Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ A Lone Guardian ❯ A Day Full of Activities ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: Ok, first of all, I'd like to thank all of those of you who reviewed last chapter, so thanks! Well nothing else for now, so enjoy the chapter.
Also it seems I keep forgetting to do this, I'd like to extend a thank you to Catsithx for all the help and advice he's given me as a beta-reader. So yeah, thanks a lot for that.
Disclaimer: I don't own Pokemon, I just don't ok.
A Day Full of Activities
-- --
`Thoughts' “Human Speech” (Pokespeech) (Telepathy)
-- --
Zeke could be seen struggling once again with his tent, this time thought he was trying to take it down instead of putting it up.
“Ugh! Why do they have to make these things so complicated! I mean I don't even have a set of instructions for this thing,” Zeke cried out in aggravation.
(Uh, Zeke?) he heard Bryna ask behind him; he turned around to see her holding a small folded piece of paper, (is this what you're talking about?)
Zeke took the small paper from the Buizel and unfolded it, taking a look. “Ah, well that's just great! Oh, sorry Bryna,” he apologized as he saw her flinch from his outburst; he got down and rubbed her muzzle in apology.
The Buizel leaned into the rub, not used to getting this much attention from her previous trainer, (Don't sweat it, Zeke, its fine.) The Buizel expressed her point by jumping up and hugging Zeke around the neck.
Zeke just laughed as he received the affection from the Buizel, “Well Bryna, I don't know why your last trainer would give up a Pokemon like you, but I'm glad he did. You're just a little fluffy ball of energy, and I'm glad to have you with us.”
(It's great to be here Zeke,) the Buizel responded, pulling him into an even tighter hug.
Meanwhile during the whole exchange between the two new partners, a shiny Quilava and a Latias lied nearby under the shade of a tree watching.
(Bryna sure has a lot of energy doesn't she Scarlett?) The Latias asked.
(She sure does, she really freaked me out when she tackled Zeke earlier this morning. Although I think we better get used to it. I guess it's her way of showing her affection, kind of like you whenever you change your appearance to a human.) Scarlett responded with a smirk directed at the Eon Pokemon.
(I don't know what's your talking about.) The Latias remarked with a blush as she looked away, from the face of the Quilava.
(Julia, what kind of fool do you take me for? You're a psychic type for Arceus sakes! You're one of the most intelligent beings on this planet, and yet you expect me to believe you've made the same mistake multiple times in a row. Julia, I know you do that as a way to get Zeke's attention, although, I can't say it isn't a good idea, it has worked so far. You're just lucky that Zeke is as dense as he is, or else he might have figured out your feelings by now.) Scarlett said with a knowing look.
Julia sighed, realizing there was no real reason in hiding it, (I know, but I was the new girl, how else was I going to get his attention away from you.)
Scarlett lightly blushed from the Latias' praises, (Julia, you really think Zeke cares about me that much?)
Julia rolled her eyes, (Scarlett, he's known you for over two years, he had no connection to his past so he had no one else to care for, so yes Scarlett, I do. While he may not love you like you love him, he still cares for you the most out of the three of us. I just didn't realize at the time how easy it is to get his attention; all you have to do is ask for it. But I still think he cares for you the most. I guess me and Bryna are just lucky he has a big heart.)
(True that, I mean just look at him, he barely knows Bryna and already he treats her like a sister he's known for years. It makes me feel a little envious towards whoever his kids are, human or otherwise, they're going to have an awesome father.) Scarlett complimented, an affectionate look directed at Zeke with his back turned.
(Yeah, I'm with you there Scarlett. If Zeke ever does find out about our feelings, who do you think he'll choose?) Julia asked, wanting to hear the Quilava's opinion.
(I don't know Julia,) Scarlett admitted, (who's to say it'll even be us, Zeke still has a number of spots to fill on his team, and that's not even including those who might just travel with him. Besides, even if we look past him being a human doesn't stop him from falling in love with a human girl, he may want to stay among his own race when it comes to choosing a mate, so I don't know Julia, I really don't.)
Julia just sighed, (Well then I guess we have to make the biggest impression on him we can before that happens, right Scarlett?)
Scarlett looked at her with a confident smile, (Right.)
-- --
“Finally!” Zeke exclaimed, as he shot his arms into the air in victory once again ready to travel. This time he was wearing a red jacket over a white t-shirt with black camouflage cargo pants. The only real issue he'd had since taking down the tent was the freak out Bryna had when he had brought out his swords to place on his back. She had gotten all scared he was going to kill her or something. He'd assured her, with a little help from the other two girls on his team that the swords were just something he had remaining of his past.
Now he had everything packed in his bag over his shoulders, the backpack slightly covering the two swords underneath it. He was just making sure the other three members of his team were all set.
“Alright we're all set, and Julia, don't forgot to-,” Zeke was cut off by a flash of light. He just slowly brought his hand up to cover his eyes, shaking his head and just whispering, “Julia, why?”
After her `flirting' attempt, although Zeke was still completely unaware of that, Julia was at his right side while his other two Pokemon had taken residence elsewhere. Bryna was riding from on top of his head, while Scarlett was wrapped tightly in his arms.
“Alright girls, ready to go?” he asked. Getting three different confirmations he responded, “Well then, let's go.” And with that, Zeke and his three Pokemon headed back on the road again.
-- --
It had only been a half hour, before three of their group started getting bored once again; luckily their newest member had an idea.
(Hey Zeke,) he heard someone speak above him.
“Yeah Bryna, what is it?”
(I think I have an idea of what we could do.)
“Really? Well let's hear it, what do you got?”
(Well whenever my previous trainer got really bored, sometimes he'd break into a run. It would help keep him strong, and it would help train me and his other Pokemon as well. I hated it though because a lot of the time he'd push most of us until we were bent over in pain, but I'm sure we could make a game out of it,) Bryna suggested.
“I don't see why not,” Zeke shrugged, “okay, Bryna, Scarlett, get down you two. We're going to have ourselves a race, let's see which one of us can go the farthest before only one of us is still going. Julia, remember to keep your appearance, as a Latias none of us would be able to keep up with you. Okay, on three girls. One…, Two…, Three…, GO!”
With that, the four of them took off, keeping together pretty well for a few minutes. After a few minutes though Bryna was the first to tire out, she slowly fell behind until she had to stop for a moment. Zeke, not wanting to get separated, got the Pokeball he had used to capture the Buizel earlier that morning out of his pocket and returned Bryna until they determined a winner. He saw her nod in thanks as she disappeared in a red beam of light.
The second one to fall out was Scarlett, Zeke soon returned her as well, now it was only him and the Latias. Julia started putting on a burst of speed, trying to get ahead of Zeke. That is until she tripped. As a Pokemon, it wasn't even possible for her trip, but in her human appearance, well…
Unfortunately, Zeke didn't have time to stop either and he ran smack into the Latias. They both fell to the ground, doing a few rolls until they stopped. Zeke looked down at Julia; the first thing he noticed was how close their faces were, their faces only being an inch apart. He stared into her amber eyes, until he saw the deep red blush that spread across her face as she was pinned under him.
“Oh! Sorry Julia!” Zeke exclaimed as he figured out the awkward position they were in. Zeke rose from her lap and stood up holding out his hand; Julia accepted the invitation and Zeke pulled her to her feet. The two of them brushed themselves off and Zeke once again apologized, “I'm so sorry Julia.”
(It-it's fine Ze-Zeke,) she stuttered, still in shock over what could have happened just now, only focusing on how close their mouths had been.
