Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ The Timetravelers: AAMLS II ❯ The Eternal Answer ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer for the lazy: Don't own pokemon.

More jazz:
-Nickolas is a Team Rocket member. Yep... he's BAAAAACK [He's in AAMLS I]
-Matthew is Ash's little brother.
-Celedons are evil [and run Team Rocket, but you don't need to know that] And so is their mansion. It scarred Ash for life. Anyone who has gone though Adia's manner lessons is scarred for life.
And don't ask what they are [or go see The Timetravelers: Who is Ash's Father, Part Five. It's called Adia's Manner Lessons. It's mean... if you don't like Ash getting tortured, it's not for you]
Oh look, it seems that I did mention Mk and Narcissa's mother in here. She's Adia, and she's freaking psycho!

Please note that Route One is a road/highway that goes between Pallet Town and Viridian City. Any fan of the Pokémon games would know that, and I'm one of them! ^_^

And in here is some history... yay?

---
The Timetravelers: AAMLS II
Part Three: The Eternal Answer

March 4th, 2006
Viridian City, 4:30 p.m.

It was raining outside. Naturally, Misty was annoyed. Everything had to be perfect! "This could ruin my hair!" she thought.

She was wearing her brand-new dress. It was pretty and plain, made out of a white shiny and silky material. There were sequins lining the v collar and the hem of the dress. The dress puffed out slightly. She wore gloves that went up to half of her upper arm. Her veil was her mom's old one. She was borrowing the shoes from her sister, and she was wearing blue stud earrings.

"There! Something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue!" Misty thought, proud that she'd gotten everything on the list.

As for the wedding party, it was her sisters and Misty's best friend. Misty's cousin was the flower girl. The dresses they were wearing were a light purple.

Meanwhile, Thomas was wearing a tux and was at the altar already. He had a cold smile on his face. Ash was nowhere to be found!

"You honestly think that you were meant for her? Then come and get her!" he yelled. But Ash didn't come. Thomas knew he wouldn't either. He had replaced Misty's love for Ash with his hatred. Thomas wanted Misty all for himself. He would have her the rest of his life. That, and he wanted revenge.

You see, Thomas Delton doesn't exist… This relationship was ANOTHER Celedon conspiracy!

In reality, Thomas was Nickolas. Yep, he's back. After the fiasco four years ago, he had decided that he wanted Misty back. She was such a loyal girlfriend. Nickolas had to plan carefully though. He was almost too late. The meeting in the restaurant was an accident… and his other job. His family wasn't paying him enough. It was the perfect time to get revenge against Ash. The poor guy… his heart was broken beyond anyone else's repair after that. The only one that could possibly heal it never would. Misty was Thomas's now.

"Soon Ash won't be able to help her at all, or help himself at that matter!" Nickolas/Thomas thought. "He's too confused. He doesn't know what he wants, and by the time he does, we'll be wed. Then he won't break us up! Bwahahahaha!"

* * *
Same day
Route 1

Ash was driving back to his apartment. The Jeep was cold because one of the zip-up windows was getting fixed.

He didn't care that Misty was about to get married. Why would he? It was her life, and it wasn't like he was in love with her…

He had been visiting his father and little brother at home earlier. His mom was at the wedding, considering that she and Misty were still friends. Giovanni didn't want to go. He didn't approve of the groom either.

"So now what? I'm single and don't know where to start to get another woman," Ash said.

"Two words: dating service," Giovanni replied.

"I heard that they were lousy," Ash said. He did hear that some were good, but most weren't. So then the father and son went into the conversation of where Ash should go and all the good dating services. Ash would still be there, but his father had gotten distracted.

"I'm 'ungry Daddy," Matthew said, tugging on his father's shirt.

"Just a second. Want dinner?" Giovanni asked.

"Nah. I'll make something at the apartment. Thanks anyway!" he had said.

Now Ash was driving home, thinking about what he should eat for dinner. Pikachu was sitting in the front seat of the car. He looked out the window and saw a river coming up. Then he jumped out the open window and ran towards the river.

