Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ The Timetravelers: Time of Danger ❯ The Beginning of the True Endenflare ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer for the lazy: I don't own Pokémon.

Note that Mk's real name is Nayana. Just in case you didn't know.

And I need to post that other story sometime. It has the other point of view in it, and it's really good. Besides, it explains something that's mentioned in here more. You wouldn't get it if you just read this… I don't think.

---
The Timetravelers: Endenflaré
Part Two: The Beginning of the True Endenflare

June 1st, 2006
TT HQ, 5:20 p.m.

Everyone was hanging out at the HQ. Life was going out as they had planned it. The missions were easy, everyone was having a great time, and no news of the 9 psychic. No news of him or her was good news. Who knows how much damage this person could cause? No one wanted to know. So they just sat back and enjoyed life to the fullest. Today was no exception. Mr. Takenshi came in, holding a laptop. Today was a mini-meeting, since it was Thursday. The laptop was set up so he could type notes.

"Any news?" he asked.

"I want to kick some Timetraveler butt."

Everyone turned around. A sixteen-year-old boy who had snuck in somehow was standing right next to Mr. Takenshi. He had long (James-like) brown hair, blue eyes, and he was wearing a suit.

"Who are you?" Mk asked, surprised that he had gotten in without being detected.

"What a shame, Nayana. You don't know me?"

Mk glared. "How do you know who I am?!" Good thing Ash and Misty weren't around yet. They were running late. And just after she said that line, they entered.

"Who's that guy?" Ash asked.

"Me? Jonathan Giovanni. It's nice to see you, Ash. Oh, and I want a battle!" He pointed at Mr. Takenshi. "Give me your best three, and I'll destroy them, I assure you!"

"Hmm… we'll see. Arielle, Ash, Mk, you three are up."

Misty gasped and went in front of Mr. Takenshi. "You have to be kidding! You can't--" She didn't want to think about what would happen to her husband if that man was the 9 psychic they were talking about.

"I've made my decision. One woman can't change my mind. Besides, how bad could it be?"

Meanwhile, Jonathan Giovanni had taken them to a junkyard. There was assorted junk everywhere, but not near them. He smiled.

"So, Ash, ready to die?" he asked.

"Who said I was gonna die?"

Jonathan Giovanni smiled and made him fly back into a pile of junk, then into another. Next, he gripped Ash and tossed a couple of psychicballs at his body. One hit Ash's head, and he fell to the ground.

"I DID!" Jonathan Giovanni yelled. Then he laughed.

Mk and Arielle gasped. Nobody had prepared them for an enemy like this. He was able to beat Ash down before he even had a chance to hit him! And he's one of the best the Timetravelers had, ever!

"Next?" Jonathan Giovanni asked. Mk stepped up. If she was going down, she was going to make it easier for Arielle to take him down. She started quickly with a full psybeam. It took some wind out of him.

"Come on Nayana. Is that all you got?" he asked. "I know that you can do better than that-- oh wait. You aren't ingrevated like me. So stupid of me."

Mk was pissed. First off, he took a full psybeam like if was nothing, and second, he was rubbing it in that she wasn't ingrevated yet! So she tried throwing him against some junk, but it didn't work. She tried everything: psybeams, psychicballs, heck, she was even willing to try impulses [1], but soon she couldn't. Mk had thrown a psychicball at Jonathan Giovanni, and he caught it.

"HEY! That's MY secret technique!" she yelled angrily.

"So? I know it." Then he threw the psychicball at her, and one of his own afterward. The two of them combined knocked her out. Jonathan Giovanni then stared at Arielle.

"So, little Arielle, you're next. And this time, none of your friends are here to help you. Nervous?"

She was, but she knew she couldn't run now. Since she was 8.8 ingrevated, she would have the best chance against him. Besides, she couldn't let her friends down now.

"It's none of your business. I'll try my best!"

It was an honorable fight. The attacks flew, and both of them were exhausted after quite a bit of fighting.

"I haven't had this much of a challenge in a while. I'm impressed. You're better than I was told you were," Jonathan Giovanni said to her. He was panting.

Arielle was on her knees, too exhausted to do anything. She wasn't the best person when it came to psychic combat. But she had done such a good job. Maybe it was the pressure.

"Too bad you have to die," he continued.

"I did my best. I have no regrets," she told him. "I'd rather die this way if you ask me." That was how she felt too. It seemed that her sister had taught her something. [Her sister poisoned her mind! ^^]

Jonathan Giovanni gave her a psychicball to the head like he had done to Ash earlier. Then he pulled one of his hands from behind his back. A psychicball that he had caught from her earlier was there, floating slightly away from his palm. Next he started charging on it, and the ball glowed dangerously as he charged it some more.

"I wonder if Nayana came up with this too."

Mk stirred and looked up. She saw him charging another one of her secret techniques. It was called a psychicbomb. It had so much power, it was just plain scary. When she first did the technique, she had taken up so much grass and dirt with it that it was shocking. Mk then tried mustering up as much power as she could. The clock was ticking, and if she didn't teleport them away, the three of them would die, and Time would be severely altered…

Just as Jonathan Giovanni threw the bomb, Mk teleported them away. When all the smoke cleared, all he saw was blank space. He knew the three of them had escaped.