“Hey you got a little something…,” Zeke reached out and brushed a strand of hair behind her ear, he laughed quietly, “you know Julia, I didn't see it before, but you have really beautiful eyes. Hm, it's odd, what's with Pokemon and their eyes? They always seem to be more colorful and shiny than humans, weird. Anyways, come on Julia.”
Zeke continued forward, Julia heavily blushing from his compliment behind him, she sighed, `thanks, Zeke.'
-- --
Their little party had already been traveling for a couple of hours, and they had already eaten lunch by this time. Now it was just Bryna and Zeke, the other two snuggly fit inside their Pokeballs.
“You know Bryna, how do you know how to avoid the boredoms of travel so well?” he asked the Buizel wrapped in his arms at the moment.
(Well Zeke,) she turned around in his arms so she could see him more easily, (my previous trainer did a lot of that kind of stuff, the way he did it, he always pushed us to the point of death and it was always work for him, but it did get our minds off of traveling. It works a lot better with you,) she interrupted her speech with a hug, (you look at it all like it's a game, thanks for being such a good friend Zeke.)
He just rubbed her head, “Sure thing, Bryna, anytime.”
Bryna, like the morning before, leaned into the rub, nuzzling her head even deeper into his chest. Suddenly Zeke came to a halt, Bryna, curious as to why, turned around and felt her heart sink. There stood her previous trainer just ahead of them, Ryan.
(Oh no,) Bryna whispered, pushing herself as far back into Zeke's chest as she could, trying to get away from him.
Zeke, seeing Bryna's distress, could already tell who this guy was, and held onto the Buizel more tightly as an act of comfort. “Bryna, don't worry, I won't let him take you, you're part of my family, and it's going to stay that way.”
Bryna just looked up at him and nodded, feeling a bit more confident from his promise.
“Well, well, look who we have here. Kid, what are you doing with my Pokemon?” Ryan asked with what Zeke assumed the kid's best attempt at a maniacal grin.
“Um, ok, how do I explain this simply? One, why are you calling me a kid, you couldn't be older than thirteen. Two, whoever said this was your Pokemon, Shorty,” Zeke finished with a light chuckle as he insulted the kids height, his 6' 01” beating the kid's 4'10”.
The only thing going through Zeke's mind at that moment was `Bryna, this used to be your trainer. Hm, well this should be a lot easier than I thought.'
“Whatever, f**k you, man. Just give me back my Pokemon!” the trainer screamed again.
Zeke just put his hand on his hip while his other one kept a firm hold on Bryna, bluntly he stated while giving the kid an odd look, “No.” Well he sure didn't expect what happened next.
Ryan stomped his foot on the ground and started waving his fists in the air, “listen you ba**ard, give me back my Buizel before I kick your ass with my Pokemon!”
Zeke just looked at him with sadness, looking down at Bryna he asked, “is he pouting?”
Bryna nodded her head, (yeah, he comes from a spoiled family; he isn't rich, just really, really spoiled. He's used to getting what he wants. He's always taking it out on his Pokemon whenever he loses; it's one of the reasons why I hate him so much.)
Zeke just nodded. “Alright then,” Zeke voiced over in Ryan's direction.
Ryan stopped what he was doing to pay attention to Zeke, “you want a Pokemon battle, alright then, a Pokemon battle it is.”
Ryan grinned, “and if I win I get the Buizel there,” he announced pointing at Bryna.
Zeke glared at him, “No.”
Ryan just glared at him, “Fine, I'll beat your Pokemon, kick your ass too, and then I'll take all of your Pokemon,” he said with a confident grin.
Bryna saw Zeke pull his hands into fists and could feel him tense; she could almost see an angry aura coming off of him. `Looks like Ryan just crossed the line,' she thought, feeling secure that Zeke was willing to protect her like he was. `I promise Zeke, this is one battle I won't lose.'
Zeke placed Bryna on the ground, but motioned for her to stay. He reached into his pack and grabbed a Pokeball from one of the pockets. He enlarged it, and then tossed it, releasing Scarlett. When he did though he noticed the opposing trainer's eyes widen in surprise then narrow in satisfaction. `Sick prick, don't you even think about it,' Zeke thought, knowing exactly what was going through the guy's mind.
Scarlett, sensing the tense atmosphere, already knew what was going on and got into a battle position, flames igniting across her body. Ryan just enlarged a Pokeball and then threw it silently, sending out a Poliwhirl, who also got into a battle position. Zeke already knew what he was planning, `so he's trying to win this battle with type advantage, well let's just see how this goes then.'
Pulling out his Pokedex, Zeke quickly scanned to make sure there wasn't anything he was forgetting. Not seeing anything new pop out at him, he returned it to his pocket and got ready to issue a command to Scarlett.
“Alright Poliwhirl, let's end this battle quickly, use Hypnosis,” Ryan commanded.
“Scarlett use Smokescreen,” Zeke countered.
Just as Poliwhirl was about to use the attack, Scarlett blew out a heavy cloud of black smoke. Well since Hypnosis required eye contact to be effective, that was one thing Zeke didn't have to worry about.
“Poliwhirl, get in there!”
Zeke just stood there with a smirk; fortunately it wasn't seen by Ryan who was on the other side of the black cloud. He was falling right into their trap; one of the first things Zeke and Scarlett had practiced was her senses whenever she was blinded. She was easily able to sense vibrations in the ground and her sense of hearing and smell were already superb, not to mention the Smokescreen was her own. All he had to do was order an attack.
“Scarlett, give him your best Ember attack!”
“Poliwhirl, counter her with Water Gun.”
Flashes of fire could be seen within the heavy smoke, and multiple Water Gun shots were being shot randomly into the air. Finally, one of the attacks connected. The Poliwhirl flew out of the smoke cloud, a few burns spread across his back. The Pokemon's movements and attacks had also caused the smoke to disperse. Scarlett could be seen, once again in a calm battle stance, her multiple training sessions with Zeke having strengthened her stamina.
“Damn you little piece of sh*t, don't you dare lose this!” Ryan screamed, angry that he was losing. Zeke could see the Poliwhirl direct an angry glare towards his trainer before getting back into a battle stance, “Poliwhirl, hypnosis.”
Now Zeke was confused, why would he use that attack again. `Whatever, maybe Bryna overestimates this guy.' “Scarlett, use Quick Attack before he finishes.” Scarlett soon disappeared as she rushed the Poliwhirl.
Zeke looked over at Ryan and was surprised to see a grin on his face, `he's planning something. Arceus! It's a trap!' “Scarlett, look out, it's a trap,” but his warning came too late. As soon as Scarlett was about to make contact, the Poliwhirl somehow managed to make contact with a Doubleslap. `How the hell, Scarlett was using a Quick Attack, she's moving almost faster than you can see, how could he make contact like that. Damnit, Scarlett, I'm sorry.' Zeke sighed sadly, knowing Scarlett was finished.
Now that Scarlett was disoriented from the attack, Ryan finished it. “Poliwhirl, finish the little bi*ch with a Water Gun.” With the direct water attack, Scarlett didn't stand a chance. She flew a distance rolling on the ground for a while until she came to a stop only a short distance from Zeke, the fire that was on her back put out due to her exhaustion. She tried to get back up to her feet, but her body failed her as she collapsed.
Zeke rushed over to make sure she was fine; doing a quick eye scan he didn't find any serious injury. Looking at the Quilava's face he could see her looking in a different direction, otherwise too tired to move, ashamed that she lost.
