Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ The one of the kind girl ❯ cerulean start ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter one: Cerulean Start
 
THUMP! “Mom what the hell are doing?!” A girl picks herself off of the floor of her. The girl, named Shelly, has a natural bright crimson hair color that went down to the bottom of her neck, looks about ten years old, and has been living in Cerulean City for all her life. But she has two unnatural things about herself. First is a crimson fluffy tail that she hides by curling it around her. Second is that she is fourteen years old.
 
Her mother is brown haired working single mother who had just lifted her Shelly's bed 45 degrees off the floor. “Don't talk me like that after I tried waking you up for thirty minutes straight. I came to tell you your pokedex, pokegear, and charmander just came in.” Janice, the mother then went down stairs to finish making breakfast.
 
“Suhweet!” Shelly thought to herself.
 
She was about to bolt out the door when Janice yelled in authoritarian tone, “You have to shower and get dressed before you can get the stuff.”
 
“Almost forgot. Thanks mom!” she shouted back gratefully.
 
After showering and dressing herself, she bolted out of her bedroom, down the stairs, and to the kitchen table. Just as she was about the stuff while still sprinting, Janice grabs the gear off the table watches her daughter slide into the fridge, laughs hard, and puts down a plate of pancakes. “That will probably never get old.” She says still laughing.
 
“First she drops out of my bed and then she does that.” She thought. “I should have seen that coming.” She complains to herself out loud.
 
“Yes you should of.” said a mocking female voice.
 
“Misty, when did you come here?” Shelly had asked.
 
The town's gym leader responded, “Just a little before your episode against the fridge.”
 
Shelly turned to Janice and asked, “Did you invite her here mom?”
 
A quick “yep” was heard.
 
“So what is your pokemon, Shelly?” Misty asked inquisitively.
 
“It should be a charmander.” She replied with a mouth full of pancakes.
 
After breakfast the two went outside. Misty was helping Shelly make her pokegear number. “So, you going to meet your charmander yet?” Misty asks.
 
“Sure. Why not?” Shelly grabs the ball out of her pocket and releases the charmander. It was vermillion color, and had an extra claw on its hands. It gave Shelly a quizzical look and it purred against her.
 
“I'd say he likes you Shell.” Misty said with a surprised look.
 
“Yea, I think she likes me also.” Shelly replied.
 
“How do you know it is a girl?” Misty asked.
 
“Intuition.”
 
“No. You know I ordered it just as you wanted it.” Janice replied smirking
 
“Mom!” she replied annoyed.
 
“Are you going to name it?” Misty said hastily, trying to change the subject.
 
“Her name shall be salamander.”
 
“When are you going to leave to train?” Misty asked before Janice could reply about the odd name.
 
“Probably tomorrow.” She said with a flaming gleam in her eyes, “'til then, I will be getting acquainted with salamander, and pack for the trip. Why, did you want to come?”
 
“No, just wanted to know when to say good bye.” Misty replied.
 
“Alright. `Til then.” Shelly said walking off with salamander into town.