Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ The Timetravelers: AAMLS II ❯ The Other Part of the Eternal Answer ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer for the lazy: don't own pokemon.
---
The Timetravelers: AAMLS II
Part Four: The Other Part of the Eternal Answer

The same day (March 4th)
About 5:45-ish

Ash was leaning on the railing of the concrete steps. It was still pouring cold rain. He wanted to see Misty happy with another man before he left. Maybe it was best for her to be with Thomas. At least she'd be safe from the Celedons now. Also, he needed to talk with his mother. Ash needed some emotional support, and he knew that his mother would give him some. Then he shivered. The rain was getting to him. It was so cold…

He looked up at the sky. "Well, at least I had her once. I think I'll be able to move on… I think." Then he noticed that the rain was dropping on his face, and it was numbing it. "If only the rain could make me feel better…"

Then the doors to the chapel opened. Misty ran out alone.

"What? Where's your husband?" Ash asked, confused.

"But I don't love him. I love you."

Oh boy, was he happy. Then she got close and they hugged. [Aww-ness.] They didn't notice that the rain was soaking them at all. They didn't care at all anymore. Misty didn't even care about her hair, which took her an hour to fix.

Then Ash's mother ran out. She held her waterproof camera and snapped some pictures. The couple didn't even notice she was there; they were too busy kissing each other.

"Ash! If you stand there any longer, you'll catch a cold!" Delia finally yelled. They turned around.

"Hi Mom. What's up?" Ash asked.

"Not much. Please, get out of the rain before you two get sick!" she said. "You guys are soaking wet!"

A limo then pulled up to the curb, waiting for the wedding party that wasn't coming. But Misty had to get her suitcases out of the trunk. She came back with two heavy suitcases, one on wheels. "Ok, I have my luggage, now what do I do? I don't have anywhere to go."

"I have an idea. Knowing your father, he hasn't made dinner yet." Ash nodded at his mother's comment. He never really liked cooking on his own and only did it when he was extremely hungry. That's what happens when you live in a mansion for most of your life, then move to a house with no cooks. "So how about you two change clothes and I'll meet you down there?"

Ash nodded, and so did Misty. Then they went to Ash's car, where Pikachu was sitting in the front seat again, shivering. The car got teleported to Ash's parking spot, and then they all went upstairs to go get dressed into some drier clothes. They saw that Mk, Lance and Arielle were already in his apartment for some reason. Mk and Arielle smiled when they saw them, all wet and smiling. All they needed to see was that Misty was in his apartment to know that they were back together.

"All right!" they yelled.

"It's nice to see you didn't marry the jerk," Mk said. "I hated him. But now we'll never see him again!" She was smiling.

"I'm glad I didn't marry him. I still don't know what I was thinking. I could have made the biggest mistake of my life…" Misty said, drifting off.

"Are you guys trying to pawn off dinner on me? Because we have other plans, and I'm not cooking dinner tonight," Ash said. The others shook their heads.

"We came to give you emotional support! But it's obvious that you don't need it, so we'll get going. See ya!" Mk said. Then they all left to give the lovebirds and Pikachu some privacy like they said.

The couple got dressed. Both of them wore long-sleeved shirts; the rain had gotten to them. They were now freezing. Misty took the time to blow-dry her hair.

"I still don't see the point," Ash said. "Why even dry it? We're only going to my parent's house. They won't care."

She just shook her head, and then she brushed her hair again. It was messy from getting blow-dried. As soon as she was done, Ash teleported them (including Pikachu) to his parent's house. Delia and Giovanni were sitting down at the couch, and Matthew was bored. Giovanni was watching the news, and Matthew loathed the news. In his eyes, it was the most boring thing on TV. But when he saw Misty in the doorway, he gave her a big smile.

"Misty!" he yelled. She was like a big sister to the little boy, mainly because she was always around. Besides, he hadn't seen her since November. So Misty gave him a hug.

"Hey Matthew. How've you been?" she asked.

"Bored. And 'ungry," he said. Giovanni glared.

"I got the hint the first time," he said with slight anger, still glaring. Misty giggled.

"Speaking of which, what's for dinner?" she asked.

"Chicken patties and fries. It's in the oven." Giovanni could never make anything fancy; again, it was the mansion's fault.

Matthew kept watching the news because he had nothing else better to do. Ash and Misty sat down on the floor because everyone else had taken all the chairs. They were leaning against each other. Then Giovanni changed the channel for his son, and Matthew cheered. His favorite show was on now.

Delia got up and went to make some dessert. Misty then decided to help her, and Ash moved to his mother's empty spot on the couch. Misty came back five minutes later, and it was back on the floor. Then they started talking about how Pikachu basically saved their relationship. Isn't that cool? Misty thought so.