“Scarlett, look at me,” seeing the shiny Quilava direct her attention he added, “don't feel bad, we both fell for that little brat's trick, not to mention you were at a type disadvantage too. You did great, so get some rest okay, I promise we'll win this, he's not getting his perverted hands on any of you.”
Scarlett nodded, a small smile of relief, (thanks Zeke, but whatever you do, don't lose.)
Zeke laughed, “Don't worry Scarlett; you know how I am when it comes to keeping promises. I haven't failed you yet, now have I?”
Scarlett smiled, (No, you haven't, go get `em bro.)
Zeke rubbed her head in a brotherly fashion and pulled out her Pokeball, returning her in a red beam of light. He reached for Julia's Pokeball before his hand was stopped by an orange paw. Looking over at Bryna he saw her embarrass expression as she quickly retreated her paw behind her back to join the other one.
Zeke sighed, then with a small smile he asked, “Bryna, do you want to battle for me?”
Bryna looked down at her feet, a little unsure of herself, but she needed to win this battle. She needed to prove to Zeke that she wasn't weak; she couldn't stand being abandoned again. Feeling a hand put on her shoulder she looked up at Zeke's face to see him smiling, “don't worry Bryna, I'll be here with you, we'll do this together okay, win or lose.”
Bryna nodded, showing him her thanks by, once again, tackling him in a hug. Luckily, Zeke had expected it this time, and returned her sign of affection. “Okay, you ready to do this?” Zeke asked one last time.
Bryna jumped down to the ground and got into a battle stance, signaling she was ready to kick butt and take names.
Ryan just laughed, “You've got to be kidding me! You're going to use that pitiful excuse for a Pokemon!”
“Bryna, use Swift,” Zeke ordered bluntly, not in the mood to deal with this guy's insults.
Bryna opened her jaw, energy in the shape of multiple stars being shot at the Poliwhirl. Both Ryan and his Pokemon were caught off guard, his Poliwhirl taking a critical hit to his stomach. “Poliwhirl, use Bubble you loser,” Ryan insulted in anger.
“Bryna, follow up with Quick Attack.”
Finishing her current attack, Bryna disappeared as she charged the opposing Pokemon at high speed. Luckily, the Poliwhirl was still trying to recover from Bryna's previous attack and was unable to counter like he had done with Scarlett. As Bryna made contact with the Poliwhirl, she then started attacking without Zeke's orders needed.
She spun around bringing down the Poliwhirl as he tripped over her tails. Now that he was immobilized and on his back, Bryna finished him with the strongest Swift attack she could muster. The Poliwhirl was unable to continue as he fainted from the onslaught.
Ryan returned his Pokemon, uttering all sorts of curses about how pathetic he was. Bringing out another Pokeball, he released his second Pokemon, a Scyther.
`Hm, a bug type, why would he use that?' Zeke questioned Ryan's choice of Pokemon.
“Scyther, kill that little betrayer, slice her to pieces!”
`He's not battling with it; he's trying to kill Bryna!' Zeke thought in realization.
Of course Bryna had already figured that out, but then again the scythe attacks aimed at her head were a bit of a dead giveaway. Zeke looked over at Ryan only to see a big, happy grin on his face. `I don't think so, you sick bas**rd,' Zeke thought as he slipped out of sight behind the trees behind him.
-- --
Bryna took a quick look over at Zeke, only to see him running off into the trees. `No, he can't be leaving me now; maybe I was wrong about him after all. F**king trainers, whenever my life seems like it's going great, they end up ruining it,' Bryna thought as her hatred towards humans once again took affect over her. Meanwhile, the Scyther continued her slashes, Bryna barely being able to dodge them.
Unfortunately, Bryna eventually lost her motion as she stumbled on a rock, one of the Scyther's blades hitting her midsection. Bryna fell over in pain, her arms tucked into her chest as she tried to dull the pain of the cut. Bryna looked up at the Scyther, waiting for the finishing blow before, “Scyther, stop!”
Surprised by the sudden order by her previous trainer, Bryna looked over at him only to sigh in relief and happiness as she saw Zeke.
-- --
Seeing how involved Ryan had been at Bryna's expense, Zeke snuck behind the trees behind him, he looked behind him just in time to see the Buizel looking at him with an expression of hopelessness. `I'm sorry Bryna, but I promise I'll be right back.' He snuck over to Ryan's side of the field, being as silent as he could. Once he made it, he looked back over at Bryna, only for his eyes to open wide in shock as he saw her get hit in the stomach. He looked away, directed his attention at the trainer in front of him.
Quickly he unsheathed one of the swords from his back, and held it in front of him. He then jumped out from his hiding spot, and swung his sword, stopping just as it barely made contact with Ryan's neck. “Scyther, stop!” he yelled, instantly knowing what Zeke wanted. Zeke smirked, looking over at Bryna he slightly relaxed as he saw relief flash across her face.
“Now,” he started with Ryan, “I don't appreciate you trying to kill my Pokemon, this battle is over, but since you're such a fag, I'll let you have the win.” Zeke laughed, “It's worth it to see that look on your face. You looked like you were about to piss in your pants.”
“Bryna, return, I'll fix you up later,” he said as he grabbed her Pokeball and returned her. “Now return your own Pokemon,” he said as he stared at the kid with a murderous glare. Ryan did as he was told as he didn't have much of a choice with Zeke's sword to his neck. “Nice doing business with you,” Zeke said in an oversweet voice.
Bringing the sword down, he spun it around a few times before replacing it back in its sheath. “See ya later.” Zeke laughed as he walked down the road. Ryan was visibly shaking with anger before he finally exploded, uttering ever curse he knew, luckily Zeke was too far away to hear him at that point.
-- --
`Hm, that looks like a good spot,' Zeke thought as he finally spotted a clearing where he wouldn't be spotted by passing trainers. Taking his pack and his swords off of his back and placing them on the ground. He opened his pack and started looking through it until he found what he was looking for.
Taking out a first-aid kit and grabbing Bryna's Pokeball. He gave it a little toss, sending out the Buizel. She appeared in a red beam of light, the Pokeball magnetically returning to Zeke's hand like a boomerang, to where he dropped it on the ground. She was still holding her chest in pain, but to Zeke's relief, her face didn't hold the same emotions.
Walking over to her and falling to his knees. Zeke opened the first-aid and started shuffling through it, looking for the needed medical supplies. “Bryna, let me take a look,” he said as he held a potion in one hand and some antiseptic in another. Taking her hands away, Bryna's eyes closed in pain, and Zeke grimaced as he viewed her injury.
There was a fine cut line, starting from her left thigh and continued diagonally until it ended just underneath her right breast from where he was looking. While it wasn't deep, it still seeped a little blood. “Bryna, brace yourself, this is going to hurt a lot,” Zeke warned as he started spraying the antiseptic across her wound. Bryna closed her eyes tight and dug her paws into the dirt below her, although she managed to hold in her cry of pain by biting her lower lip.
Zeke felt sorry for her, all he wanted to do was hold her and tell her everything was fine, but he had to make sure her cut would heal properly first. Done with the antiseptic, and began spraying the potion, luckily since it was a healing agent, it was a lot more comfortable than the bottle sprayed before, but it still stung a little. Now done with the two agents, and now that he knew that the wound was clean, he placed the two bottles back into the first-aid then took out a roll of bandages.
