Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Without Control ❯ The Things That Words Can't Say (Ash) ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Pokémon, Ash, Misty, Pikachu, Togepi, Brock, Tracey or anything else in the Pokéverse. The people who DO own it are utterly rich and I am very poor so PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE don't sue me!

The Things That Words Can't Say

I sat up in bed and looked around the room. Tracey's bed was empty, and since his sketchbook had also gone from where he'd left it the night before, I guessed he'd gone out early to do some drawing. Brock was still in bed, snoring loudly. Misty was also asleep, although unlike Brock, she was quiet.
I couldn't help looking at Misty for a while. She was so beautiful when she was asleep. Actually, she was so beautiful all the time.
"Misty…" I whispered softly to myself. Then I realised. She was too still, too silent… then I realised that she wasn't breathing. My heart began to beat faster. I quickly got out of my own bed and went over to hers. I tried to wake her up, with no response. I put my hand on her wrist to check for her pulse, but quickly drew it away. Her hand was cold… too cold for her to even possibly be still alive…
"MISTY!" I screamed, before breaking into tears. I stayed there for a while, kneeling on the floor, my arms resting on Misty's bed… the pain was so terrible. It was like I'd been torn apart. Togepi woke up, having been disturbed by my scream.
"Toge? Toge toge?" she asked, shaking Misty gently.
"I'm sorry, Togepi," I said, quietly, "Mummy's not ever going to wake up…"
"Toge… BRIIIIIIIIIIIIII!" she screamed, clinging to Misty. But I knew that Misty wasn't really there… just the body that once was hers.
"Misty… why didn't I ever tell you the way I felt? Why didn't I ever say I loved you?" I asked her, even though I knew she couldn't hear. I felt Pikachu beside me.
"Pikapi?" he asked.
"She's gone, Pikachu. Gone forever." I whispered, to myself as much as to Pikachu. He moved closer to me, his cheeks crackling faintly with electricity. By now, I had learnt this was simply his way of showing that he understood. I reached down and stroked him gently, but it was little comfort. One of the most important people in my life - perhaps the most important - was gone, leaving a huge hole inside me, one that nothing could ever mend. I had loved her so much, more than I could even begin to describe, and she had never known. I looked at her lying there - so quiet, so peaceful… I leant over, and kissed her gently, even though she could never feel it. I hoped that, somewhere, her spirit was watching, and would finally know my feelings.
"Goodbye, Misty," I whispered, "and wherever you are, peace be with you, my love…"