Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ The Nova Project ❯ Chapter 4

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 4
_________________

Slowly, Nova opened his eyes. It seemed bright in the room he was in. His vision was still a bit blurry. He found out he was strapped to an operating table, in a lab.

"Uhh…wha?" He said weakly as he lifted his head up, glancing around. There was no one in sight.

"Welcome Nova!" A short scientist stepped into the room, looking at Nova as he stood at his side, pushing his glasses up further on his nose.

Nova didn't say anything, he just rested his head back on the table, shutting his eyes.

"Wow!" He looked Nova over. "I never thought you'd be such a success.! I mean… I've seen the little baby you, but not the adult you! Well, anyway, Nova. I'm Jason!" He offered his hand to Nova's paw. This scientist was actually a nice one, but he was just about the only one there was.

He slowly opened his eyes, looking at Jason. "…Success? I'm not a success… you all just want to kill me."

"Ah… that's not completely correct.." Jason sighed as he took his hand back, and stuffed it in his paw.

"Jason!" Another scientist stormed into the room, glaring at Jason. "You are not supposed to talk to the specimen! Now come on! We have work to do!"

He sighed again, looking at Nova. "Well… I need to go do some stuff, so, see ya!" He ran off with the other scientist. Nova was alone in the room once more.

…Or so he thought.

"Nova… I know what your thinking." Nova could hear a female's voice.

"Huh…?"

"You want to be normal, Nova. I know that's what you've always wanted." Neoko appeared beside him, looking down at him with a smile. She was the one talking to him.

He looked up at her, narrowing his eyes. "What do you want?" He asked.

"I never said I wanted anything, Nova." She slowly put a paw on his cheek, brushing it gently. "I feel you hatred… your sadness… I feel everything you feel, Nova…"

"…That's because your nothing more than a guinea pig… We're nothing more then guinea pigs…"

"No, Nova… we are all soldiers. Created to fight. But you… you wanted to lead a life with family and friends! If you had just done what you had been created to do..you could have lead a very happy life." She lowered her face in front of his, looking into his eyes.

"I wish to be free, not a slave… like you have chosen to be." He looked off to the side,.

"You still don't get it, do you? But, don't worry, in time you will understand… Time will tell, Nova… Time will tell." She smiled, kissing his head softly, and then he disappeared.

Right after she made her exit, two guards entered the room, looking at Nova. Grins were displayed on both of their faces.

"Rise and shine, Nova…" one of them said.

"Go to hell." Nova growled.

"Haven't you been there, Nova? Was it fun? Hey, bring me back Satan's autograph!"
The guard laughed.

Nova felt a tear run down his cheek.

The other guard stepped to Nova, hooking a metal collar around his neck. Afterwards, the guard released the straps, and pulled Nova off the table with the leash that was hooked up the collar.

"Uff!" He fell to the ground, and he was forced to stand up.

"I suggest not to try anything funny. Your psychic powers are useless with this collar on. And we also have plenty of defenses to keep you from escaping." He cackled, leading Nova into the hallway.

Nova cooperated, and he walked into the hallways with the guards. The hallway was familiar. Those turrets on the ceiling…

"C'mon!" The guard tugged harshly on Nova's leash, heading down the hallway.

Nova winced as he was choked, and he quickly caught up behind the guards.

They led him into another lab, where Neoko, Lestat, Yamata, and the bandaged up Shadow awaited. Neoko was the only one smiling, the others were displaying cold, mean looks, especially Shadow. Shadow growled lowly at Nova, ready to attack him, but Neoko glared at Shadow, waving a finger.

The guard slammed Nova onto another operating table, and strapped him in. The guard took off the leash, and they exited, leaving Nova with the B.E.F. team.

"Nova, are you having fun yet?" Lestat chuckled, arms crossing firmly.

"He's gonna have a lot of fun after I get finished with him!" Shadow growled, stepping towards Nova, fists ready.

"Hmm, Shadow… I don't think you should even try. You may get beat up again. "Said Neoko, chuckling.

"Grr!" Shadow glared at Neoko, but then stepped back.