Walking up to the Buizel he asked, “Bryna, could you hold your arms up for me?” Bryna did as he asked, lifting up her arms so he could more easily wrap the bandages. Starting from the bottom, he started wrapping the bandage around her diagonally, as he slowly climbed, Bryna blushed as she felt Zeke's hand rub up against her breast, Zeke though, didn't pay attention as he was too much into his work, determined to make sure the Buizel got better.
Once Zeke finished the bandaging, he returned the roll to the first-aid and then placed that back into his pack. He then walked back to the Buizel, and did the one thing he'd wanted to do the entire time. He got back down on his knees, grabbed the Buizel from underneath her arms, and wrapped her in the best brotherly hug he could give, resting his back against a nearby tree as he did so.
Bryna just smothered her face into his chest, wrapping her own little arms around Zeke's chest, crying a few silent tears; finally she uttered her first few words since the battle. (I'm sorry, Zeke,) he heard her whisper.
Resting his chin on top of her head, he asked, “sorry for what Bryna?”
He heard Bryna whisper below him, (I lost that battle, I made a promise that I wouldn't lose.)
Zeke smiled, “well Bryna, let me ask you this, did you try your best?”
Bryna sighed, (What?)
“Bryna, listen to me when I say this,” Zeke said as he broke the hug so she could see his face, “as long as you try your best, I will never think of you any less.” He smirked a bit, “You know, Julia said something similar to this when she joined the family but I'll restate it anyway. You're part of my family Bryna, whether or not you like me,” he kissed the end of her muzzle in a brotherly fashion, “and you know what, I'm really starting to see you as a little sister Bryna.” He finished by reinitiating the hug.
Unseen by Zeke, Bryna had gone red in the face when he had kissed her, it being the first major sign of affection Zeke ever showed to her. Bryna felt tears coming back to her face as she heard Zeke's little speech, (Zeke, how can you say that? You've barely even known me for a day and already you've accepted me into your family and act like you've known me for years, why?)
Zeke smiled, rubbing Bryna back and head each with a different hand, “you want to know why Bryna? Because you don't need to know someone long time, to get to know them better. Sometimes you just have to trust in them. That's why I do what I do for you girls. Scarlett's probably right when she says I'm a bit too loving of a guy, but you know, it's gotten me pretty well off so far. I have three little sisters who, only in a couple days, I've come to know and appreciate.”
Bryna smiled sadly into his shirt, `Zeke, if only you loved us like we love you, but maybe someday you will.' She looked up into Zeke's smiling face, `and I hope one day you might think of me closer than just a sister,' she finally admitted, accepting the fact that while she still wasn't entirely sure, she was starting to fall for her trainer and friend. (Thanks Zeke,) she whispered.
“Anytime Bryna, anytime,” he replied back. And for the next few moments the two stayed together like that, Zeke lying against the trunk of a tree, a bandaged Bryna wrapped tightly in his arms, the two of them sharing an embrace they both didn't want to break.
 
-- --
“Hey Scarlett,” Zeke said down towards the Quilava wrapped in his arms as he walked.
(Yeah Zeke,) he heard her respond.
After his moment with Bryna, he returned her to her Pokeball, knowing she needed the rest, and brought out Scarlett. Placing his supplies back into position he took her in his arms he had continued down the path to Jubilife City, Scarlett still being a bit exhausted from the battle before.
“Just wanted to let you know Scarlett, we lost,” Zeke admitted
(Well then why am I still here? Wouldn't that spoiled brat have ordered one of his Pokemon to attack you?)
“Well, I didn't lose exactly, I forfeited.”
(Why's that?) Scarlett asked as she turned to face Zeke, a suspicious look in her face.
Zeke sighed, “He tried to kill Bryna. If I hadn't have stopped him, he probably would have succeeded too.”
(How'd you stop him?) Scarlett asked, her head cocked to the side.
Zeke rubbed the back of his neck with the hand he wasn't holding the Quilava with, “well I sort of… put one of my swords to his neck.”
Scarlett stared at him a bit blankly before she asked in a concerned voice, (is she okay?)
“Who? Bryna? Don't worry about her Scarlett, she's fine. She had a pretty bad cut across her chest, but I patched her up pretty well, I'll get her checked at the Pokemon Center.”
(Speaking of which, how far are we from Jubilife City?)
“Well my guess is that we should be there in the next hour or so, we've been walking for almost two days now, and it shouldn't be much longer. Although I think we'll be staying in the Jubilife area for a while. That battle today made me remember that I forgot about your guy's training. I don't want to be in another situation like that again, only next time I might not be able to help you girls. I have a legendary and a shiny Pokemon on my team and it might not always be you girls the trainer attacks in a battle.”
(Well you can count on me Zeke; I'll always be there for you. I trust you bro, and I'll always be there at your side,) Scarlett supported.
“Great to hear Scarlett,” Zeke said as he pulled her in a hug, “thanks for the support.”
Scarlett buried her face into his chest as she felt her face heat up. With a slight stutter she replied, (d-don't mention it Zeke, now let's get to Jubilife City.)
Zeke nodded as he looked down at the Quilava, even though her face was hidden. “Yeah, you got it Scarlett. Want to have another race?”
Scarlett looked up at him and nodded. (Sure, why not,) she agreed as she jumped out of his hold, landing on the ground and getting in a running position.
“Alright Scarlett, One…, Two…, Three…, Go!” Zeke exclaimed as the two took off down the road to Jubilife.
-- --
(Wow, that's Jubilife City!? It's huge!) Scarlett exclaimed as she, Zeke, and Julia stood at the top of a hill that overlooked the industrious city.
“Get used to it Scarlett, some of the cities we pass through will be small like Sandgem Town, while others will be industrious and as big as Jubilife,” Zeke explained to both of his Pokemon, although he still hadn't wanted to risk sending Bryna out.
Julia just floated silently next to him, a bit intimidated by the large, populated city. Zeke, seeing her reluctance, put a comforting hand on her shoulder. “Julia, if you want to go back into your Pokeba-.”
She cut him off, looking over at him, (no Zeke, I'm fine, I'm just a little nervous is all.)
Zeke nodded, “alright if your sure, don't forget too…,” in a flash of light Julia stood in her human appearance, with clothes on as well this time. “Alright then,” Zeke finished sort of lamely. “C'mon girls, and don't get separated, but if you do, remember to meet at the Pokemon Center.”
With those words, the group of three headed down the path to Jubilife, Zeke in the middle, with Scarlett on top of his head and Julia having both of her arms wrapped around his right, her chin resting on his shoulder, still a bit intimidated.
-- --
Entering the outskirts of the city, Zeke and his gang stared at all the different sized building with a sense of awe. There was nothing like this back from where they were from. Julia had dislocated herself from her death grip on Zeke's arm, so she could walk next to him and view all the scenery with freedom, Scarlett doing the same thing from on top of his head.
As they walked through town Zeke began to realize that they were attracting stares, but they all seemed to be guys. Placing himself in their position though he realized they weren't staring at him, but at the girl next to him. Looking over at the Latias he saw the stares had not gone unnoticed by her. She had her hands folded, lying just above her thighs, and a look of discomfort on her face as she stared at the ground.
Doing the first thing that came to his mind, Zeke reached his arm out and laid it on her far shoulder, bringing her closer to himself. The Latias lifted her head up to give him a small, thankful smile, which Zeke returned in the form of a large grin.
Looking back to the path Zeke noticed that many of the stares had stopped when he had done that. Realizing the true intents of the guys, `what is with all the pervs I've been running into today?'
The Latias interrupted his thoughts, (um, Zeke? I have a question.)
Changing his attention to her, “Yeah Julia, what do you got?”
