Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ 100_Situations: Theme Set #1 ❯ Theme #75: Positive ( Chapter 75 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Title: Positively Evil
Author: Shadow/Phantomness
Pairing: Championshipping (Lance x Ash)
Fandom: Pokémon
Theme: #75, Positive

Rating: PG-13
Disclaimer: Pokemon belongs to Nintendo and Shogakukan Comics. This non-profit, non-copyright infringing fanfiction belongs to me under international copyright laws and taking it is plagiarism. Thank you. *Phantomness bows*
Notes: <> for telepathy, ** for thoughts, italics if a pokemon talks
Warnings: Shonen-ai, one-sided AAMRN, some fanon references, character death
 
“He's dead! He's dead and he's never coming back!” Misty screamed. “You think I don't miss him too? You think you were the only one who loved him? Well you're wrong, Lance! I loved him first! And I let him go! Why the hell can't you do the same?!”
The Dragon Master did not reply. His eyes were a strange glassy gold, and he let her scream herself hoarse before she finally stormed off. Lorelei met up with her outside of Lance's office with a worried frown.
“He's brooding again?”
“I swear! He's such a drama queen!” Misty fumed. “We all saw Ash die. Yes, it's Team Rocket's fault. Yes, we should disband them to prevent such a tragedy from happening again. But for some reason, he just thinks of it as his personal crusade! I can't work with him like this - no one can!”
Lorelei gave her a sympathetic pat on the back. “I know, hon. Its hard for all of us to deal with.”
Misty said no more as she stormed out, unwilling to accept sympathy. She released her Starmie, and made her way back to Cerulean.
 
Lance watched her leave, as a strange half-smile quirked his lips. “Well, that was enlightening.” With a motion, he stood and opened the door, locking it carefully. He nodded to Lorelei as he passed her in the hall. Outside of the building, he released his Dragonite, who peered at him curiously.
Master? Where are we going?
“Whirl Islands.”
But why? Dragonite looked confused. Are you talking to your Father?
“No. I just need to get away from this place… and her.” Lance shuddered.
Dragonite nodded, and took off.
 
< Child… >
“I know.” Lance's voice was quiet, as he knelt down in front of the shrine. “I should not be here. But Father, it hurts so…”
< You do realize he is not dead. > Lugia said.
“Of course.” Lance's smile was brittle. “That's what makes it hurt the most.”
< Child… >
“I suppose it is only fair.” Lance said, as he laced his fingers together. “I just wanted to ask your forgiveness.”
< It is given. > Lugia's voice was soft, but Lance felt the tears prickling in his eyes. < Be happy, Child. >
“I will be.” Lance promised. “Forgive me.”
With that, he turned and left. Outside, he recalled Dragonite, despite the dragon's surprised look, and released a different pokémon. Aerodactyl.
Aerodactyl smiled, sharp-edged. Master?
“You know what I want.” Lance said.
Aerodactyl's eyes widened. Master…
“I have nothing without him. I no longer have the Sword.” Lance sighed. “It is selfish, but please… I cannot choose between duty and love…”
Aerodactyl hesitated, one heartbeat, two, before his wings flashed razor-edged brilliance. Lance smiled.
It didn't hurt as much as he had expected, and he hit the ground quietly, eyes closing peacefully.
Only then did his Aerodactyl cry.
 
When Ash returned, he found that the Dragon Master was dead. Misty eagerly welcomed him with open arms, but he could not help but feel as though some part of him was missing…
It was very odd.
 
End Fic
Completed 3/6/07
Poor, poor Lance *Huggles*