Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ The Way The Winds Blow ❯ Battles in Rustboro and The Invitation ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay, so after a weeks worth of pondering, I finally came up with a great plot! You can't just have Kamon and Sakana wandering aimlessly on a Pokèmon journey, now can you? That'd be boring. -___- Oh yeah and I'm going to slow my updates also. I can't just rush into chapters, `cause they don't look as good. And I have a life to attend to. I'm probably talking to myself since no one ever reads these. Too bad…

Disclaimer: Go to the first chapter and leave me alone.

`…' Is thoughts or quotes inside quotes

"…" Is speech or quotes

And from now on, thoughts in italics are telepathic connections. (You'll see later…)

The Way The Winds Blow

A trainer fic by Swampert_Lover

Chapter 6-Battles in Rustboro and The Invitation

Kamon smirked. He had studied all the leaders weaknesses and what types they used, and he was bound to win. All he had to do was call out his Blastoise and it would be over in seconds. This was a rock type gym, and with his water type Pokèmon he had this in the bag.

"Go, Blastoise!"

But unfortunately, it didn't happen that way.

"You'd think a Pokèmon Master wouldn't be this predictable. I choose you, Electrode!"

The ball shaped Pokèmon erupted from its Pokèball on to the field. It was red and white and held a big smirk on its face.

"Fat chance, Roxanne!" Kamon bluffed, knowing it wouldn't be so easy anymore.

`What is a electric Pokèmon doing here, this is a rock gym!' Kamon thought to himself.

He heard a voice in his head. `She probably knew you were coming to challenge her and prepared!' `Funny,' he thought. `That kinda sounds like Fat and Ugly over there.' `Hey, I wouldn't be talking, you look like Mr. Potato man!' `Okay, that's definitely not my conscience,' He turned to look at Sakana, who was beaming. `I formed a telepathic connection! Fun huh? Now use Dig, if you ever taught your Blastoise it!*' Kamon smirked. He had taught his Blastoise Dig. He knew it would help one day.

"Electrode, Tackle!" commanded Roxanne.

"Blastoise, Dig!" Kamon said, before Electrode's Tackle could hit. The Pokèmon burrowed under the ground, unseen by the Electrode. Electrode looked around in confusion.

"Now!" called Kamon. Electrode was knocked out when Blastoise came out from under the ground under it.

"Came back, Electrode." Roxanne returned the Pokèmon, and called out another. "Go, Onix!"

`Pfft. Easy.' "Hydro Pump, Now!"

Two pumps emerged from the top of Blastoise's shell, ejecting a forceful spray of water at Onix. Onix was knocked unconscious immediately, not being able to handle the attack.

Kamon returned his Pokèmon, as did Roxanne. "Here," said Roxanne, tossing Kamon a badge. "It's the Stone Badge."

"Hey! Can I battle you too?" asked Sakana from the sidelines.

"Sure, but you'll have to wait around thirty minutes. My Pokèmon need to be healed."

Sakana went over to Kamon, grabbed his wrist, and dragged him out of the gym.

"C'mon Kamon, I want to go to the mart and buy some Pokèballs!" Sakana said one they were outside.

"Do we have to…" mumbled Kamon, who felt like he was being held prisoner.

They walked over to the Pokèmart and were about to go in, when a rock fell on Kamon's head. Sakana giggled at him, then gestured at the rock.

"Look, it has a letter attached! It's probably ours!"

"How do you know it's for us?"

"Because it says so, look!"

Sakana read the letter aloud.

"Dear Mr. Kamon Danko and Ms. Sakana Mizu,

You have been invited to the Trainers Gala, an exclusive gathering of trainers. Our goal is to bring trainers together. The event will be held on June twenty seventh, eight o' clock sharp at the Rayquaza Plaza in Lilycove. Dress appropriately! Enclosed are two VIP tickets. Hope to see you there!"

"Weird…" breathed Kamon, craning over Sakana to read the letter. "They just sent it anonymously, and it's so short!"

"June twenty-seventh is only 5 five weeks away!" Sakana squealed in delight.

"Astute observation, would you like to tell us more? About how the grass is green perhaps?" Kamon said sarcastically. Sakana just shot him a sour look. Then something dawned on both of them.

"If this is a gala… I'll probably have to bring a date!" they both said to themselves in horror. They picked up the letter and tickets, and went inside the mart, shopping for Pokèballs.

They didn't say (or think) a word to each other the entire time.

________________________________________________________________ __

Still a bit flustered, the duo walked back into the gym.

`How are you going to challenge Roxanne with a Skitty? Normal attacks don't do much damage against rock types,' Kamon conversed telepathically to Sakana.

`I know that, just wait and see! This Skitty is different!' she bit back.

Kamon snorted and Sakana walked out to the battlefield.

"We will battle as I said earlier."

"Okay then." `Hmm, what do I do now?'

"I choose you, Skitty!" Sakana threw the Pokèball into the air and released Skitty. It stood on the field, poised for battle.

"Come on out, Onix!" The giant rock-snake Pokèmon stood on the opposite side of Skitty. Skitty looked ant size compared to it.

"Onix, Body Slam!" Onix trudged quickly across the field, and tried to slam into Skitty. Skitty dodged the attack.

"Now, Skitty, use your Shadow Ball!" The field turned dark. A purple ball appeared in front of Skitty, growing larger by the second. It was hurled at Onix, and knocked it out.

On the sidelines Kamon stood there shocked. `Skitty doesn't learn that naturally…'

"Come back, Onix." Roxanne returned Onix. "Here we go Electrode! Explosion!" Electrode rolled over to Skitty, and exploded.

"Safeguard, Skitty!" Before the attack could hit, Skitty guarded itself. The attack was rebounded back onto Electrode, making it faint.

"Return, Electrode." The Pokèmon went back to its Pokèball. "That's quite a Skitty you've got there. Here, take the Stone Badge."

"Wow, thanks!" Sakana held up the badge to the light, and then tucked it inside her jacket. Skitty hopped on her shoulder She ran to the door, meeting up with Kamon. They started walking outside, south of Rustboro.

"Where are we going?" Sakana questioned. They normally just flew to their destination, but now they were walking.

"We're going to Littleroot town, not far from here. You need your trainers license."

"Why not fly?"

"You need the training. And by the way what level was your Skitty? It had to be over fifteen, to take out an Onix like that." Kamon motioned to the Skitty on Sakana's shoulder.

"Its around thirty eight."

"How do you know?"

"I took your Pokèdex!"]

"You what?"

"Yeah, I took it when you weren't looking, in the store. Anyway, it was probably abandoned, because you can't catch Pokèmon this high a level here." She took Skitty off her shoulder and cuddled it in her arms. It mewed and brushed against her.

"Well, you should evolve it. It'll be more powerful." He rustled around in his pack and took out a rock, and gave it to Sakana.

"What's this?" she asked, examining it.

"A Moon Stone. If you use it on Skitty, it'll evolve into Delcatty."

"Okay…" They stopped walking and Sakana put Skitty on the ground. She took the rock and stooped down…

________________________________________________________________ __

Will Sakana go back on her decision to evolve Skitty? What about that mysterious letter? Come back soon for the next chapter! (And don't forget to review…)

*Blastoise can learn Dig. I checked it on my game.