Julia started rubbing her fingers together, nervous about how Zeke would answer, (Have you ever found anyone, well, attractive?) Zeke felt Scarlett tense at Julia's question.
Zeke wondered where she was going with this, but thought up an answer anyway, “well I never really looked for anyone back at home, I was too busy running a home and with my job, and now I'm a trainer so unless I run into someone, I don't really see any relationships for me. Besides, I'm fine just being with you girls anyway.”
Julia looked at the ground, a small sigh escaping her lips, (No Zeke, I meant is there anyone you think looks attractive?)
“Well,” Zeke took another moment to think, “No I don't think I do. Like I said before, you girls are all I really need.”
Julia just looked down, a little disappointed that she didn't get the answer she wanted, unaware of the true meaning behind Zeke's answer. Zeke had a look of concern for the Lati girl but he just brushed it off as nothing, but kept her close to him with his arm draped over her shoulder.
-- --
“Well girls, we're finally here,” Zeke stated as the three of them stood outside the Jubilife Pokecenter. Walking down an alley behind of him first he returned the two Pokemon to their Pokeballs. It would be weird if someone saw him returning Julia to her Pokeball. Entering back onto the main street, he crossed and entered the Pokemon Center, knowing enough about them to know what he needed to do.
He walked up to the front desk, prepared to see one of the Nurse Joy relatives attending the counter. Seeing him approach she greeted him with the usual, “Welcome to Jubilife's Pokecenter, how may I help you?”
“Can I get a single room and a healing cycle for my Pokemon?” Zeke said, already prepared to answer.
“Sure thing, I just need to see your Pokedex for a minute.” Zeke pulled the little red rectangular device from his pant's pocket and handed it to the nurse. She connected it to a nearby computer and started typing random buttons.
“Wait, you're Zeke?” she asked, her attention back on him as she pulled up his license.
Zeke gave her a puzzled look, “Yeah, why? Is there a problem?”
She shook her head, “No, but there's a call for you on the line.”
Zeke was a bit surprised by that, who would be calling him; he just left Sandgem Town a day ago.
“Anyway,” the Nurse Joy continued, “everything seems to check out ok,” she grabbed his three Pokeballs he had set on the counter and handed him back his Pokedex. “Just let me run these through a cycle and why don't you take that call for you.”
Zeke nodded, seemed like a good idea. The Nurse Joy disappeared into the back room through a door behind the counter. Zeke headed over to the row of video phones, taking his seat at one. Opening up his account, he saw he had one waiting phone call. When he took the phone off the hook and dialed the number, he was surprised to see the elderly face of professor Rowan.
“Ah Zeke, good to see you,” the professor greeted him as the other line appeared.
“Um, hi professor, what do you need?” Zeke asked, confused as to why he'd be calling.
“There's an update to your Pokedex I forgot to give to you before you left.” the professor answered, but something sounded odd about the way he said it.
Zeke thought nothing of it, “Oh, alright professor,” Zeke said, connecting his Pokedex to the PC.
“Alright, just let me start the upload and… there we go. The update will take a few minutes to download. While we're waiting though, have you caught any other Pokemon Zeke?”
Zeke rubbed the back of his head as he remembered the newest member to his team, and now that he thought about it, he never did tell the professor about Julia. “Actually professor, I have two. I caught a Buizel and a Latias; of course they joined of their own choice really.”
Zeke was surprised to see the professor's eyes widen a bit when he told him of his other two team members, they rarely did that. He must have caught the professor more off guard than he expected. He asked, “Well how did you manage to do that?”
So Zeke retold the story of how he'd run into Julia and Bryna. When he finished the professor sighed. “Well those are some sad tales indeed, it's sad to hear about the disrespect Pokemon still receive these days. Make sure you take care of those two Zeke, you're probably just the person they needed to meet, they sure are lucky.”
Zeke smiled to himself, “Yeah, the two of them are really great. They're great and welcomed additions to the team. I already feel like they're family, so don't worry about it.”
The professor had a small smile on his face, “good to hear Zeke.” A beeping noise could be heard on professor Rowan's side of the line, “well Zeke, looks like the updates done. Why don't you check it out?”
Zeke did as he was told. He grabbed the Pokedex and flipped it open, checking out the new update to it. When he saw what had been updated though, he nearly dropped the Pokedex and fainted right there. Looking back at the professor, he saw a proud smile on his face. Well that explained what was weird about it before.
“Professor, you gave me a master's license!” Zeke said, still in a bit of shock.
A master's license wasn't all that different from a normal license. Only you could have an unlimited amount of Pokemon on one's team instead of the usual limited number. A master's license holder was also a lot more trusted and respected by authorities and other individuals because of so. There only two ways to receive a master's license: become a Pokemon Champion or be deemed worthy to receive one by a Pokemon professor. It was obvious which reason got him the license.
The professor explained, “Zeke, you worked as an assistant of mine for the past two years. You helped me gain undisputed knowledge on Pokemon because of your special ability. And besides, you've shown me on multiple occasions your love and respect for Pokemon. Just think of this as a gift for all the things you helped me with.” A second voice could be heard on the other end, “Well boy, I have to get back to my work. See you some other time.”
“Yeah, see ya professor, thanks again for this, I don't know how to repay you.”
“Don't mention it Zeke, well good luck,” the professor dismissed as his screen went black.
Zeke turned off his own PC and returned to the front desk. He wasn't surprised to see the Nurse Joy back with his Pokemon. He took the three Pokeballs from the nurse and grabbed a key to one of the rooms as well.
-- --
“Alright girls, come on out,” Zeke called once he was in the room he was staying in for the night. An orange blur headed his way almost immediately, hitting his midsection and sending him flying. Luckily he landed on the bed behind him.
Getting his bearings back, Zeke stared at the bandaged Buizel currently surgically attached to his chest in a hug. Happy to see Bryna as well he just returned it, noticing the humored faces of his Latias and Quilava who soon also joined the little group hug.
Zeke, now surrounded by his team of girls just shared the warmth before a thought passed through his mind. Sitting up, which was hard to do when you had three Pokemon on top of you, he brought it up. “Hey girls, listen, there's something I need to do. I just remembered, I need to go to a Pokemart and get some supplies for our newest member,” he said while looking at Bryna, who was currently sitting in his lap.
(So you want us to guard fort while you're gone then, right?) Scarlett asked.
Zeke nodded, “Yep, thanks Scarlett.”
Scarlett did her best impression of waving him off, (don't mention it Zeke, you and Bryna have fun shopping.)
(What?) Bryna asked now that she had come into the conversation.
Zeke explained, “Well Bryna, it wouldn't make much sense to shop for you without you being there now would it?”
Bryna blushed at the concept of being with Zeke alone for the next couple of hours. (Okay,) she said, signaling that she understood.
“Alright then, Scarlett and Julia, do what ever you want, just don't get into too much trouble okay.” The two just nodded so Zeke managed to get himself out of the pile of Pokemon, but got down in front of Bryna first before leaving. “Well Bryna, before we leave, let's check that cut of yours,” Zeke said as he began untying the bandage wrapped around her midsection.
The two Pokemon watched with interest as Zeke started removing the bandages, wondering what the damage had been. Scarlett had already been told, and Zeke allowed Julia to read his mind as to get caught up, but she still wasn't comfortable with it, even if she did have permission.
Once Zeke removed the bandages he checked her chest area for any damage, rubbing his hand tenderly through her fur. He was surprised at how well the nurse had healed the wound, the cut was barely visible, only a slight mark was left, and it'd be gone in probably just a day.
