Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ The Timetravelers: AAMLS I ❯ Drifting Apart ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer for the lazy: I don't own Pokémon.
---

The Timetravelers: AAMLS I
Part Three: Drifting Apart

September 15th, 2001 (Monday[the next day])
Viridian City, 8:30 a.m.

Misty bumped into Darren while going to her first class. "That's good. Now I can tell him…"

"Misty! I was looking for you!" He then moved very close and grabbed her hands. "I need to you to do me a big favor." She took her hands away from his. Darren continued. "My parents are coming down Thursday night, and this might be the only time they'll visit. I'd be great if you can come."

"I can't. I already have plans." She moved away from Darren, but he blocked her.

"Come on! My parents are counting on you being there!" He looked very distressed.

"Well, tough!" She started walking away. Then, Darren got in front of her again.

"You don't understand. My parents are old, and I'm the only child they have. They want me to be happy. They think that if I have a woman, I'm happy. I don't have any other woman to go with. Please, come with me, just for one night?"

It was a huge inner-conflict. On one side was Darren. His parents were counting on him to have her. It would be horrible to see them, old people, disappointed because she wasn't there to shower affection on their son. But on the other side was Ash. She had stood him up twice in a row, and she couldn't bear seeing Ash suffer at all. He even got a night off for her, and they were hard to get. And all she did was not show. Misty loved Ash and didn't want to see him upset at her. Their relationship was already fragile because of the situation. Something like this could break it into a thousand pieces, and might take forever to get them back together…

"Which one is the worst evil: Seeing old people disappointed… or seeing Ash leave me?" She didn't know right now.

"I don't know… I'm already on shaky ground with my boyfriend, and I don't want to make it any worse than it already is. I promised him that I'd be there Thursday!"

"Forget him for a night! Why do you want him anyway--" Darren suddenly hugged her. Misty gave him a death glare. "--when you have me?"

"Uhh…" The truth was that she'd rather have Ash any day.

"Please, come." He looked at her with what were almost puppy-eyes. He had let her go.

Misty sighed. She had been bent to his will. "Fine, I'll come."

"Thanks." Then he gave her a kiss on the cheek, and Misty tried chasing after him. Too bad he was really fast. Then reality sunk in: She had just made plans and replaced Ash again. She looked down at the ground.

"How am I ever going to tell him?"

* * *

Misty went to Ash's house. It was four p.m. now. She sighed and went inside. Ash looked happy enough… maybe he wouldn't mind at all if he heard what had happened…

"Hi… we need to talk--"

"About Thursday? I'm really looking forward to it!" Ash said. He looked at her. Then she took a deep breath.

"I'm… sorry. I… made other plans."

The look on Ash's face… it was a mixture of sadness, disappointment, and anger. "What do you mean you have other plans? You've been seeing someone, haven't you?"

"No, you don't understand…"

Ash was pissed. "You know, if you were seeing someone else, all you had to do was say so, and I wouldn't had been mad. But why? Why did you have to torture me like this?"

"But, you don't understand… It was Darren… his parents…"

But it was too late. Ash had left and slammed the door behind him. Misty sighed. This was it… it was pretty much over. She walked home, totally shocked. Then she got to her bed and sobbed. She didn't want it to end like this…

-To be continued…-
---
The other disclaimer: I don't own Pokémon. I think Misty would get jealous before Ash would… but then again, we've never seen Ash in a relationship like this. It's all platonic relationships in Pokémon. Not that I'm complaining. Platonic is good in a kid's show.
If anything, we can call it a role reversal or something. But at least I fixed it slightly... Ash said "but nooo..." hehehe.
Of course, it probably isn't funny to you people. Oh well.

Dang, this part is short…