"Pikachu!" Ash yelled. He pulled the car over and ran after his Pokémon friend. The rain soaked Ash as he was running. Then they both got to a very important spot.

The spot where Ash and Misty first met, a long time ago…

Ash looked around. It brought back the memories.

He was only ten when he first met her. Pikachu and Ash had fallen this very river. There seemed to be no way out, until she pulled them out. Misty didn't seem to like Ash much, considering that she'd slap him[1], and Ash fried her bike. But she came with him on his journey, claiming that she was only following because Ash owed her a new bike.

They had shared many things over the years. They had their battles, which Ash usually won, except for one[2]. They shared the happy times, the sad times, the dangerous times… almost anything that friends would share. Ash couldn't imagine his Pokémon journeys without her.

Until they got back from Johto. They went to Viridian, and that's when they learned that Misty had to go home. Ash was very upset by this. He didn't want her to leave. They had rarely been apart for about three years. Misty got her bike fixed, and it was time for her to go. But before she left, she gave him a handkerchief.[3] It had saved Pikachu once, but it also showed something to Ash. Although she couldn't be there physically, she'd always be there, no matter what.

Ash was happy to meet up with her several times in Hoenn. The second time they'd seen each other, that's when he knew that they were more than friends…

Misty had always been there after that. She'd been there when his mother couldn't come with him from the Celedon Mansion. She was there when he was hurt, she was there for him. Her love was everywhere…

It would be impossible for Ash to feel the same for anyone else. It was meant to be, no matter what everyone said, not him, not Misty, not Thomas, not anyone!

Ash's question had just been answered for him. "I still love her!"

"Pikachu!" Pikachu said in reply. He knew Ash still did. Now that's one smart Pikachu! Pikachu then hopped on Ash's shoulder.

"Thank you buddy. I would have never found out without you," Ash said.

"Pikapi! Pika!" Pikachu pointed at Ash's watch. 4:59

"Holy s---! I don't have much time! Let's go!" He teleported to the Jeep, then to the chapel. His life now depended on what he'd do, and if he'd get there in time…

* * *

Meanwhile, everyone had already walked down the aisle, except Misty, of course. Then the organist [4] started playing the wedding march. The guests then looked at the closed doors. They slowly opened, and the guests saw Misty and her father. Then they started walking down the aisle. Misty looked extremely happy that this day had finally come at last, after days of wishing that it'd come sooner. As for her father, he didn't show any emotion at all. It didn't seem that he approved of the man his daughter was marrying. [but then again, who does?] Thomas smiled as Misty walked in front of him and stood there. She was as good as his.

The priest then started talking. "Dearly beloved…" That's about all Thomas heard. He was too busy smiling at his latest crime, and how he had succeeded. All he wanted was for the priest to get to the 'I do's' so they could finally be married. Then he'd take her to a big Team Rocket meeting in a top-secret place for six weeks tomorrow night, and then it was to the Celedon mansion. There they'd start their new life together… forever!

Then the priest got to one of the most crucial lines (or at least I think) in the whole ceremony: [sorry if it isn't exact. I don't know the total line! I'm not that much of a genius. u.u]

"Whoever thinks that this couple should not be wed, speak now, or forever hold your peace."

That's when the doors in the back suddenly opened again. A very soaked Ash stood in the doorway. Many of Misty's friends gasped. What was he doing here? They all thought it was over… the love was gone…

Thomas was beyond pissed. "What in the world is HE doing here!? And why do they even put that line in the wedding?! Are they TRYING to break me and Misty up?" he thought. All he could do was glare at Ash, wondering why he was here.

"Ash? Why are you here?! Don't you see that I'm trying to get married here? I did file your paperwork last night, Mr. Takenshi was watching me do it!" Misty asked furiously.

"But I have to tell you something before you do," Ash said, walking up to her. Thomas kept up the death glare.

"Make it quick. I have better stuff to do than sit here and chat with a loser like you," Misty said, also glaring at him. Ash gulped. He didn't have time to stall; he had to say it now, or he'd be too late.