Deeming that she was fine, Zeke got back up, he'd never taken his pack off so he didn't have to worry about that. “Come on Bryna, let's go,” Zeke said to her as he opened the room door. Bryna walked out into the hallway, turned around, and waited for her trainer.
Zeke walked halfway out before turning around and reminding once again, “and remember you two, behave yourselves.” Getting two nods he exited the room, closed the door, and then grabbed the Buizel from under her arms. He lifted her up and placed her up on his shoulders like a piggy back ride, walking off to find a Pokemart.
-- Several Hours Later—
The door to the Pokecenter room opened, Scarlett and Julia stopped what they doing, and saw Zeke was entering with a bag in each hand. Bryna followed him with a smaller bag in her small paws.
(So what did you get Zeke?) Scarlett asked.
Zeke placed the two bags on the bed, soon to be joined with his backpack and his swords. Reaching into the bag he started placing items into the pack, answering, “nothing much Scarlett, just a few things like I did before. I also restocked on some medical stuff and found a new Pokemon food I'd like you girls to try. It's actually Bryna's bag that will probably interest you.”
Scarlett and Julia looked over at Bryna; the Buizel just reached into the small plastic bag and pulled out a rectangular black case. (What's in it?) Julia asked in curiosity as the two were unable to see the contents.
Bryna just smiled, (Poffins,) she answered.
(What's a Poffin?) Julia and Scarlett asked simultaneously.
“Well, according to Bryna, they're like candy made for Pokemon, why don't you two both try one?” Zeke explained.
Interested, the two both picked a Poffin from the case which Bryna opened and stuck it in their mouths. They both chewed for a bit until their eyes went wide with surprise as they both tasted the treat. Zeke and Bryna just stood there smiling, Bryna already having shown Zeke the effects of a Poffin.
Bryna gave the case to Zeke and put it in the pack along with the other items. “Okay, before we go to bed, there's one more thing we need to do; baths.”
Scarlett sighed, (oh, but Zeekkkee,) she pouted.
Zeke rolled his eyes, “Scarlett, how else are you going to get clean?”
Scarlett just looked away, unable to think of an answer. Zeke just smiled and grabbed the bathroom supplies and his swimsuit from his backpack, then crossed the room into the bathroom. The door was closed and a second later Zeke could be heard placing down the bathroom supplies.
The two other girls just looked at Scarlett funny. (So then you don't like baths?) Julia asked.
Scarlett shook her head in amusement, (nah, I love `em. It's just something Zeke and I do because of my element. While most fire types dislike the water, most of them still have to use it for things like bathing and drinking, even if they don't enjoy it. But my parents taught me to love the water at a young age. Besides, a one on one with a half naked Zeke in the shower while he scrubs your fur, tell me how that's a bad thing?)
Julia and Bryna lightly blushed as Scarlett pointed that out to them. Julia asked though, (Wait, only half naked, what do you mean by that?)
Scarlett sighed and explained, (As dense as Zeke is, he's not that dense. Even he's not going to wave his `equipment' around while he's bathing you. That's why he brought his swimsuit in with him; sometimes it makes me wish I were a Luxray.)
Zeke chose that moment to interrupt their conversation by entering the room again, this time though he was only wearing his swimsuit. “Alright Bryna, your turn first,” Zeke announced, at the same time he motioned the Buizel over.
Bryna hesitated a moment before following Zeke back into the bathroom. Zeke motioned for her to enter the tub, and she did so, standing in the empty space. She watched Zeke shuffle a minute though the supplies until he found what he was looking for, a special shampoo for water types that they'd bought earlier at the market. It was made especially for Pokemon like herself to penetrate her thick waterproof fur. Zeke had also gotten special soaps for both Scarlett and Julia before they'd left.
Zeke turned on the bath, testing the water before he turned on the shower. Bryna braced herself as the wave of warm water washed over her, Zeke dropping down to his knees behind her. “Well Bryna, let's get you washed up.”
He began by rubbing her fur, making sure it was fully damp before squirting a bit of the shampoo into his palm and placing the bottle on a stand connected to the wall. Making sure she was out of the spray before he then began rubbing it into her fur, working his way down.
Scrubbing with her back to him, Bryna was thankful Zeke was unable to see her face as she let out an inaudible sign from the comfort she was getting from the `message'. She almost let out a moan, but stopped herself as Zeke rubbed the fur covering her small bust.
Getting down to her lower body, Zeke made sure to be careful with her lower regions, having made the mistake of running over Scarlett's clit while giving her a bath as a Cyndaquil. Scarlett was so surprised that if they hadn't been in the shower, she probably would have burnt his entire arm off. Needless to say he was just as embarrassed, avoiding a repeat of that situation at all costs. He remembered as Scarlett had held it against him for weeks.
Her tails were a bit interesting as he started at the top and worked to the ends. Bryna couldn't stop herself though and accidentally started spinning her tails randomly from the comfort, some of the suds hitting Zeke in the face. But Zeke just washed it off and laughed a bit to himself, remembering how sensitive tails are to some Pokemon.
Finishing up her feet, Zeke moved Bryna back under the water spray, rubbing the soap out of her heavy fur. Zeke turned off the shower and got out, Bryna following him quite shortly. Once out, Bryna jumped up and wrapped her arms around Zeke neck, her still wet body pressed against his. Zeke surprised by the sudden affection asked, “Bryna, what's this for?”
She just answered, (For making this the best day I've had in a long time.)
Remembering the Buizel's recent past, Zeke just returned the hug, slightly blushing as he felt her small, wet bust press up against his bare chest. “Well Bryna, I'd love to stay like this, but I still have two Pokemon to bathe.”
Bryna dropped down from her position, disappointed from the loss of contact, but understanding the reasons, (Alright Zeke, I'll tell Julia it's her turn.)
Zeke nodded, rubbing her head before remembering she was still wet, “Um Bryna, you're still-”
Bryna interrupted him by shaking herself dry, her waterproof fur easily getting rid of the excess water in only a few seconds. “Alright then,” Zeke finished sort of slowly, he just shrugged and went back to the pile of bathroom supplies, preparing for Julia's turn.
Bryna left the bathroom; Zeke could hear conversation in the other room before he heard someone else behind him. (Um… Zeke?) Turning around he saw the red Eon dragon.
“Well in you go Julia,” he ushered her into the tub, a shampoo made for her soft, feathery down held in his hands.
Fitting the two of them into the tub was a bit difficult since Julia was only a bit shorter than himself but he eventually managed to do it. Only unlike Bryna, Julia was facing Zeke, her face in close proximity to his because of the tight space. Zeke turned back on the shower before he began once again.
He guided Julia down to the bottom of the tub. Sitting with his back against the wall, he placed her head up against his chest and made sure her feathers were wet before he got started. He got some of the soap and reached over Julia's head to reach her wings and tail. Unseen to him, Julia's entire face was flushed red as her face was pressed into his chest as he reached down and over.
Finishing up her back, he let her up from the ground and had her vertically floating in front of him. With her chest at his eye level he started scrubbing her underside, making it up to her neck. Pulling her down now to eye level, he started scrubbing her neck. He almost laughed as he heard her coo happily and closed her eyes, moving her long neck into his hand, enjoying the neck rub he was currently giving her.
Finally getting to her head, he scrubbed the red and white feathers around her face. Finishing up with her ears, he almost stopped when he saw her eyes roll into the back of her head. He just shook his head in quiet laughter as he heard her utter something between a coo and a moan, realizing what she found so great. Scarlett did the same thing whenever he scrubbed her ears.
