychic ball. Right before the psychic ball collided with him, it stopped in mid air. Nova counter attacked with psychic, and the psychic ball went flying back into the other Mewtwo, and exploded.

"Meeew!" the Mewtwo yelped and stumbled backwards onto the ground. Nova had won!

"Mewtwo!" The trainer looked at his Pokemon, and quickly kneeled at his side. He zapped it into his Pokeball. He stood up, looking at Nova, speechless. He then ran off, disappearing from sight.

Nova laughed, and smiled as he glanced to his family. As he began to walk towards them, bullets ripped through the sand in front of him. "Ugh!" He jumped backwards, avoiding the incoming fire. "Who the!" He growled as he glanced around, then saw who had shot at him.

Four Mewtwos, stood about ten feet away from Nova. They were all wearing black jumpsuits, and they all held strange automatic assault rifles. Three males, one female.

"Huh…?" Nova backed up a little, getting back in his fighting position.

One of the male Mewtwos stepped forward, grinning. "I am Lestat, commander of the B.E.F."

"B.E.F….?" Nova growled, glancing to each one of them.

"Biohazard Elite Force. We were sent by Mr. Mashemi to take you captive and bring you back to your real home!" Lestat chuckled.

"Mr. Mashemi! How the heck!?"

"Nova… you weren't the only one who went back in time…" Lestat laughed, and stepped over to the side.

That same man who had tortured and abused Nova, stepped forward from behind Lestat, chuckling evilly. "Nova… how nice to see you again."

"Son of a-!" He cupped his paws at his side, quickly forming a psychic ball and thrusting it towards them. But the psychic ball suddenly disappeared in mid air. "Huh?" Nova watched as it did.

The only female soldier stepped forward, eyes glowing. She was the one who had stopped the psychic ball. "I'm Neoko. Its nice to finally meet you in person, Nova." She grinned softly. They all tossed their assault rifles a side.

The two other males introduced themselves as well.

"I am Shadow…" one of them said. Instead of white and purple fur, he had all black fur.

"…And I'm Yamata." the other male said, grinning with the rest of the group.

"I could care less who all of you are! You'll all be gone soon!" At that, Nova dashed at them. Shadow would be the first one to fight with Nova. Nova attacked first with a backhand, but Shadow kicked his arm away, and counter attacked with a backhand to Nova's cheekbone.

Nova yelped, stumbling off to the side. He quickly jumped back up, looking at his family. "Chrome! Get our of here with the kids, now!" He said as Shadow ran at him. Nova quickly drop kicked Shadow in the thigh, sending him backwards. Nova flipped up after completing the move. Shadow had already recovered, and right when Nova had flipped , he had slammed his foot into Nova's face, sending him right back down to the ground.

Chrome wanted to stay and help, but she didn't argue. She ran off quickly with the children in her arms.

"Raht!" Shadow jumped in the air, and landed on his back beside Nova, his elbow slamming into Nova's stomach.

Nova cried out in pain, sitting up quickly, holding his stomach.

Shadow slammed the back of his fist into Nova's face as he sat back, which sent him back down again.

Nova winced as his head hit the ground. But, he slowly pushed himself up.

After Nova stood, Shadow sent a spin kick at Nova's chest. But Nova quickly ducked down, and swept Shadow right off his feet.

"Uff!" Shadow grunted as he hit the ground. But just like Nova, he began to stand back up.

He headbutted Shadow after he stood up, sending Shadow stumbling back. He held his head, stumbling back a foot or so from his own attack. He shook it off, and he walked towards Shadow.

Shadow growled as he ran at Nova, and tackled him back a few feet. He landed on Nova as they hit the ground, causing Nova more pain. He got up slowly, and Nova did the same.

Nova quickly sent a harsh punch into Shadow's stomach, growling as he did so. Shadow leaned forward, holding his stomach. Nova elbowed the back of his head, sending him face first into the sand.

Shadow held his face as he forced himself up slowly.

Nova was angry, he didn't care how badly he got hurt. He backflipped, kicking Shadow right in the face as he did so. He sent Shadow back onto the ground, while he landed perfectly. He then turned to look at the other Mewtwos, who all had their arms crossed, watching with interest. Neoko was smirking, eager to get her own turn.

Shadow stood up behind Nova, throwing his arms around his neck, trying to choke him. But Nova elbowed him as hard as he could in his gut, which caused him to loose his grip. Afterwards, Nova whipped his tail around Shadow's legs, and pulled his feet out from under him. They both fell backwards, and Nova landed ontop of Shadow.

"Ugh!" Shadow grunted, holding his stomach as he laid there. He had been hurt badly.

Nova slowly climbed to his feet, holding his side with a paw. "Is that all you got!" He taunted them, growling.

Neoko stepped forward, giggling quietly. "Why… of course not, Nova. We have much more to show you." Her eyes flashed with a pink aura and Nova was lifted up off his feet with psychic, and he was sent flying backwards towards the water. He slammed right into a speedboat that was flying past the beach, breaking it in half. The passengers quickly got away in their lifeboats. Nova floated out of the rubble of the destroyed boat, wiping some blood away from the corner of his mouth with his arm.

Nova floated to the beach, landing in the sand. "…Not bad for..a female." He said.

Neoko just laughed, her arms remaining crossed. This seemed to be just a game to her. She slowly walked towards Nova, tail swaying behind her.

Nova was quick to think, and he ducked down, trying to sweep her with a kick.

Neoko jumped over the kid, and slammed her foot into Nova's face, which sent him stumbling back onto the sand.

"Ow! That smarts!" He held his nose as he stood up. Neoko had already began her attack. She kicked him in the side of the head. She used to much force that Nova flipped sideways, and landed back on the sand.

"Nova… You should be ashamed." She giggled as she kicked him harshly in the side. "Your getting beat up by a girl!" She laughed.

Nova held his side, wincing as he rolled over, and then flipped up onto his feet.

Before Nova could do anything else, she used psychic again, thrusting her paws towards him. He flew back again, but this time towards the nearby woods. He slammed right into a tree, slipping it right down the middle. He fell onto his face, laying there for a moment. Finally, Nova forced himself up onto his feet.

Without warning, Yamata attacked, sending a fierce, and incredibly fast punch into Nova's gut, sending him back into the tree again. Yamata sent another punch at Nova, but he ducked quickly, and dashed around behind Yamata, and swung his arms around his waist, squeezing.

Yamata ran up the tree, getting out of Nova's grasp, and he pushed away in a backflip. He landed behind him, his back to Nova, and he threw his elbow into the back of Nova's head, sending him head first into the hard tree.

Nova fell back onto the ground, blood dripping out of his nose. He looked up at the sky, it was all blurry. The last thing he saw was Neoko, Yamata, Lestat, and Mr. Mashemi grinning down at them, then it was all black.