Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ The Timetravelers: Who is Ash's Father? ❯ Home at Last ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer for the lazy: I do not, I repeat, do not own Pokémon or anything that's copyrighted or owned by rich people in this story. Please don't sue me…
---
The Timetravelers: WIAF
Part Two: Home at Last!

April 20, 1999
Pallet Town, 6 a.m.

The ferry from the Seafoam Islands was docking at the Pallet Town port. Ash and co. walked off the ferry onto the dock. Ash was glad to be back home. He had done well at whatever there is in Hoenn. If it's a competition, I bet he placed in the top four. Pattern would say that. But I'm not sure and don't want to make anything up. Ash could not wait to get home and talk to his mom about all he had done in Hoenn, and to talk about his father…

They walked out of the port into the town. The group saw, to their delight, that Pallet Town had recently gotten its own Pokémon Center. In front of it was a very familiar face.

"Hi Mk! Nice to see you again!" Ash yelled. Mk smiled and walked over to them.

"Hi guys! Long time no see. How've you been?" Ash told her about what he accomplished in Hoenn. "Cool! Well, I have to go to your house and talk to your mom," she told them. "I'll teleport you all there, as soon as I get the image from Ash's mind." When she did, they were teleported there. Mrs. Ketchum [or Delia] was at the door waiting for them.

"Hi honey. I have breakfast done already." She then stared at Mk in her Timetraveler uniform. "Can I help you?" She looked very nervous.

"I need to talk to you in private when you have a spare moment," Mk said.

"Ok. Come on in. You can have some food if you want any. I made too much."

"Thanks!" Mk said. They all walked inside and put slippers on their feet. [1] They all found a spot to sit down and eat, then ate the breakfast kindly made by Delia. The people talked while they ate.

"Did anyone hear the rumors about some Pokémon Master coming back?" Ash asked. They had heard the rumors on the ferry to Pallet Town.

"Yah. That one famous one's back from years of Team Rocket imprisonment." Mk knew because the Timetravelers (aka Lucille) [2] rescued him.

"Which one?"

"Oh, just Giovanni Ketchum [3]"

Everyone gasped. He was coming back? That's like a dream come true for all the kids in the room. He was the most famous Pokémon Master to date. People strived to gain his legendary status, Ash being one of them. He had been everywhere and done everything. Ash knew for a fact he wasn't his father because his mother had told him upright that it wasn't true at all a long time ago. Delia and this Giovanni were just close friends, that's all. Plus, this Giovanni never got married.

"Awesome!" all the kids yelled. They hoped that he would come to Pallet Town. It was his hometown after all. Then, Mk pulled Delia over, and Ash tagged along.

"I'm here to protect your son," Mk said.

"From what exactly?" Delia asked. She looked very nervous again.

"From anyone who wants to hurt him, and there's a long list, mostly people from the future that want to stop their problem now and kill him." Mk talked like this was nothing at all, but to her, it wasn't. She knew that she could take them on.

"What's he done in the future?" Delia asked.

"I'm not allowed to say. Anyway, I needed to tell you so that way you don't think I'm a stalker or something."

"If you need somewhere to stay, I have guest bedrooms upstairs," Delia offered.

"Ok, thanks." Mk then took the big duffel bag and the suitcase she had taken with her and put it upstairs in an empty room.

Next, they decided to visit Professor Oak's lab. Mk was excited; the professor was dead in 2023, and she'd never seen him before. [4] Anyway, they entered the lab. The professor was writing poetry today with Ash's Kingler.

"Hi professor! Hi Kingler! How are you guys doin'?" Ash asked.

"Hello Ash. I see that you're fine." They all heard Professor Oak's new poem. It didn't make sense to any of the kids at all because it was deep. Then there was a knock on the door. "Come in," Professor Oak said.

"OH MY GOD, IT'S HIM!!!" May yelled at the top of her lungs. Giovanni [the good one] was standing in the doorway. He looked like he was happy to be back. Max looked excited too.

"Hello Professor. Hello Delia. I haven't seen you guys in a while," he said. He sounded glad to be back too. May and Max were standing there, admiring the Pokémon Master. Then he turned over to Ash and Pikachu, which had taken his position on Ash's shoulder again. "Are you a Pokémon trainer?"

"You bet I am! I'm Ash. It's a honor to meet you sir!"

Giovanni smiled. "I'm assuming this is your son Delia?" She nodded. "You were always into those strange names when you were a kid. I remember that pet Eevee you named Pearl. Whatever happened to it anyway?"

"Oh, it ran away one day, I guess," Delia said.

"Like you?"

Everyone was speechless. What did he mean by ran away? Only Delia, Giovanni, and Professor Oak knew what he was talking about. The kids and Mk had no clue.

"Ran away from where?" Ash asked. He was very curious because his mom never talked about her past after a certain point.

"He doesn't know?" Giovanni asked. Delia looked at the floor.

"About what?" Ash asked.

"You haven't told him yet? He has to be near fourteen years old, am I right?" Giovanni had done the math in his head, and that's what he came up with.

"Yes. I haven't told him." She looked guilty. "I should tell him now…" She took a deep breath, and then there was a big commotion outside. Everyone ran outside to see what it was…

-To be continued…-
---

Bwahahahaha! Cliffhanger!

The other Disclaimer: I don't own Pokémon. If I did, Ash's father wouldn't be a mystery at all… and that'd be good!
But, you know, why do we want to know? Is it important for us to know? Hmmm… something to think about.

Note:
[1] I know for a fact that this is true. Just look at their feet whenever someone is in the Ketchum household. They wear the Japanese slippers. (... now has anyone else noticed? Hmm... oh well. Now you know!)

[2] Random fact: This is what sent time over to what it is. So this is what "destroyed" Lucille/M2 Nayana.
... and if you don't get it... don't worry. It's the last story again.

[3] Remember the Giovanni from the prologue? It's him. And as for that last name… maybe I'll explain later.

[4] Random fact: One of Mk's dreams were to be a Pokémon professor…

In other news... I use the ... a lot! And I mean a lot!
And my middle name's Pearl. Really! I'm not embarassed to admit it to complete strangers!
[besides, you don't know my last name, so you can't stalk me! Bwhahahaha!]