Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ The Timetravelers: AAMLS I ❯ Good News… and Very Bad News ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
disclaimer for the lazy: don't own pokemon.

Kukuku… I'm being evil [and using Bakura's (in the Yu-gi-oh! manga) evil laugh...]

---
The Timetravelers: AAMLS I
Part Seven: Good News… and VERY Bad News… (for Misty anyway)

???

Misty heard voices.

"Will she be ok?"

"Of course she will. She just needs rest, maybe some scar reducers and painkillers."

The voices were slightly blurred. Misty couldn't tell that well who was talking.

"Why did she go out?"

"Well, one reason was because she was whipped so many times. That's some blood loss, but not too much. She only got whipped enough to have a couple. She also got injected with something, but we're not sure what."

"When will she get out of the hospital?"

"I'm not sure at the moment. Once when we know what she got injected with and if it's a toxin, we'll tell you. But until then, I'd say no sooner than next Tuesday."

She got enough strength to open her eyes. Ash was talking to the doctor taking care of her. Misty tried to smile, but she was too tired. It was good to see Ash.

"Hey Misty. Feeling any better?"

Misty couldn't say anything. She was too tired and in too much pain.

"Ok. I see." Did he read her mind? Misty couldn't tell, even if she was just fine. It was impossible for her to tell.

"Excuse me, we need to run some tests on her now. Please leave." Ash waved and left the room.

They took samples for the tests. Misty was nervous. What if she dying? She had so much to live for! But the news they did bring back later was bittersweet… actually, it was more bad than good.

"Well, we have the results."

"What?" she choked out.

"Hmm… they injected you with a toxin that we have no name for, but it does have a name… but we do know what it did to you. I hope you weren't planning to have a large family in your lifetime."

"What do you mean?" She didn't like the sound of it.

The doctor sighed. "Well…" He then went into all the technical information that just confused Misty even more. "Ok, in short: You'll have children every six to ten years, if the toxin doesn't poison you anymore. If it does, then you can't have children. We'll try out best."

That was… bad. Bad. BAD!!! Well, for Misty anyway. She had always imagined herself with at least four children… but the way things were going… she'd be lucky to even have two! That was just cruel! Then Ash came in. He could visit now. Misty had started to cry. He wondered why, then the doctor told him.

"Wow. That's just horrible…" this also hurt him, mainly because it her Misty so much. That, and what if they didn't get together in the end? Then her dreams would be dashed because of one relationship… and what if Ash wanted a big family too huh? Is that inhumane? [well, that's your opinion]

"I'm sorry."

"For what? It's not your fault that I…" Misty couldn't bear to say it.

"No… seriously." He was. "It's all my fault. If it weren't for me, she would have never gotten hurt like this at all. She'd be just an ordinary college student who didn't have to worry about getting hurt like this…"

"No. It's not your fault. It's mine for falling in love with you in the first place. If I didn't love you, I would have never gotten here, now would I?"

The doctor stared at the two of them. "Well, I say that it is all TR's (shorthand for Team Rocket if you didn't know) fault for injecting her with the toxin in the first place."

"So?" they answered. "Someone had to start the cycle!"

"And blaming each other isn't going to help. Just move on with life. I'm sure you two can take on whatever comes your way. Plus, you have to remember that there is still hope even when it doesn't seem so. Like now. There is a slim chance she'll get the six to ten years… we just have to see. Give it time."

"When will we know?"

"We sent in the tests to the hospital that can do them… we should know by next week sometime. Until then… you'll have to hang tight."

Then a whole bunch of people came barging in. They all had presents. "Oh yah, I called your friends Misty. I thought you could use the company. Well, I have to go home. I have a project due tomorrow… see you." He kissed her on the cheek.

"Not in front of my friends!" she complained.

"At least it wasn't on the lips. Gotta go!" He left the room. Then all her friends stayed with her. She was in Viridian City, so all of her college friends were here too. And her teachers came bearing homework for her to do.

"What did I expect? Flowers?" But one teacher did bring flowers. Then at nine p.m., everyone was sent out and Misty fell asleep. The day's events tired her out.

