Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ 50_Themes ❯ Theme #43: Realization ( Chapter 43 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Title: The Pain of Understanding
Author: Shadow/Phantomness
Pairing:
MangaQuestshipping (Gold x Crystal)
Fandom: Pokémon
Theme: #43, Realization

Rating: PG
Disclaimer: Pokemon belongs to Nintendo and Shogakukan Comics. This non-profit, non-copyright infringing fanfiction belongs to me under international copyright laws and taking it is plagiarism. Thank you. *Phantomness bows*
Notes: <> for telepathy, ** for thoughts, italics if a pokemon talks. Game-verse
Warnings: Angst
 
She can't save him.
She is crying, tears running down her cheeks, and the nurses try to shoo her away, but it's her boyfriend in there and he's dying and there's nothing she can do! If only her blood type were O instead of A, or even B, because he has B-type blood and the hospital is running short, but she can't change something like that!
It's not fair! He doesn't deserve to die! He's a good person, a good Trainer! Stupid Team Rocket, attacking him out of nowhere! Just because he helped foil their plan to find Giovanni is no reason to act so atrociously!
Crystal sobs, not knowing what to do. What if Gold dies? How will she face his mother again?
 
Fortunately for her, Gold's mother arrives, summoned by an emergency phone call. After a hurried discussion with the doctor, it is revealed that she has the same blood type as her son, and she is willing to donate blood for his operation.
Gold is safe.
It doesn't sink in until later, when Crystal sneaks into his hospital room and sees him sleeping in bed with an IV in his arm, pale against the light green sheets, that she finally realizes that things will be okay.
His mother smiles at her, and this time, she cries out of happiness, hoping that something like this will never happen again.
 
End Fic
Completed 9/11/09
I needed a couple, and this one worked out nicely. That's all.