Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ The Timetravelers: AAMLS I ❯ Moving On With Life ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer for the lazy: Don't own Pokémon. So what?

And e-mails are now in italics too.

---
The Timetravelers: AAMLS I
Part Four: Moving On With Life

September 19th, 2001 (Thursday)
Pallet Town, about 6 p.m.

Ash was out driving, trying to blow off some steam. Ash felt angry, yet sad. Had Misty really cheated on him? Was it something that he'd said or done? Whatever had happened, it had upset him, and he hadn't talked to her in a while. Then he noticed that he had driven to her apartment building by accident. He saw her in a nice dress. Then there was more: She was with another man! His worst fears were confirmed when he cuddled her and gave her something.

"I wouldn't have minded if she had just told me…" Then he drove off.

* * *

Misty had seen Ash's car drive away. "Oh no… he saw Darren… now how am I going to explain this one?" she thought. Then a psychic teleported them to a nice restaurant in Viridian City. She was still holding the box that Darren had given her.

"Open it!" he said. Misty opened it to see a gold diamond bracelet in the box. She put it on to make Darren happy.

"Uh… thanks, I guess." She'd give it back later. The bracelet meant nothing to her at all. It was just another attempt to get her to stay with Darren.

"No problem hun."

Hun? Why was he calling her that? This was only a one-night thing. Tomorrow, she'd try to explain to Ash why she had gone with Darren, and then she knew that he'd at least listen, maybe even forgive her.

Then they were at the restaurant that they were meeting Darren's parents at. They did look old…

"Well, you hooked a good 'un this time!" the man said, winking. Darren nodded. Misty looked at him. He didn't "hook" her!

Then his mom came up. "So how long have you two been dating?"

"I'm not--" she started, then Darren cut in.

"Since last week."

Misty was appalled. Those nights at the clubs were NOT dates! They were just having a good time together!

"So do you love him?" Darren's mom asked Misty.

"Of course--" Darren seemed to cut in at the perfect time.

"See? I told you she was the one!"

"WHAT? Who said I ever was in love?" she yelled.

Darren smiled. "Well, you did when you accepted this date, my sweetheart!" Then Darren's parents revealed themselves as two of his friends. Then they all laughed at her for falling for it.

Misty was beyond words. She had sacrificed a night and a relationship with Ash for three complete losers?! She then looked at Darren, pissed off. "You b------!" Then she took the bracelet off and stuffed it in his mouth. "You can keep it. I won't need it! NEVER EXPECT ME TO TALK TO YOU AGAIN!" Then she left the restaurant. She tried calling Ash.

"He said he had other plans tonight. He was really upset… good luck trying to patch this one up," Delia said. Then Misty hung up.

"Oh great… this seems so unlike him. I'm the one that's supposed to hold the grudge!" she thought. Then she took the psychic teleport system home.

* * *

The next day, Misty went over to Ash's house to apologize to him about what had happened last night. But as soon as he saw that it was Misty, he slammed the door in her face. It was like this for about a week. Ash refused to talk to her at all… But soon he'd wish he had patched things up as soon as he could…

* * *

September 26th, 2001
Pallet Town, 7 p.m.

Misty was walking home from work when she saw a man walking up to her. He had brown hair and beautiful green eyes with a sparkle to them. He looked Ash's age, but yet, he didn't.

"Hello miss. How are you today?" He had a very nice voice.

"Just fine, thank you." She walked away, not wanting to start a conversation at the moment. She was tired.

"I think you're an angel, or at least you look like one."

Misty was flattered. "Thanks," she said, blushing.

Then the man took her hand. "Want to come with me?" She nodded. This man… she could tell that he was very special when she looked into his eyes. So they took a walk on the beach. Misty felt wonderful. This man was treating her like she was supposed to. Who needed Ash when they had this wonderful man around? Then their walk was over. They wanted it to last forever…

"That was wonderful. I'm Misty by the way. What's your name?"

"Nickolas. Thanks you for walking with me." He then kissed her on the cheek. "See you tomorrow." Then he left. Misty walked home as if she were floating. Then she got to the door, and she saw that there was a note on it again.

"Sorry about being a jerk to you last week. I heard the story, and I believe you. If you want to come back, just tell me. -Ash."

She crumbled the note up and threw it off the balcony. Who needed that loser when she had Nickolas?

* * *

Next week (October 3rd, 2001)
Pallet Town, about 6 p.m.

Ash was extremely upset with himself. He had finally gotten the courage to go and visit Misty and tell her in person he was sorry. He'd even brought flowers… but as he went to the door… he saw them together. Ash was so shocked that he dropped the flowers. He started running up to them, but someone (most likely the man) teleported them away. Then he left a note on the door and left the apartment area.

"I guess you won't be coming back…"

* * *

Later the same day

Misty had seen Nickolas every day. Last night was an actual date. It was so wonderful, with the romantic music, candles, and good food; the things that made a great date. Misty never wanted to leave him, even if he was Ash's age. He could have passed for a college kid the way he acted. Tonight, he had to do something, so they had a short date tonight. She got home and read the note on the door.

"Of course not, you loser." She again crumpled the note and threw it in the garbage can. Then she went inside and found the three whole pictures she had of Ash. She tore them up, and then threw them in the trash. Then, she decided to send a rather rude e-mail…

"Stay away from me. I don't love you anymore. You should have seen me rip up the pictures of you. It was the greatest feeling in the whole world! And now I have a new man. He's much better than you ever were. I never want to see your face again! So go away and NEVER put any more notes on my door ever again!" She then smiled and clicked on the "send" button. Every single word in the e-mail was true. She had finally gotten over this phase, and she felt wonderful! Misty smiled and moved on to her homework. She did it and went to bed. It was official: She loved Nickolas…

* * *

Ash was on the computer when the e-mail got to him. When he saw it (with no subject), he thought that it was a good one. Then he opened it and read the whole thing. It tore his heart apart to read it. So that was it… it was now officially over, and there was nothing more he could do?

"But-but-" he thought. "How am I going to move on? I still love her!" Then he cried, because it hurt so much…

-To be continued…-
---

The other disclaimer: I'm evil, did you know that? Well, that's just your opinion. But at least you can agree with me that I don't own Pokémon. I don't know… I could see Ash crying over this… just not too much. Maybe a couple of sobs. But I want to show that he CAN TOO cry as a teenager/adult! That, and I think it's sweet that he's crying over losing Misty like this.
As you can see, I call myself evil. I think I am (and my sister does too. I told her about some of the things to happen in AAMLS II, and she called me evil or something like that.)