"Go ahead… do what you want to me. Buit I swear, if you even lay one finger on my family, I'll-!" Nova was cut off by Lestat.

"You'll what? Gripe at us while you are helplessly strapped to a table?" Lestat cackled coldly.

Nova didn't say anything, he just glared at Lestat.

"Aww. Be nice to the poor kitty…" Neoko smirked as she stepped forward, looking down at Nova.

They all chuckled, then Yamata finally spoke up.

"Hey! I think Neoko likes the little freak!" Yamata laughed.

Neoko growled, and backhanded Yamata across the face, which sent him flying across the room. "You wish!"

"Ugh!" Yamata slammed into the wall, growling as he stepped away from it. "Why I'll!"

"That's enough!" growled Lestat.

Nova began to chuckle, which soon turned into a laugh.

"What's so funny?" Lestat looked at Nova, anger heard in his voice.

"Haven't you guys heard of teamwork? Teams work together, they don't fight like five year olds."

Lestat slammed his fist into Nova's gut. "Shut up!"

Nova coughed, trying to catch his breath.

Shadow stepped forward again. "Lestat! Let me hit him just once!"

"Your going to be hit if you don't back up and shut up!" Lestat glared at Shadow from the corner of his eye.

"Is there a problem?" Mr. Mashemi smirked as he stepped into the room, looking at all the Mewtwos.

"No, Sir.." Lestat said, glaring at the rest of his team.

"Good… Glad to hear it." Mr. Mashemi stepped over to Nova, grinning down at him.

Nova glared up at Mr. Mashemi, then he spat right in his face.

Mr. Mashemi just sighed, wiping the spit away with his hand. He punched Nova right along the jaw line. "I hope you restrain yourself from doing that again…"

Nova whimpered, his head being thrown to one side.

"Now then. I'm going to give you two choices. One, you can be on our side again. You can be a fighter! Don't you want to be above all other humans and creatures in the world? Or, you can die."

"I got a better idea. How about I kill you, and go back to my life." Nova smirked.

Neoko snickered, while the rest of the group just glared at Nova.

"Well, I guess I'll see you in hell." Mr. Mashemi said as he picked up a knife, raising it above Nova's head.

Nova shut his eyes, awaiting the knife to end his life. But instead, he heard an explosion, and Mr. Mashemi grunting as he slammed into the wall. Nova opened his eyes to see Neoko, standing there. She had used psychic on Mr. Mashemi!

"Neoko! Your fired!" Lestat growled as he lunged towards her.

"Good!" Neoko slammed her foot into Lestat's gut, then she backhanded him across the face. She quickly released Nova, and took off the collar. "Run Nova! Now!" She said as she kicked the attacking Shadow.

Nova looked at her awkwardly, and quickly he stood up beside the table. "Why do you-" he paused for a moment to punch Yamata. Then he continued. "-want to help me?"

"Because your right! We are nothing guinea pigs! Now get out of here, Nova! Hurry!"

"But-"

"Now!" She pushed him towards the door.

He stumbled to the door, and he opened it, running into the hallway.

Strangely, the defense turrets didn't activate, and all went quiet.

Cling, Cling, Cling. "Huh?" Nova heard a strange sound fill the hallway. "What's going on?" He cautiously began heading down the hallway.

He glanced down the hallway, just in time to see a big battle droid stomp around the corner. Both its arms were gattling guns, with boxes of ammo attached to them.

"Oh crap!" Nova ran down the hallway, away from the droid.

The droid began stomping towards him, gattling guns raising.

Nova turned around a corner just in time as bullets showered down the hallway. He ran down the hallway, glancing over his shoulder, watching the droid come around that corner, following him.

Nova cupped his paws at his side as he ran down the hallway, forming a psychic ball in his paws.

"Psychic!" He yelled out as he jumped forward, turning around in the air, and he fired the psychic ball at the droid. Nova fell on his back, quickly standing up to watch the psychic ball slam into the droid. The droid stumbled back just about a foot, then stepped forward again. It didn't even hurt him.