Believing her to be clean he moved the foam covered Latias under the water spray, helping to get rid of the soap by rubbing certain areas of her body. Since her species loved the water just as much as any water Pokemon Julia enjoyed the warm rush, lightly blushing from time to time whenever Zeke touched a more sensitive part of her body in his work.
Finished, Zeke turned off the shower and got him and the Eon Pokemon out. About to dry her with a towel, he stopped as he saw her eyes glow blue, a second later the water coat she had on her glowed as well. Individual water droplets floated into the air and collected in front of her. Eventually Julia was finely dried, a small water orb floating in front of her before she dropped it into the sink.
When she was done she shook herself, loosening the feathers among her body. Once she was done, she just floated there in front of Zeke, her eyes shining with joy and a big smile on her face. Zeke rubbed the top of her head as she rose up until they were eye level. “Julia, I'm done with you, can you go get Scarlett for me?”
Julia seemed a bit disappointed that Zeke wanted her to leave, letting out a sad coo, but understood and disappeared behind the bathroom door. Not a moment later the shiny Quilava entered, staring up at Zeke, (Well let's get this over with.)
Zeke shook his head, knowing the sarcasm in Scarlett's voice. “C'mon Scarlett, let's do this,” he commented, grabbing the shampoo made for her slick, fireproof fur. Scarlett jumped into the tub, Zeke close behind as he turned on the shower for a third time that night.
Repeating the processes once again Zeke began washing her. Zeke was down on his knees with Scarlett facing him as he scrubbed her underside. Scarlett leaned into the rub, remembering her first experience of a bath with Zeke.
It had been back when she had been a Cyndaquil, when she was just starting to have feelings for Zeke. While he'd been bathing her underside inattentively, he'd accidently ran his finger over her opening, needless to say she'd been a bit startled. What Zeke didn't know was that ever since that event she had tried to make that happen again. She was still unsuccessful to this day, but she always remembered how good it had felt, even if she hadn't expected it.
Zeke now moved to her back, making sure to take extra care as he ran over her sensitive hot spots, although it still made her flinch. Working up to her head, he spent a little extra time on her ears, knowing how much she loved it. Scarlett was in bliss as Zeke did so, trying to get as much out of the rub as she could.
Finishing up with her nose he put her under the spray, but continued his scrubbing to get rid of the soap faster. Finishing up with her, he turned off the shower and got the two of them out. Placing Scarlett on the ground, he put a little distance between himself and her. Scarlett closed her eyes in concentration, her entire body basically turned red hot as the hot spots ignited as well, the water in her fur evaporating into steam.
Now that all the Pokemon were finished, Zeke ushered the little Quilava out of the bathroom and got ready to take his own shower. `Well this is going to be a big hassle once I get more team members, especially now that Rowan gave me that master's license. I really owe him for that; guess I just gotta be thankful I got that job.' Noticing something before he got started he walked back over to the door and locked it. Unknown to him, three unheard disappointed sighs were uttered by his Pokemon on the other side.
-- --
Zeke exited the bathroom, a towel wrapped around his waist as he stared at the three Pokemon sleeping on his bed. It was pretty late now that he looked. Putting on some boxers and a pair of pants he decided to get to bed himself, they had some training to do tomorrow.
Crawling around the three bodies on top of his bed, he managed to get under the blankets, but he noticed three pairs of eyes looking at him. `Well at least I don't have to worry about any of them being light sleepers,' he sighed to himself. His three Pokemon as was the usual bedtime ritual took up positions around him.
Julia, like usual due to her size, lazily floated over to him and nestled into his side, laying an arm on his bare chest. Bryna got on top of part of the pillow that was above him, slightly blocking his vision with her stomach. Scarlett was about to curl up in her usual spot before Zeke decided to do something else. Grabbing on to a mildly startled Quilava, he wrapped her in his arms and laid her on his chest, her head up against his neck snuggled into his chin.
Surrounded by the warmth of his three Pokemon, it wasn't long before the comfort of sleep grabbed him and pulled him into unconsciousness.
-- Dream Sequence -
“Concentrate Zeke.”
“I am master.”
“No, you're not.”
“Well how would you know!?”
“Zeke, patience, calm yourself.”
“Sorry master.”
He was in the middle of a field, wearing a light blue and black t-shirt and a pair of white shorts. He was bear foot so he wasn't wearing any shoes as he stared at the man in front of him.
The guy was decked in an outfit of a black t-shirt with a single white stripe crossing across the middle and a pair of black cargo pants. Although he seemed relatively young, you could see from first glance that he was also a man of infinite wisdom. He stood in front Zeke in a strange stance, a wooden staff in his hands obviously meant to be some sort of training weapon. Zeke noticed he was doing the same, but his position was sloppier.
“Now once again Zeke, concentrate. Your fighting stance is amateur and your reflexes are slow. If you were part of the military you'd barely last a week. Now let's try this again,” he finished, his stance becoming more agile.
“Yes master,” Zeke almost growled, his impatience growing. `What the heck, when did I get so impatient, I'm never like this. Hm, wonder what could have happened to my personality between this and how I am now. Was this who I was before I lost my memory?'
Zeke put down his thoughts to see what would happen. His `past' self got into a stance, not a second later he raised his staff and charged the older guy. Bringing it down, the guy barely flicked a wrist as he blocked the attack, and then countered with his own attack. Zeke could feel the vibrations and the pressure this time as their staffs connected again.
This only continued on for a few more seconds before Zeke was swept under his legs, making him fall onto his back, his master put the staff up to his neck, lowly saying, “dead.”
He put a hand out as a gesture of kindness which Zeke just hit away in anger. He didn't hurt the guy but he could see the disappointment in his eyes for a second before it disappeared and a low chuckle escaped his lips.
Zeke scowled, “What's so funny!”
His master just shook his head, “I have to deal with this kind of behavior all of the time, I get it a lot from little eight year olds like yourself. You little guys come here thinking you'll be masters in a day. Zeke, you've only been here for two weeks, it'll take years to be as good as I am. Just remember that and you might just get something out of these lessons.
Zeke sighed, “Okay, yes master.”
The man got back into a stance, “Now then young one, let's try again.”
-- --
`Hm, what's this, where am I now?' Now he was once again standing in front of the man, but the scene was a lot different this time.
Even without seeing himself, Zeke knew he was older. Now he was wearing a plain red t-shirt with black shorts, but also an addition of black sneakers. The man was in a white t-shirt and blue sweat pants. Also instead of wooden poles they were sparring with dulled metal swords, but Zeke had two while the other guy only had one.
Charging the guy, Zeke took a strike at him which he managed to block. But striking him with an underhand blow with his second, the guy barely managed to block by angling the end of his sword stopping the blow. The next few moments were a test of strength, something the elderly man obviously lost due to his age.
Renewing his assault, Zeke attacked again, this time holding his swords out to the sides and started spinning on one of his feet. His master stuck his sword out in defense, countering the multiple blows Zeke was dealing as he spun around. Zeke suddenly stopped and raising his sword up, bringing it to the guy's neck. He sighed in defeat though as he felt his master's sword up to his own neck.
“Draw,” his teacher said as he lowered his weapon, Zeke doing the same with his own.
“I almost got you that time,” Zeke told him, happiness and a bit of surprise in his voice.
The man let out the same low chuckle as before, “Yes Zeke, you did. You've come a long way from that little obnoxious child who came to me two years ago. Don't let it go to your head though; you still have quite a ways to go. It always interests me though that you seem to do so well with two swords instead of one. Now, let's do this one more time before we call it quits.”