They kept talking until dinner was ready. They ate it in silence. Next they had a basic dessert: pudding. Delia had cake in the oven too. Matthew was a mess afterward though, so his mother had to go and give him a bath. Good thing that Matthew loved baths.

Then the couple had nothing to do. Matthew and Delia were in the bathroom and Giovanni was reading the paper. So they decided to go where Pikachu had taken Ash earlier. The rain had stopped, but the sky was still gray. You could tell that Ash and Pikachu had been there by the footprints left there.

"You know, I never really thought of this place as important until Pikachu brought me back," Ash said.

"I guess," Misty said. "I never really thought about this place at all."

"Hey, can I ask you something?"

[Ok, if you don't know what's gonna happen next, I give you… the Dummy Award! Too bad you all can't see my notebook for the illustration… I should illustrate somewhere it for you. And after this, go see my psycobabble at the bottom of the part!]

Hearts were racing, palms were sweating, and the sun came out behind the clouds.

"will you marry me?"

Bwa! Wrote it! All thanks to Mk. *insert cheers*

"I'd be happy to!"

*Insert cheers from the audience here*

Ash went into his coat pocket. He had still kept the engagement ring, only because he'd spent so much money on it. It was actually a surprise to Misty, considering when he proposed the first time, she slapped him as soon as he asked. It looked pretty.

[Anyway], Ash slipped the ring on their finger and then they started hugging and kissing. They didn't want this moment to end, never ever.

Then Ash's cell phone rang, ending the moment. He picked it up, not sure who it could be.

It was his mom. "The cake's ready, if you want any."

"Ok. Let's go." Ash, yet again, teleported them to the house. On the kitchen table, Delia was icing the cake. She was putting pretty pink roses on it. It looked like she was having a blast too. Meanwhile, Giovanni had taken over the TV again, considering that it was almost Matthew's bedtime. He looked at the two and noticed the ring on Misty's slim little finger.

"Already? That was fast," he commented, smiling.

"I know," Misty said. "But I'm not complaining at all."

"What's fast? Did something happen and I didn't notice?" Delia asked while putting more roses on the cake.

"We're engaged."

"Already? Well, I shouldn't be surprised at all. You two have been together for so long," she commented. "Congratulations!"

"Thanks!" Soon it was time for cake, but Giovanni had gotten some wine for the occasion. They had the cake and drank some wine. It was all good. During that, they made some plans.

"When's the wedding?" Delia asked.

"Well, if we don't want Team Rocket interference, it has to be in six weeks or less," Ash said. It was only natural to not want them interfering with your wedding. Who knows what they could do?

"How do you know that?" Misty asked, confused.

"Weren't you listening yesterday? We were talking about it during the meeting."

"Oh. I wasn't paying attention." Misty looked down at the floor. She was too busy thinking about the wedding to pay attention.

"After that, they'll be around. Honestly, I don't want them to, but I don't know if you wanted to have it so soon."

"When's the last possible day?" Misty asked.

Ash did the math in his head. "Uh, the 15th of April."

"I think we all can plan a wedding in that much time. How about you?" Misty asked.

"Of course we can!" the others said.

"So, until then, I still don't have a place to stay. I moved my stuff into a warehouse, and I don't have my apartment…"

"Hey, I have a spare room in my apartment, just waiting to be used," Ash said.

"Ok then. Well, we better get going. Who knows what's going to happen tomorrow."

Ash then teleported to the apartment, where they found that everything was now clean, and the guest room was already set up. On the back of the door was a note:

"I know, we're good. Congrads." Then the Timetravelers down the hall signed it.

"They are good. Well, I'm taking a shower," Misty said.

"And I'm going to bed. Goodnight."

-To be continued…-
---
The other disclaimer: Don't own Pokémon. If I did, this would be in script format, then it'd be shipped off to Japan! Silly people.

Hey! You people! CHEER! They're together again! :)

You can go now if you don't want to read my psychobabble
I couldn't write this line. I have problems like that. Well, it's not that I couldn't physically do it, it was a mental problem. And look at the beauty of Microsoft Word in here!

Ok! Psychobabble time! Yay! So now I've got to write this line. Last time I had Mk to help me out. He he. So, she's like calling me lazy and tells me to "write the freakin' line! NOW!" hey, it's hard work writing out a line like that. And she told me "Don't take the shortcut either! Just write …" CRAP! *nervous* *nervous* "Just write will you marry me?" SCORE! But now I'm babbling on. Hehehe. Oh, and she told me to put in "emotions". Ok, romance isn't my strongest point here! Oh, and she glared at me too! *glares back* Man, I like her. She's the only person who'd speak though. She did on several occasions in the purple notebook [where I originally wrote the Beginning], but I had to cut. The Beginning is long enough without her babbling on. And before you say anything, this is getting deleted!
Mk: That's right it is!

I'm so insane.
Mk: Yep, you are!
Me:... ok, I need to be somewhere.