"I still love you," he said.

"WHAT?! Look, get over it!" Misty said. "I've moved on! Find someone else! I have my man now. It's over! I don't love you at all anymore!" She then pointed to the door. "Now go. I have other more important things to do than talk with a man like you."

"Wait! There's more!" he yelled. "Can I say some more before I leave?"

"Whatever. If it makes you happy," Misty said. "Just make it quick."

"I'd like to say, when you did love me…" he paused for a second, but just one. "You were the best thing that had ever happened to me. It seemed that you always made the worst situations look good in the end. You were there for me, no matter what happened. Did I ever do that to you?"

Misty paused. "That's in the past. Now go!" She again pointed to the doors that were slightly cracked. Ash hugged her. Misty screamed.

"Then I guess this is goodbye." Then he left. He did not look back at all. "At least I told her. Maybe I'll be able to live without her now…" he thought.

The doors slammed behind him. Then the priest sighed and continued the ceremony. Then he finally got to the 'I do's'. Misty and Thomas were looking at each other. Thomas said his first. Misty kept looking at him, not sure what to think.

"Do you…" Misty looked in Thomas's green eyes. She looked for something that she had never looked for before. What she was looking for didn't seem to be there… the love. Where was it? Then she actually listened to what the priest was saying. Did she really want to be with Thomas? Would she always be there for him? But more importantly… would he be there for him?

"Wait. Of all the time that Thomas and me were together, it seemed that he always loved money and power more than me. Then there's the fact that he would always be gone when I needed him the most. Like that one time when I had a cold. He didn't come over; he 'couldn't risk getting a cold'. So what if it was just a cold? I could have enjoyed his company. You know, he doesn't seem more than a friend that just happens to kiss me on a regular basis now that I think about it… wait. This can't be love!" she thought. "Then, who do I love?"

"As long as you both shall live?" the priest said.

"Uh…" she didn't know what to say. Then: "I don't."

"Huh? What?" the priest said in confusion. "If you don't want to be there for this man, then why are you here?"

"I have no clue. I should have never gone out with Thomas in the first place. You know, now that I think about it, I don't know what I was thinking when I even started going out with you, just like all the times I was abusing Ash… I'm going to leave now. I won't be here unless…"

Thomas glared. "HOW!? I know Ash didn't break the control! Did she do that all by herself?" Then he looked at her.

"Unless I'm here with the one I love. Now I'm going to go, and you better not follow!" Misty then took off her veil and [if she even had it on, her engagement ring] ran out.

Thomas then stared at her running out and teleported away. It looked like Ash had won this battle… that is, if that's whom Misty loved. Perhaps there was another…

-To be continued…-
---
The other disclaimer: Don't own that show [or anything else] called Pokémon. I don't think they'd ever hook up Pokémon characters at all.

Oh look, something broke the connection... oh what could it be? Hmm...

Ok, if you don't know what's coming up next, I'll have to give you the Dummy Award in advance. You see, I couldn't write a line and made the Dummy Award in my notebook. It's really kinda funny. It's a stick figure looking like a dummy.
And if you know, then you've got another chance to receive this amazing, made-up award you can't even show off because I have no way to give it to you!

Note:
[1] This wasn't in the dub version. Apparently it was in Japanese though. That figures. Did 4kids think that was too violent? I'd pay big bucks [if I had any] to see it…

[2] Who remembers that competition in the Whirl Islands? That's the only time that Ash lost to Misty…

[3] Or was it more like a bandana? I'm not too sure…

[4] organist, pianist, whatever.

A comment on a quote:
"This could ruin my hair!" she thought.
Me: Get over it!

And you know, Ash running into the chapel is my favorite visual for some reason. Him dripping in the doorway… I don't know. That's just awesome in my weird little world. ^_^
And I skipped typing it… for Yu-gi-oh. All for my sister. Besides, I wouldn't have paid that much attention to it, and it was good too! Tristan LOST HIS BODY! How honorable! And he told Serenity the truth before he went down. How sweet.