"No way! That's impossible!" Nova said as he took a step back, then ran down the hallway again.

"Resistance is futile." It said in a robot's voice as it raised its gattling guns again, opening fire.

Nova turned the corner to avoid the fire. Around the corner he saw two guards talking. Nova ran at the two guards. Right when they both looked at him, he jumped into the air, kicking them both in the head, knocking them out. Nova landed perfectly, and picked up one of the guard's automatic assault rifles.

He quickly turned around, kneeling, and he brought up the rifle. He aimed down the hallway, where he had come from. Sure enough, the droid stomped around the corner, quickly aiming at Nova. But Nova pulled the trigger first, holding it down as he emptied the bullets onto the droid's strong armor.

The bullets didn't even dent the armor. The droid just continued to stomp towards Nova, gattling guns ready to go off.

"This isn't good…" He tossed down the rifle, stood up, and ran down the hallway, away from the droid. Nova ran around the corner, to see Jason walking down the hallway towards him, looking at some papers he held in his arms.

"Jason!" Nova yelled as he ran over to him. "I need to talk to you!" He pulled Jason further down the hallway.

"Hey! What are you doing out of the lab?"

"Getting out of her! And trying to avoid that thing!" Nova said as he pointed edown the hallway, just in time so Jason would see the droid stomp around the corner.

"Ah! How did that get activated?" Jason said, looking at the droid wide-eyed.

"I could care less how it got activated!" Nova pulled him into the next hallway before the droid opened fire. "I want to know how the heck to deactivate it!"

"It won't be easy…" Jason said, peeking around the corner to watch the droid.

"Just tell me how!"

"Well, you need to open the panel on its back, and disconnect a few wires…"

"I got a better idea." Nova said as he took Jason's security card, and stepped to a nearbyt door that said 'Armory'. He opened it, and disappeared into the room.

"Heeeyy! That's my card!"

Nova came out of the room, holding a Rocket Launcher. "Here's a better way…" Nova walked around the corner, kneeling as he aimed at the droid.

The droid raised its gattling guns, and they began to rotate, about ready to fire.

Nova pushed a button, and the rocket flew from the launcher, and exploded into the droid, sending it back down the hallway, and right through the wall. "Now that's how you do it…"

"Ah…. That was a very big project we were doing!"

Nova eyed Jason, then rolled his eyes.

"Can I have my card back?" Asked Jason as he pushed his glasses back up on his nose.

Nova tossed the card into Jason's lap. "There…"

"Thanks…" Jason stuffed his security hard into his lab coat pocket, and he began to pick up his papers that had dropped on the floor.

"Wait…" Nova took the card back. "I need this to get out…"

"Buuuut!"

Before Jason could get started, Nova was dashing down the hallway, heading towards the elevator.

When Nova reached the elevator, he swiped the card through the slot, and the elevator opened. He quickly stepped into it, and pushed the 'Helipad' button.

The doors opened, and he stepped out onto the lit Helipad. It was night-time, and the lights on the helipad were the only ones seen. Since Nova was partly cat, darkness was not a problem. He ran towards the edge of the helipad, and jumped off, flying towards the beach.

In a while, Nova had reached his destination. The beach was empty, moonlight shimmering off the ocean's water. He landed on the sand, glancing around for his family, but there were no sign of them.

Nova sighed, sitting down in the sand, looking out over the water. He pondered to himself. His life just seemed to keep falling apart. Nova narrowed his eyes, all those bad memories coming back to him.

"…I promise… I will not be defeated easily… I will not go down! You hear me! I -will- fight!" Nova yelled as he stood up. "You'll never defeat me!"


Next morning . . .

Nova had fallen asleep, curled up on the sand. His eyes slowly slipped open, to see Destiny sitting in front of him, head tilted in curiosity as she watched him.

"Destiny!" He smiled, and sat up, embracing her in a tight hug.

Destiny gave a little squeak as she was squeezed.

"Oh.." He laughed softly, holding her in his arms. And he kissed her forehead softly. "Sorry, I guess I got a little over excited…" He snickered again, rocking her gently in his arms.

