Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ The Water’s Reflection ❯ The Captive ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Part 3: The Captive

He wished that if he were able to wake up, this whole thing would be just a bad dream.

But even waking up did not seem to make much difference.

A pain, sharp and raged like a repeated wisps' sting, shot over and over though his right leg, sending his mind back into half conciseness behind closed eye lids.

Ash thought back to just that morning.or had it been longer ago?

************

The day had started out bright and sunny and he had returned to his home of New Bark Town with his lone companion, as well as his first pokemon, Pikachu. When professor Elm had first given him the electric mouse Pok'mon it had been less than willing to even obey orders, but by this time they had become great friends. In fact, their partnership had won them half the badges in all Johto within three years, a league record.

However, this day, as fate would have it, Professor Elm happened to be working on a new experiment: A machine, which if successful, would be half the size of a normal poke ball even in small carry form. Instead of storing a Pok'mon within it, the device would "dog tag" the Pok'mon and send it to another realm of peaceful space where it could roam and live freely until the master needed it.

***********

Ash winched as he felt something gently moving his leg. He could nearly hear the words of so short a time ago, echoing as though they were being said down a long hollow tunnel.

*************

"Much more civilized to the Pok'mon than a tiny PC box or a cramped poke ball don't you think?" Elm said

"Yeah professor that sounds cool!" Ash replied

"Pika!" Pikachu whole heartily agreed

Ash pressed his face to the clear dome that held the tiny metal miracle, no bigger than a modern day computer chip.

"Sure looks hi-tech Pikachu." He mused

"Pichi.." Pikachu added his mouth curved in an impressed "oh"

"Please, please, you two! That machine is still in the highly sensitive experimental stages, there's no telling what contact with a living organism may do.."

Professor Elm said, frantically snatching up Pikachu

"That's all right professor, if I'm going to be a Pok'mon master I've got to learn to take risks. Things like come everyday for trainers like me, right Pikachu?"

"Pikachu." The electric mouse replied, looking unsure

Suddenly the dome around the machine began to glow and the glass shattered, beams of light radiating out like a newly born sun.

Professor Elm dived out of the way quickly with Pikachu in tow, holding a hand out toward him.

"Ash! The transporter is reacting to the energy in your older style poke balls! You must not let yourself be sucked in!"

His every muscle braced against the raging wind coming from the light, Ash reached out his arm.inch by inch each step he took a battle of his will.

Suddenly, a peace of glass came flying, just a sliver really, hardly worth noticing normally, and cut into his leg.

It was enough.

The world seemed to move in slow motion to him from that moment.

The pain. His concentration broken, he fell flat on his stomach and was drug across the lab floor backward, as helpless as a Magikarp on a hook.

The room suddenly was rimed with a sunset like light as the vortex swallowed him whole. At the other end he could just barely see Pikachu being forcefully held back, eyes full of tears.

"PIKA PIIIIIII!" It screamed

*************

Ash's own scream joined that of his memory as he snapped fully awake. That is, it would have been a scream if the leather collar around his neck had not been keeping him from making the smallest sound. His eyes came back into focus slowly. He was in a cage it bedded with golden straw and wearing only a loincloth that looked to be made of a mixed cousin of moss and cloth.

"Chiko? Ci..ci.." A taken aback nosie said

Ash looked down slowly.slowly to his leg.

This dumb collar must be tied down.

He though to himself, testing the limit of an unseen chain as he rased his head further

Hey,it's the same Chikorita from that strange forest!

"Chikri!" The plant pokemon exclaimed joyfully and dipped it's leaf to one side, scattering a tiny waterfall of shining dust.

Its using Synthesis.

He observed in awe, wondering at the actually use of a pokemon move on a human.

The glass in his leg was gone, and as he watched in wonder, the little Chikorita's healing powder seemed to be slowly closing the wound.

"Chi!" It said happily and smiled up at him.

Boy, you're a cool pokemon. Ash thought, and smiled back, silently letting out a laugh Too bad you aren't on my team.

"Cici, ri.ko." The pokemon said softly, sounding a little sad but hopeful as it turned around, looked back for moment, and then walked out pass Ash's limited line of vision.

Somewhere just pass the corner of his eye the young boy heard the sound of a heavy door being locked .