Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ The Science of Survival ❯ 2 Days before the disaster ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

2200 Hours

Cory Firestorm sat in his lab. He was one of the better scientists in Team Rocket, but he still hated being one. The pay sucked, you got long hours, and you had to beat short deadlines. But, it was better than going into the field and getting killed. Thats why he quit being a operative and appiled for this science job. But, deep within himself wanted to go back to being the highly trained operative as he was, but that probably wouldn't happen, not by a longshot. Besides, it was fun to work on all thoes silly tanks and what-not, even if Jesse and James got them blown up.

Cory's major was bio-mechanics, so his new assignment was to create a new type a pokemon, not a destructive or evil one like Mewtwo, but a pokemon like Porygon2. It would be as easy as staeling one from Silph Co., but they didnt have any, cloning was out of the picture after the Mewtwo incident.This meant that Cory had to work with programming from scratch.

2 days from the disaster

0600 Hours

Cory woke up and went right back to work. He almost had the programming down for the creation of the Porygon2, but he couldn't figure out that certian program code for the creation of the EPU (emotion processing unit). Cory typed at the keyboard and cursed mildly at the computer. Another error message meaning the code was not right. "Damn it, why wont this thing work!"

Cory was getting frustrated, and he knew it. He decided to call it a day even if it was early and take the day off.

1 Day from the disaster

1100 Hours

TNG Mew entered Corys lab, just to see how he was doing

"Hi Cory, How' the work goin'?" Mew asked as Corys face was buried in his computer screen.

"Not so good" Cory replied "Im getting very frustrated by this computer code, do you have any advice i could use?"

"Nah" Mew replied, " I'm not too big on computers, just Star Trek. Did you know that tricorders can...."

Mew was insantly cut off when he was sucked into the transport chute leading to the lounge, far away from the labs. Cory smiled as he took his finger off the button.

"Ahhh, peace at last".

Cory worked the day away, still obsessed by that code, and he packed up at midnight, still not getting it.

The day of the disaster

To be continued.....