Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ The Timetravelers: AAMLS I ❯ Off the Balcony ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer for the lazy: don't own Pokémon...
---
The Timetravelers: AAMLS I
Part Five: Off the Balcony…

The next day (October 4th[Friday])
Vermillion City, about 6 p.m.

Nickolas and Misty were in Vermillion City, walking on the pier. It was sunset, and the waters of the port reflected the beautiful scene in the sky. Couples were everywhere on the pier.

"Well, what do you want to do?" Nickolas asked Misty.

"I want to walk, that's all." So they kept walking. The boards would squeak every once in a while, but Misty wasn't afraid of falling though them. Nickolas would be there… always. They talked while they were walking. Misty was leaning on Nickolas, having a blast, and walking slowly with him… then she shivered. It was chilly outside. Nickolas handed her his jacket.

"I'll survive. I'm not that bothered by the cold." She nodded and put it on. The coat was still warm. She felt so secure. She knew she didn't need Ash anymore… she was free, and she felt great knowing that she wasn't bound to him. Misty made a mental note to thank Darren later. If it weren't for him, Nickolas would have never been with her. The love for him was stronger that ever…

* * *

The same day

Ash was still depressed.

"Why? Why was I stupid and pushed her away?" he asked himself. His parents heard him complain. Giovanni wasn't pleased at all about how the breakup went.

"That little brat," he said. "How dare she do that!"

"That's ok. Don't worry… I'll survive. I just have to move on." Giovanni nodded. He knew if Ash put his heart into it, he could. Delia wasn't too happy about the breakup either. As soon as Misty came back, she was going to give her a piece of her mind…

Meanwhile, Misty was still on her date with Nickolas. They had stopped in a diner for some food.

"Tonight's been wonderful. I've never felt this was before…"

"That's a big fat lie and you know it!" a sudden pesky corner of her mind said. But she just moved on like she had never thought that.

"So, do you want to meet my family tomorrow?" Nickolas asked.

"Sorry. Work."

"When are you off next?" he asked, smile on his face.

"Sunday."

"Ok then, Sunday it is. I'll come over and pick you up at five. Sound good?"

Misty nodded. She was excited because she wanted to meet the people who had raised this wonderful man. Who cares if he was only sixteen? He was wonderful and acted older than he was. When they were done, they went back to Pallet Town (Nickolas is psychic, it was hinted so in the last part). They saw an unexpected visitor at the door. It was Delia, and she didn't look too happy.

"Misty, was it really necessary to break up with my son like that? He hasn't been the same since you sent him that e-mail."

Misty was furious. Was that all she was here for? To complain about breaking up with her son? How dare she!

"If you are going to complain about him, you need to leave! It's none of your business how we broke up," Misty said.

Delia just sighed, knowing that this wasn't getting her anywhere. Then Misty turned around to start unlocking her door when she heard someone scream. That's when she turned around and saw that, for some reason, Delia had fallen off the balcony they were on onto the grass below. Misty screamed and went inside, where she called 911.

Later, everyone got to the hospital.

"What happened?" Giovanni asked.

"Well, we, uh… she fell! I turned around and she was on the ground…" She sobbed. Misty felt so guilty. What if Delia had purposely jumped off? What if she died? It was only the second floor… maybe she'd live! But she couldn't stop sobbing. Delia was so nice to her.

About fifteen minutes later, Ash came.

"What's wrong?" he asked Misty. She just slapped him.

"You just had to tell your parents, didn't you!?" Then she sobbed some more. " Your mother fell off the balcony in front of my apartment!"

"What?!" he yelled. Then he looked at her. "Are you going to be all right?" he asked with concern.

"NO! Go away! If I needed your help, I would have asked for it! I don't need you to make me feel better, I have Nickolas for that!" He just walked away.

"Then where is this boyfriend of yours? You need him the most right now, and he's not here?" he asked before he left.

"Shut up! He's probably working."

Ash left the room, still wondering where Misty's boyfriend was.

-To be continued…-
---
The other disclaimer: I don't own Pokémon… Delia won't fall off the balcony anytime soon. [Despite what the ones who hate her think. But who'd hate her? Hmm… everyone will be hated somewhere… just got to find them.]

I think a reviewer was confused. I never mentioned anything about people teleporting using teleporters. They're psychic... but oh well.