Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ 100_Moods ❯ Mood #15: Chipper ( Chapter 15 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Title: Chipper
Author: Shadow/Phantomness
Pairing: Championshipping (Lance x Red
)
Fandom: Pokémon
Theme: #15, Chipper

Rating: PG
Disclaimer: Pokemon belongs to Nintendo and Shogakukan Comics. This non-profit, non-copyright infringing fanfiction belongs to me under international copyright laws and taking it is plagiarism. Thank you. *Phantomness bows*
Notes: <> for telepathy, ** for thoughts, italics if a pokemon talks
Warnings: AU, het, Cross-dressing
 
Red really does not mind Lance's eccentric ways one bit. Sure, he cross-dresses, and often does strange things, but does it really matter?
A wife accepts her husband's faults, and his quirks.
It's like having parents and siblings and a lover all rolled into one. She is quite fond of Lance, and she loves him, and she doesn't mind if Lance raises man-eating dragons or sets fire to companies who break the law.
The Champion is happy, and it shows. She is blindingly cheerful, even to sour old counselors and diplomats and councilmen who don't deserve it. She is nice to Pokémon too, and he'll talk patiently to screaming fans - up to a point.
Everyone marvels that she is so well adjusted, even without parents, and Red smiles her secret smile.
 
It's because she has Lance, of course. But she will never tell, because Lance does not want people to know, and Indigo still has issues with clothing, and besides, usually when they go out, Lance is dressed as a girl.
She dresses as a boy, not on purpose, but simply because jeans and t-shirts are comfortable. She cannot help it if people make assumptions. Besides, she doesn't like being ogled (and there are many perverts around this place), so she keeps all her pretty clothes hidden for their dates and bedroom use only.
They have a niche to live in, and now, they are at peace. Their marriage certificate has their true identities, of course, but no one ever bothers to look and they keep their copy locked up in a safe. One would have to make it past a collection of hideous gold jewelry, a life-sized granite statue of a Hippopotamus, piles, stacks, and oceans of important paperwork from the last fifty years at least, an antique boat from Johto, still with barnacles attached, and a lazy Arbok, not always in that order.
He holds her close as they watch the stars, and she snuggles. Eccentricity can make for a more interesting relationship, too…
 
End Fic
Completed 9/26/06
Edited 9/25/09
Chemistry lab is always brain numbing. *Sigh*