She giggled, looking up at him, her tail swaying happily.

"Nova!" Chrome ran up to him, holding Mewgia in one arm. She kneeled beside him, hugging him tightly with her free arm. Happy tears strolled down her cheeks. "I-I thought I'd never see you again, Nova!" She sobbed softly on his shoulder. Mewgia and Destiny watched, not really sure what happened.

He kissed her cheek as he returned a hug, sighing softly. "You know I'd never go down so easily, Chrome…" He slowly backed up from the hug, smiling as he gazed into her eyes.

"But… I was still worried…" She returned a smile, teary eyes gazing back.

He hugged her again, resting his chin on her shoulder. He watched Mewgia and Destiny start a poking fight. He snickered softly at the sight of it.


Months went by, and Nova and his family had peace for awhile, and finally, Nova's third child was born..

Chrome held the newborn baby Nova Mewtwo in her arms, it was a girl, with a blade upon her head. Of course, it wasn't very big, yet.

"Her name is Sylver…" Chrome looked up at Nova who was standing beside her. Smiling as she did so.

"That's a wonderful name!" He smiled back, nodding with agreement.

Sylver looked up at them, squinting her eyes to see them better.

"She's beautiful, Chrome…" Commented Nova. "Just like you…"

Chrome snickered softly, smiling back down at Sylver, playfully poking her nose.

Sylver giggled as she tried to catch the finger in her tiny paws.

Chrome let her, laughing softly as Sylver began to suck on her mother's finger.

Nova smiled, sitting beside the two as he watched them.


The next day, Nova was alone, sitting on the beach, looking out over the water.

"Nova… it's been a while…" A voice came from behind him.

Nova growled, looking back at Jyro. "What do you want?"

"Actually, I don't want anything." Jyro smirked, stepping over beside Nova, and he sat down beside him. "Ah, such a beautiful day, 'ey Nova?"

"Whatever…" Nova looked out over the water again.

"…Ya know, they are waiting for you, Nova."

"Huh?"

"At the cliffs, the B.E.F. are all waiting…"

"For me?"

"Mm hmm… If you've been home today, you would have known."

"About what?"

"About Chrome, Mewgia, and Sylver disappearing…"

"What!" Nova looked at him, quickly standing up.

"Ah, yes. Sad, isn't it? Maybe you should get to the cliffs… and hurry."

"Son of a-!" He growled, and he flew off towards the cliffs.

Soon, he arrived on the top of the cliff, glaring at the grinning Lestat, Shadow, and Yamata.

Neoko was still alive. She was on her knees behind them, a collar around her neck, and paws handcuffed behind her back. Shadow was holding her by the cord on the back of her head and back, so she couldn't go anywhere.

"What is this all about!" Nova stepped toward them, fists ready to take on anyone who came at him.

"You, of course." Lestat chuckled, watching Nova. "Hope you don't miss them too much…"

Nova dashed at Lestat, swinging a fist at him, but Lestat caught it with a paw, squeezing harshly. Then he kicked Nova in the side of the head, then in the chest, sending him stumbling back.

He grunted as he fell onto the ground. But he quickly recovered, and stood up.

"You'll never see them again, so don't even bother looking for them. Sadly… we couldn't find your other daughter, but no matter!" Lestat chuckled coldly. "You won't be alive to see her!"

"I'm gonna rip your guts out!" Nova growled, wanting to attack again, but he knew it would be a waist of time.

"Tsk Tsk Tsk… Nova, you'll never learn." Lestat snapped his fingers, and Yamata stepped forward, a low growl coming from him. "Yamata, make him learn…"

"My pleasure, captain." Yamata grinned, and stepping towards Nova. He was the first to attack, sending a lighting fast punch at Nova, but Nova caught his fist.

Nova squeezed his fist, then he kneed Yamata's elbow as hard as he could. Then he kicked him into the gut to send him backwards.

"Mother f-!"he fell backwards, holding his elbow, yelping in pain. He growling at Nova. "I'm gonna f'n kill you!" He ran at Nova, and jumped into the air, trying to spin kick Nova in the side of the temple.