Zeke got into a stance, “yes sir.”
Once again, Zeke attacked, but this time it felt different, like he had more energy. Not one to waste a chance like this, Zeke let it loose, attacking his master in a fury of blows. Suddenly as he brought his two swords down to strike, he stopped as he watched a fire ignited around the hilt of both his swords and rising in a spiral to the ends, engulfing his hands as well.
`What the hell!' Zeke's eyes opened in horror, shaking his hands in freight, but refrained from screaming as he tried to put out the fire. Expecting intense pain from the fire, the ten year old was shocked to see the fire didn't hurt, but it was even comfortable. His mouth hung open, his eyes opened wide as he stared at his instructor.
The man smiled as he shook his head from side to side, “Well, well, well Zeke. It seems you're a lot more special than even I thought.
The last thing Zeke felt as everything went black was a large sense of confusion at what the guy meant.
-- End Dream -
Zeke opened his eyes as he woke up in a cold sweat. About to sit up, he stopped as he remembered the weight around him. Although he did notice that Bryna had managed to slide off his face. She was now on her back, her head lying against his shoulder while her bottom was still on the side of his pillow with her feet stuck up in the air.
Julia was in the same position as before, only her arm moved a bit up his chest. Now staring at the Quilava still wrapped in his arms, his small smile got a bit larger as he saw her position. She had her feet spread out eagle style, her head still dug into his neck, nuzzled into his chin. He could feel the air around her get hotter and cooler as she breathed, her stomach rising up and down as well. Though now that he listened, it almost sounded like she was panting.
He just shook his head and concentrated on the dream he just had. `Who the heck was that guy? Only thing I got was he was some sort of teacher of mine when I younger. But even with that fact, did I see my hands catch on fire? Where in the name of Arceus did that come from? He sighed, but inaudibly cursed as he remembered all of his Pokemon had heightened hearing and therefore were all light sleepers.
Checking all of his Pokemon individually, he froze as he stared into a pair of ruby eyes. He had a questioning expression as he stared at her though. The Quilava's face was a deep red out of embarrassment and she seemed to have pushed off of his chest, managing to get out of his hold and sliding down his chest a bit.
Questioning the shiny Quilava who he thought of as a sister, he managed to get out of the contact his other two Pokemon had on him and grabbed the Quilava around the waste, she tensed up as he did so. He got off the bed and walked out of the room, not wanting the conversation he was about to start bother the other two girls in his room.
Walking into the deserted Pokecenter's lobby and took a seat on one of the couches, placing the Quilava on his lap. The Nurse Joy had long since gone to bed, so the two of them were alone. Standing on her hind legs, she had her paws crossed as she looked down. Now Zeke was confused, putting his hand under her chin and lifting her head to see her face he asked, “Scarlett, what's wrong?”
Scarlett felt like she wanted to fall over and faint right then. Right before he'd woken her up she'd been having a particularly embarrassing dream involving her and Zeke. Although it was confusing that she found herself to be a Typhlosion in it instead. Well when Zeke had woken her up she thought for sure he'd finally figured something out and was going to interrogate her about it, but it looked like she'd been wrong about that.
All she could think of now was how thankful she was that Zeke was so dense. She just answered , (Nothing Zeke.)
Zeke gave her a suspicious look, “You're sure there's nothing bothering you? You seem embarrassed about something.”
Scarlett looked at him with a small smile, (I'm fine. Really Zeke, I am.)
He sighed, “Well, that at least makes one of us.”
Suddenly concerned about the human, Scarlett asked, (What do you mean Zeke?)
Zeke leaned back into his chair, now staring up at the ceiling, “I had another dream tonight.”
With him leaning back, Scarlett climbed up Zeke's chest and stood up, once again in his eye sight, (want to talk about it?)
Zeke let a small smile emerge at Scarlett's attempt to get him to open up, “sure, why not.”
So the next few minutes Zeke retold Scarlett what happened in his dream. He especially emphasized the part where the fire burst from his hands. When he finished he looked down at the Quilava sitting with her back up against his chest, red eyes looking right back at him. “So what do you think?”
(I wouldn't know Zeke, your idea is the only thing I can think of either. Might be something from your past or you're having some really weird dreams lately. But know this,) Scarlett turned around in his lap to give him a hug; (I don't care what happened in your past or who you used to be. All I care about is who you are now.) Scarlett finished by leaning up and kissing his cheek.
Zeke smiled, thankful for Scarlett's support. “Thanks Scarlett. I guess you're right, there really isn't anything I can do about this, I just have to concentrate on what's going on now. And who knows, maybe I'll learn something from these dreams. Well come on Scarlett,” Zeke said as he wrapped his arms around her midsection and stood up, “let's get to bed, we have some training to do tomorrow or I guess it'd be later today.”
With that, the two went back to bed. Both of them ready for the activities that would happen later that morning.
-- --
End of Chapter 4
Pokedex Entry
Poliwhirl, the Tadpole Pokemon ~Water~
The spiral pattern on its belly subtly undulates. Staring at it gradually causes drowsiness.
 
Scyther, the Mantis Pokemon ~Bug, Flying~
The sharp scythes on its forearms become increasingly sharp by cutting through hard objects.
 
*Entrees written from the Platinum Pokedex*
 
Zeak's Team
Scarlett
Age: 16
Species: Quilava
Element: Fire
*Shiny*
 
Julia
Age: 18
Species: Latias
Element: Dragon, Psychic
 
Bryna
Age: 15
Species: Buizel
Element: Water
 
Trainer's Info
Name: Zeak Ironfist
Age: 18
Current Location: Jubilife City
Region: Sinnoh
Badges:
None
 
Author's Note: If any of you are confused by Zeke's `dreams,' the thoughts he has are from his current self, while the events and dialogue that's happening is from his past. Hope that clears things up for you guys a bit. Any questions, well then you know what to do. *smirks*
Ok, second, did those battles seem ok to you guys? That was my second attempt at a Pokemon battle, and I do think this it was better than my first attempt, but I'm still inexperienced so I wouldn't know if they're any good or not. The sword training was my first attempt at something like that, so if anything seemed odd, I'm sorry. I'd like your guy's opinions as the readers so please comment.
But yeah, any issues that I added that master's license to Zeke's inventory. Although just as a note, this doesn't mean that I'm going to be adding every known Pokemon to his team. It's just a thought so I can add as many Pokemon I think would be useful on his team without having to worry about a limit. So don't worry about only seeing a Pokemon on his team once or twice. Any member on his team I plan to give plenty of screen time each.
Also, if any of you guys want to give me any story suggestions, I'm really kind of open to them as long as it doesn't mess with my intended plot. So if there's something you'd like to see to make this story more entertaining for you before it all ends, please PM me, or even send me an email if that's your thing, try to avoid writing a review about it though, please. I'd like to keep the reviews as a place where readers can comment on the story, whatever it is they liked or that bothered them.
But by that invitation, I mean suggesting almost anything; whether it's a Pokemon you'd like to see added to Zeke's team, a subplot idea, a character of your own or anything else you can think of, just say something. And if your idea seems like something that I could work into my story you might just see it in a future chapter. So yeah, send an email or PM and you never know what might happen.
And last but certainly not least, a reminder about the poll and to keep the reviews coming you guys, they really are appreciated. Whether it be constructive criticism or just a compliment. (Yes I like getting reviews.)
See Ya!