* * *

The next day (October 7th, 2001)

Misty didn't have as much visitors today, since most of them were in school, and after that they had to study. But Ash did come over.

"Hey! I got you something!" It was a teddy bear. It was cute, with button eyes, soft yellow fur, and a red ribbon around its neck.

"AWW! Cute!" She hugged him the best she could considering that she was in the bed. "Thank you!"

"No problem." Then she kissed him. Ash smiled… he loved it when he got kissed. ^_^

"So, what's up?" he asked.

"Nothing. Did homework. That's about it. You?"

"I presented my project, and it was pretty good." They looked at each other.

"The doctor said I'd be out by next Wednesday," Misty said.

"I'll try to get it off. I should be able to. So, did you want to go somewhere?"

"I heard there was a festival in the Seafoam Islands."

"Sounds great to me!" Ash said. He loved being around Misty, and he liked going to the Seafoam Islands.

They sat in silence. They were looking at each other some more.

"I'm sorry about being a jerk to you when we weren't a couple," Ash said.

"Don't worry about it," Misty said to him. "As long as you're here with me now."

They were so close to kissing each other when Misty's mother Rachael walked in. Ash and Misty were shocked.

"Hi! Delia brought me over. I wanted to visit, and I wanted to give you this. I forgot to when you left." It was a blue photo album. Misty smiled.

"Uh… thanks." Then they started talking. Ash sat in the corner while they talked. He had all the time he wanted to talk to her later.

Soon Rachael had to go, leaving Ash and Misty alone again.

"Now, where were we?" They moved in again and, again, were close to kissing when Delia and Giovanni walked in. Delia was out of the hospital now. Talk about a speedy recovery!

"Not now!" Misty thought. "Can't we be alone for just five seconds?"

"Hi Misty! How are you?" Delia asked.

"I'm fine…"

Delia had brought some cookies for Misty. She smiled when she saw them. Sugar!

"Yum! Chocolate chip, my favorite! Thank you Mrs. Ketchum!"

"No problem. I consider you the daughter I never had." Misty was extremely flattered by that.

"Thank you…" she said, blushing.

"So when do you get out?" Giovanni asked.

"Next Wednesday."

"Want to come over for dinner that Thursday then?" Delia asked. Misty nodded. She loved Delia's cooking.

"Well, see you!" They left the room to let Ash talk to her. Or [What exactly is make out? Not sure of def. I think it's just a whole bunch of kissing, but…],(basically, they kissed) whichever you prefer. Oh, and they enjoyed every minute of it too. They were officially back together!

The doctor walked in. "Are you sure you need to be here? You seem just fine to me, judging by that."

They blushed. They didn't want the doctor walking in on them!

* * *

The Next Wednesday (think it's the 17th.)

Ash and Misty were waiting for the test results. The doctors were getting them now. Both of them were nervous. This was it… soon they'd know. Ash was holding her hand.

The doctor came in. They looked at him, waiting for the answer, hoping it was good news and not bad.

"Good news… you got lucky."

"How lucky?" they asked.

"You got your six to ten years." They cheered. It was the greatest news that they had heard the whole week. It was better to at least be able to have children infrequently then to never have them at all, eh?

They left the hospital. They were now ready to take on whatever life dished out to them, whether it be good or bad. They would always be there for each other.

-Ok, that's the end of this story…-

Next: AAMLS II! Another great work. ^_^
Come on, why would I call it AAMLS I if there wasn't going to be a second one?
---
The other disclaimer: I don't own Pokémon. I don't think they'd abuse their characters like this. Well, if you consider this all abuse. I think it is. But I'm weird like that.
And apperently I'm not that evil... but that was up to part four too...

I couldn't break them up!!!
But who knows what the next story will bring... he he he...

And thanks for the reviews! This is the most I've had for this series (I have this crossover that's gotten tons of reviews... well, compared to this). And I don't care what you said either! :) One person's criticism ain't going to stop me! I'll keep going until I'm done! And I'm not done yet...