But Nova ducked, grabbing Yamata by the tail, and he slammed him into the ground.

Yamata yelped as he was slammed into the ground, holding his back in pain.

"Lestat grinned, interested in how much better Nova had gotten in fighting.

"Rahht!" Nova almost screamed in anger as he kicked Yamata in the side, sending him sliding towards the edge of the cliff, but he stopped right before he fell off.

Slowly and weakly, Yamata stood, wiping some blood from his mouth with an arm.

Nova ran at Yamata, and jumped up, sending both of his feet into his chest, knocking him right off the side of the cliff. Nova listened to Yamata yell as he fell off, soon after, it was quiet. After landing on his side, Nova stood, looking at Shadow and Lestat.

"Shadow, let's show him his prize for killing Yamata!" Lestat laughed, and Shadow grinned.

"Nova!" Neoko yelled as she was dragged to the edge of the cliff.

"Don't!" Nova ran at Shadow, and jumped up, kicking him right in the face, knocking him back. Neoko almost fell off, but she balanced herself before she did.

"Ugh!" Shadow stumbled backwards, trying not to fall.

Nova ran at Shadow, and jump kicked him in the chest, making him fall onto his back. Afterwards, he pulled his head up by the cord, and kicked him right in the face again.

Shadow yelped, stumbling backwards again, his nose bleeding.

Nova grabbed him by the cord again, and he threw him just about ten feet away. He cupped his paws in front of him, aiming towards Shadow. A psychic ball quickly formed in his paws, then he tossed it at Shadow. "Die!"

Shadow slowly stood up, looking at the psychic ball, wide-eyed. "Neeeveer!" He yelled as he put his paws out in front of him, trying to stop the psychic ball with his own psychic powers. He exploded into Shadow, sending him right into a huge rock. Shadow fell on his face on the ground, not moving.

Nova looked at Lestat, who was clapped.

"Very well done, Nova!" He laughed, still clapping.

"Your next!" Nova growled.


"Oh really? Go ahead, try. I dare ya!" Lestat continued to laugh, then he grinned, crossing his arms

Nova stepped in front of Lestat, glaring at him.

Lestat glared back, still grinning.

"Raht!" Nova swung first with a fist, but Lestat kicked Nova back, in the chest before the fist even came close.

Nova grunted, stepping back, but he came back with a kick at Lestat's chest.

Lestat caught his foot with both of his paws, chuckling. "Got'cha…"

"Ya sure did…" Nova backflipped, kicking Lestat right in the chin. Lestat let go of Nova's foot as he was kicked, and he stumbled back onto the ground. Nova landed perfectly, getting into a fighting stance.

Neoko watched, trying to get free of the handcuffs. "I gotta help Nova…!" She thoughtt o her self.

Nova stepped towards Lestat, getting ready to attack, but he wasn't fast enough. Lestat sent two kicks into Nova's side, using his paw to hold him up as he did so. He flipped up onto his feet, and backhanded Nova across the face.

"Hnn!" Nova stumbled to the side, but maintained his balance.

Lestat sweeped Nova with incredible force, sending him into a backflip, and making him land on his stomach. As Nova began to push himself up with his paws, Nova grabbed him by the neck, hoisting him up off his feet, squeezing.

Nova gagged, closing his eyes tightly as he held onto Lestat's wrist, trying to breathe.

"C'mon, Neoko.." Neoko thought as she struggled. Finally, she broke the handcuffs, and she stood up. And ran at Lestat. "Let him go!"

Lestat looked at her from the corner of his eye, and he dropped Nova, kicking her right in the stomach.

"Myu!" She yelped as she stumbled back at the edge of the cliff. "N-Nova!" She tried to maintain her balance, but she fell backwards, right off the cliff.

Nova fell on his knees, and looked at Neoko just in time to watch her fall. "Neoko!" He ran towards the edge of the cliff, but Lestat swept him again, making him fall.

"Ugh!" He fell onto his stomach, but quickly pushed himself up, throwing his paws towards Lestat. Lestat was sent back about twenty feet from a psychic attack.