"Oh well. I got two of them. That should cripple them severely." He teleported away.

* * *

TT HQ, 7 p.m.

Misty was pacing Mr. Takenshi's office nervously. What if Ash died? How would she move on without him? It seemed impossible to her.

Then, the phone rang. "Please be Ash. Please tell me he's all right…" She could just imagine his face on the phone now, telling them of their victory over that one guy. But the news they got wasn't what she want or expect to hear.

There was a doctor in a white coat on the phone. "We have your Timetravelers in Viridian City. Two are in critical condition and one is just unconscious."

"Who's unconscious?" Mr. Takenshi asked.

"The orange-haired girl."

Misty felt the dread go though her body. This wasn't what she wanted to hear. Oh, and there was more.

"What about the other two?" Mr. Takenshi asked.

"Well, the redhead girl we got should be fully recovered in two to five years, but the man we got most likely won't live."

Misty sobbed and slid slowly down to the floor.

"In how bad shape are the other two?"

"They both are in a psychic coma [2], and both are hooked to life support. The girl should make a slow and steady recovery, and the orange-haired girl will be ready to go in about a week or so."

"Thank you. Goodbye." Mr. Takenshi hung up the phone, shocked that he had lost two of his best to just one man. He held out his hand and helped Misty up.

"Come on. I'll take you to the hospital." Then he went to the meeting room, where Lance had stayed. Mr. Takenshi took both of them to the hospital.

The first stop was Mk's room. She had regained consciousness.

"I'm sorry, I tried my best, but it wasn't enough to stop him. Ash got a psychicball to the head and it looked like Arielle did too," she told them. Lance quickly ran out of the room. Misty stared at the now open door, wondering why he had left in such a hurry.

"So, I'm assuming that this Jonathan Giovanni lad is the 9 psychic sent to this time?"

"He has to be. Sir, he knew all of our names, even mine. You were there for that. It seemed that he knew all of us personally, or he's done a whole lot of digging. And he knew techniques that only I know, and I never taught anyone those…" Mk was still upset about the whole thing. She felt beaten, and she was.

"We'll go. I want a report on this as soon as you're up to it," Mr. Takenshi said. Mk nodded.

Next was Arielle's room. The redhead was all bloody and bruised. Lance was already there, crying. Misty felt sorry for him. She was never aware that they were dating, or about Lance's past. [Now go read that story… wait. It's not posted. Silly me. But when it is… go and read!!!]

The doctor there then went into an explanation of her condition.

"She'll be fine. Even though she took a lot of damage out there, her body withstood it quite well. The only reason she's in a coma is because of the psychicball to the head. The radiation will slowly go away and she'll be up in about two to five years or so. From what we could tell, there was no permanent brain damage and we're pretty sure there's no memory loss. All she needs is time; that is the best medicine we could give her now." Then he looked at Arielle's scars. "All the physical damage will be gone soon though. Visiting hours are supposed to be from 3-6 p.m., but if you want, you can stay ten minutes and we won't kill you."

Mr. Takenshi talked to Lance, but Misty wasn't paying attention at all. If Arielle was this bad… then how bad was her husband?!

He looked even worse than Arielle. Tears were contagious today; soon Misty was crying next to him.

"Hmm… slammed into sharp junk piles, gets gripped, then psychicballs? He's lucky to even be alive, but I don't think he'll survive. We can't keep him on life support forever, and unless his condition changes enough, we'll most likely have to cut it." The doctor looked at the two of them in the room. "I'm sorry to break this up, but visiting hours are from three to six. You need to leave."

Misty sighed and got up. She stroked her husband's cheek.

"I believe he'll be fine. He'll come back to me."

* * *

Ash's mind!

A six-year-old Ash was looking at the most beautiful woman that he'd seen in his six years of memory [see 2]. He seemed to be not paying attention to his surroundings: a barren wasteland with tall, rocky, snow topped mountains in the background.

"Are you an angel?" he asked in his cute six-year-old voice.

The woman didn't answer. The noise coming out of her mouth wasn't understandable. It seemed more like she was making noises for no good reason.

"You're such an angel. I'll call you Angel!"

What logic.

Then, she stroked his cheek. Ash tried touching her, but all he felt was air. He didn't understand why she could touch him, but he couldn't touch her. She faded away, and Ash was all alone…

-To be continued…-
---
The other disclaimer: I don't own Pokémon, and that's sad. Oh well. I move on.

Note:
[1] It's a dangerous technique that usually kills or severely injures everyone, even the user.

[2] If you didn't quite get it, a psychic coma is a coma where you can't do anything on your own, and in your mind… well, let's get explaining.
-How old you are in your mind is how old you felt before you got in that state. For instance, Arielle felt like her mature self, so she's sixteen in her mind, where Ash is six because he felt as helpless as a six-year-old.
-You only have memory of those years, but you see everyone you've seen in your life, even past the memories that you have.
-As for the background, no one knows. Some say it's a reflection of your soul, some say it's that person's ideal place to be… no one is exactly sure.

I think that's it. To the next part!