Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ 7 Heavenly Virtues ❯ Theme #3: Abstinence ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Abstinence (Is hard!)
Author: Shadow/Phantomness
Pairing: Championshipping (Lance x Red
)
Fandom: Pokémon
Theme: #3, Abstinence

Rating: PG
Disclaimer: Pokemon belongs to Nintendo and Shogakukan Comics. This non-profit, non-copyright infringing fanfiction belongs to me under international copyright laws and taking it is plagiarism. Thank you. *Phantomness bows*
Notes: <> for telepathy, ** for thoughts, italics if a pokemon talks
Warnings: Het
 
One fine summer's day, two Elite trainers were relaxing together, trying to cool off in the heat wave. Alas, while the weather was fine, their dispositions were not.
However, there was a very good reason for that.
 
“I want chocolate…” She moaned.
Lance glanced at the calendar. “Sorry, Red.” He said unrepentantly, “But you promised to give up chocolate for a month and there are still five days left.”
Red flopped down on her friend's bed, sending his stuffed Dratini bouncing onto the floor. “I never thought it would be so hard.”
The Dragon Master quickly closed his desk drawer so Red could not see the white chocolate mints inside. It was better not to provide temptation, after all.
Although, one could argue that white chocolate wasn't quite the same thing as chocolate, being more vanilla-y…
“Remember why you're doing this, though.” He pointed out.
 
Red nodded seriously. If she could avoid eat chocolate for a month, the Indigo Council would donate five thousand dollars to the Society for the Protection of Pokemon. It was a worthy cause. Nonetheless, she was feeling the cravings!
“… After this is over, I'm going to eat a mountain of chocolate.” She muttered. PMS was awful without chocolate!
Lance chuckled, and said no more.
 
Six days later, Lance watched as Red began to devour a towering sundae, aptly named, `Death by Chocolate'. Streams of hot fudge sauce dripped over three different flavors of chocolate ice cream, topped with chocolate-covered cherries and blueberries and a dollop of chocolate whipped cream. Even the bananas poking from the bottom were lavishly drenched in white chocolate.
“Was it worth it?” He asked.
She licked her lips between bites. “Mm, I guess so, but I'm glad it's over!”
Lance looked pensive. “Wonder if you'll still want chocolate syrup tonight after you finish that.”
His wife smirked. “I think I'm up to the challenge.”
Chuckling, he kissed her, and tasted bittersweet love. “I see.”
 
End Fic
Completed 10/28/06
Edited 5/12/09
Abstinence, according to Wikipedia, is “Constant mindfulness of others and one's surroundings; practicing self-control, abstention, and moderation.”
Yeah, this was a hard prompt to write…