Lestat grunted as he slammed into the ground, slowly forcing himself to stand.

Nova ran to the edge of the cliff, looking down off of it. He saw Neoko, laying on a ledge, about thirty feet down. She was still moving, slightly. "Neoko! Hold on!"

"Nova!" Lestat called out, his whole body beginning to glow. "You have made me very angry!" He chuckled, coldly. The whole sky began to get dark. Clouds covered up all the sunlight, and thunder roared.

Nova slowly looked back at Lestat, turning to face him. "Huh…?" He watched the sky change suddenly.

"I'm going to kill you for all the trouble you've caused me!" He yelled out, a lightning bolt hitting his form. He yelled out in pain, absorbing the power of the lightning bolt. His body began to grow, his body becoming more pumped up. "Time…to…die…"
"No…" Nova knew if he didn't do something soon, he was going to get stomped. He put his paws above his head, focusing all his energy. He had never used this move before, Jyro had said it had a lot of power, and that you should be carefull. "…Supernova." He said, and a strange psychic ball appeared in his paws. It was only the size of a basketball. Soon, it began to grow, turning yellow in color. It grew bigger this is own body, it stopped growing as it reached twice his size.

Lestat forced his large paws towards Nova, beginning to form a psychic ball of is own. It was different then most psychic balls. He brought his paws to his side, then thrusted his paws towards Nova. "DIE!" He yelled out, the psychic ball flying towards Nova.

"Rahh!" Nova yelled as he used all his strength to throw the psychic ball at Lestat. The Supernova went right through Lestat's psychic ball, destroying it. It just continued to fly towards Nova.

"Not possible!" He growled, putting his paws in front of him, using all his force to attempt to stop the psychic ball. "Ahh!" He cried out as the psychic ball hit his form, nothing happened. Lestat stood there, shaking. "What…t-" All of a sudden, a huge explosion accord. Lestat disappeared in the explosion as a crater was created. It was HUGE! At least a few miles wide.

"Holy crap!" Nova was thrown off the cliff by the incredible explosion occurred. Luckily, he caught the edge of the cliff with his paws, hanging on with all his strength. Slowly he pulled himself up, just enough so he could look at the crater. He saw no sign of Lestat. He started slowly climbing down the cliff, and soon, he reached the ledge Neoko was laying on. He kneeled at her side, looking her over. "Neoko… are you alright?!" He looked at her.

"Nova.." He smiled weakly up at him. "Don't worry… about me, Nova…" She coughed.

He picked her up gently in his arms, letting her rest against him. "Neoko, your going to live! Just, hold on, please…"

"Nova, I want you t-to have this…" She pulled off a necklace she was wearing. It had a locket on it. She handed it to him. "Look at the picture in the locket, Nova…"

Nova slowly took it, and opened it. Inside, it had a picture of a baby Nova Mewtwo in a test tube, and a little female baby Mewtwo standing beside it, paws pressed against the glass as she looked at the Nova Mewtwo. "That's you, and… me..." She smiled weakly, a tear rolling down her cheek. "We're siblings…even though you are a different type of Mewtwo… I joined the team, and came back in time to come see you. I know, I fought you…on the beach, but, I didn't want the team to think I was going to betray." She sighed, trembling slightly.

"Oh Neoko…" He hugged her, rubbing her back gently with a paw. Trying to comfort her. "Don't die on me, Neoko…"

She smiled, brushing a paw over his head, beside the blade. "Nova, keep on living. I'll be back. Someday. Somehow. Just please… don't let go of me." She held him tightly, still trembling.

"Neoko.. you're not going to die on me! Not today!" He shook her lightly, trying to keep her from closing her eyes.

"I'm so tired, Nova…" She slowly closed her eyes, her body becoming limp.

"No, Neoko!" A few tears ran down his cheeks, his attempting to keep her up failing.

"I love you Nova… t-take care.." She smiled softly at him before her eyes slipped closed. Her body becoming completely limp.

"Neoko!" He cried softly, hugging her tightly. He sat there with her, for hours, holding her limp body.