Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Yanakanji ❯ Cozy ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
It's a good thing you can't run out of hot water in hotels. It's very very rare that we have enough money to get a room, and I would be less than thrilled if my darling partner used up all the hot water before I got a shower. She would, you know. Very rarely is she concerned with my welfare. She doesn't seem to care if I get enough to eat, or have a nice place to sleep, or anything like that. Which makes me wonder sometimes. I know she loves me, but I wonder what the hell is going through her head. Maybe she's still in that 'hit the boys you like' phase from her childhood.

At any rate, tonight we're sharing a bed. Rooms with single beds are a lot cheaper. And it doesn't bother us, sleeping together. Well..... it doesn't bother her. I don't really enjoy being kicked throughout the night.

........... She punches in her sleep. At night, when I'm beside her, sometimes she hurts me more than when she's awake. I actually think she dreams about those stupid kids. When her arms and legs finally stop flying everywhere she always has this little smirk on her face. So maybe in her dreams she takes her anger out on them, instead of me. Too bad I'm the one actually beside her receiving the blows. Oh well, it's nothing I'm not used to.

As soon as she's done brushing her hair she climbs into bed. Which is my que to follow. I turn off the lights and pull the blanket up to my chin. I can feel her warmth beside me, and I just want to wrap my arms around her. Instead the stupid cat climbs in between us and breathes his stinky breath into my face. Fine. Let him get beaten up in his sleep for a change. He says good night to me, and I say the same to him and Musashi, but it seems she's already asleep. I fall asleep, and have nightmares about giant yellow rats.
***

When I wake up in the morning I'm alone in the bed. Musashi is sitting in a chair reading the newspaper. I don't think I've ever seen her read a newspaper in my life, but then she usually wakes up long before I do. I wonder what else I miss in the morning.

The room is too quiet. I look around trying to figure it out, and then I ask, "Where's Nyaasu?"

She looks up from her paper, startled by my voice. She casually folds the paper then says, "He went to get us some breakfast."

So, we're alone. I wonder if now would be a good time....... to pull the blankets around me and try to go back to sleep. Which is what I do. I hear her shout of protest and feel her pounce on the bed. If she thinks she's going to interrupt me on a rare occasion when I'm warm, and comfortable, and happy, then she's got another thing coming. She tugs at my blanket, trying to pull it off me.

Despite what some people might think I am stronger than her. I grab her and wrap the blankets around her, too. She's shocked into silence, but she relaxes as I wrap my arms around her. "Now isn't this a lot better than hitting and yelling at me?" I ask.

She glares at me but says nothing. I'll take that as a yes.

I don't think I've been this happy in years. I'm warm, and comfy, and the person I love is curling up against me. It makes me feel good holding her, but it makes me especially happy because she's happy. Though her head is turned down and it's hard to see, I know there's a soft smile on her face. Nyaasu, of course, chooses that moment to come back. He stops short in the doorway when he sees us, and Musashi quickly pulls out of my arms like I knew she would.
"Where's my breakfast?" she shouts at him. I can't tell if she's upset because he's ruined the moment or because she doesn't see any food in his paws.

"I ate it." he replies with a grin.

.......and people think I'M dumb. She whacks him across the room and then turns her glare on me. "Get up!" she shouts, "We have pokemon to steal!"

Aah, it looks like it's going to be another lovely, charming day.