Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ 100_Situations: Theme Set #1 ❯ Theme #56: Choke ( Chapter 56 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Title: Death Note (Part IV.II)
Author: Shadow/Phantomness
Pairing: None
Fandom: Pokémon
Theme: #56, Choke

Rating: PG-13
Disclaimer: Pokemon belongs to Nintendo and Shogakukan Comics. This non-profit, non-copyright infringing fanfiction belongs to me under international copyright laws and taking it is plagiarism. Thank you. *Phantomness bows*
Notes: <> for telepathy, ** for thoughts, italics if a pokemon talks
Warnings: Character Death, AU
 
“Wataru.”
Wataru glanced up from her Calculus homework with a smile. “Yes, mother?”
Hanako smiled. “Can you deliver these clothes to your father at the office? He's working late again.”
“Of course.” Wataru closed her textbook, tucking her wallet into her back pocket as she stood. She had sewn scraps of the Death Note into hidden pockets all over the inside of her favorite white jacket, and she felt reassured as she pulled it on and walked downstairs. She walked the few blocks to the police station and delivered her message to the men on duty at the front desk, only to run into a woman heading into the door.
“Oh! I'm sorry.” Wataru said, helping her up. The other woman flushed and nodded. She had black hair cropped short and her eyes were strangely red-rimmed.
“Is this the headquarters for the Kira case?” She asked. “I have very important information!”
“I'm sorry, but you'll have to tell it to us.” The man said.
Wataru frowned. So. It seemed that S had taken the police - including her father - out of headquarters. But it was only to be expected. A lot of people must have quit the case after what happened with the FBI agents…
She listened to the woman plead for a few minutes, before she spoke up.
“My father is the officer in charge of the case. I'll call his cell phone. Maybe you can talk to him then?”
Homura stared at the nice young man in the white jacket. “Oh! Yes, that would be useful. Thank you.”
They walked out of the front lobby and across the street to the park. Wataru dialed Sakaki's cell phone, but was surprised to find it turned off.
That was odd…
What had S done…?
 
“I'm pleased to meet you. I'm Meiji Wataru.” She introduced herself with a polite bow. She saw a slight tightening of the other woman's eyes and frowned.
“I'm Misora Naomi.” The other woman said politely. “Wataru-san…”
“Yes?”
“Why are you dressed as a boy?”
Wataru tensed. She hadn't been expecting that, of all things, as a question. “How did you know?”
“I used to be an FBI agent.” Homura smiled. “And you don't act that much like a boy.”
Wataru seethed inwardly, hearing Daigo chuckle. “It's not very complicated. Father needs a son to inherit his position.”
Naomi patted her on the back sympathetically. “I feel for you. It's very difficult for a woman to pursue a career in law enforcement. But I'm going off topic. I'm here because… I've seen Kira.”
Seen… Kira?
Wataru felt her blood run cold, but masked it with a smile. “Everyone claims to have seen Kira at some time or another, Naomi-san.”
“I know. But I'm pretty sure that my fiancée knew who Kira was, and to keep him silent, Kira murdered him.”
“That's an interesting deduction,” Wataru said, slipping a notepad out of her jacket. “Mind if I take notes?”
“No.”
Wataru carefully wrote Misora Naomi's name on a scrap of Death Note, and penciled in suicide.
Forty seconds…
Naomi was still talking softly, something about a busjacking, and how Matsubusa had told her that he had shown his ID card to a passenger, and that passenger was probably Kira…
But it was hard to concentrate, what with Daigo laughing in the background. Why? Why wasn't she dying? Unless…unless the woman had given her a fake name.
Wataru scowled, glad that Naomi wasn't looking at her, and glared at Daigo.
You know, Wataru, you can do the eye deal at any time. It's just like putting in contact lenses. It won't even hurt.
Wataru shook her head, before her eyes glittered coldly. She would just have to up the stakes a bit.
 
“So if Kira can kill by means other than heart attacks, Kira is more powerful than we think.”
Homura nodded. “Yes. It all makes sense, doesn't it?”
“Quite.” Wataru agreed. Such a pity...she had to get the woman's real name somehow, but how?
Daigo was therefore quite surprised, when Wataru wrote another name along with a few sentences, before slipping the notepad back in her pocket. It wouldn't take long at all…
Sure enough, not more than a few minutes later, a ragged man came up to Naomi and ran off with her purse. The woman gaped, before running after him. Wataru followed, smirking.
The man gasped as he ducked into an alleyway. Wataru was faster, and Naomi was panting for breath a good half block back, so she flicked her fingertips as a piece of paper sailed through the air and impacted off his head. He turned, only to see Daigo floating behind Wataru in all his otherworldly glory, and screamed.
Wataru took advantage of this distraction to grab the purse back. She took a quick look at the driver's license inside, aha; Mikoto Homura was her real name…
The man ran through Daigo and off into the distance, as Homura ran up, panting.
“Are you all right?” Wataru asked, handing the purse back to Homura.
“Oh, thank you!” Homura said gratefully. They made small talk for a few more minutes, before Homura walked off.
Wataru smirked quietly.
Mikoto Homura would commit suicide, ensure that her body would not be found, and not speak a word of her suspicions to the police. It was all finished.
Wataru slipped the Death Note back into her desk, and smirked.
Too bad for you, S...
 
Elsewhere, Homura's eyes were blank as she stood in front of a river, before her hands came up and closed around her neck, before she fell into the water with a splash.
 
End Fic
Completed 3/11/07
So I decided to fill in some gaps in Death Note *nods* not that I don't love the fic… but I had themes to finish and time to kill, so why not? ^^ So yeah, it's different from the manga because Wataru isn't as charming as Light and being a girl the semi-seduction tactic wouldn't work. So she had some other criminal kept in reserve run off with Homura's purse, then see Daigo and freak out… the criminal probably got hit by a car later that day. ^^ So no evidence, whee!