Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ 100_Situations: Theme Set V ❯ Theme #13: Stoic ( Chapter 13 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Title: Stoic
Author: Shadow/Phantomness
Pairing: Championshipping (Lance x Red
)
Fandom: Pokémon
Theme: #13, Stoic

Rating: PG-13
Disclaimer: Pokemon belongs to Nintendo and Shogakukan Comics. This non-profit, non-copyright infringing fanfiction belongs to me under international copyright laws and taking it is plagiarism. Thank you. *Phantomness bows*
Notes: <> for telepathy, ** for thoughts, italics if a pokemon talks
Warnings: AU, shonen-ai
 
Red bit back a cry of pain as Lance continued to chant, his eyes strangely glassy. The Dragon Master had cited a need for this, and Red believed him, but why did it have to hurt so much?
He had to stay quiet though, or else the ritual would fail…
Who knew that it could be so hard?
The illusions danced before his mind. He saw his mother dead and dismembered, his pokemon in pieces, the League and entire Kanto region burnt to a crisp, skeletal corpses littering the ground everywhere while the few remaining inhabitants savagely attacked and destroyed each other. It made his heart ache, but he had to keep reminding himself that it was only an illusion; otherwise he would truly go mad…
He had to persevere! He had to! The fate of the world depended on it, clichéd as it sounded…
Then he was falling, seeing his own body wither and decay, and the pain…!
Red savaged his lip until it bled, before finally, the images stopped.
Lance was holding him gently.
“Shhh. Red, it's over. You did well.”
“I… it worked?”
“It worked. You're immortal now, love.” Lance kissed him. Red hugged the older trainer tightly.
Now, they would be together forever. He hadn't failed.
Hooray!
 
End Fic
Completed 9/11/07
Sometimes, I dislike this themes list. However, I do want to finish it very badly!
Red: *Sighs*