Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ A Lone Guardian ❯ The Beginning to a Journey ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: Well Zeke finally starts his journey, but it doesn't go quite as planned. I'd also like to thank those of you who have reviewed this story, so thanks I guess is all I can really say. Ok, now that that's over with, on with chapter 3.
Disclaimer: Um, yeah, do I have to write one of these for every chapter? Anyway, didn't own Pokemon when I wrote the last chapter, still don't own it now.
The Beginning of a Journey
-- --
`Thoughts' “Human Speech” (Pokespeech) (Telepathy)
-- --
“Come on Scarlett, aren't you ready to go yet?”
(Just one more minute, Zeke.)
The morning for Zeke had run pretty smoothly, he'd gotten up, surprised not to have any weird dreams the night before, and was careful not to wake up the two Pokemon still asleep. He'd gone into the kitchen and went out to go get breakfast, planning to surprise Scarlett and Julia with a basket of berries when they woke up as he didn't know how long it would be until they found some again.
By the time he had gotten back, there they were, sitting at the dining table, having a discussion on something, what though he was unsure of. They ate the meal, conversation easily exchanged among their small group which, Zeke was sure, would soon be much larger.
After breakfast he went back into the bedroom to put on the outfit he had chosen out the night before, a blue t-shirt with a black sleeveless hoodie overtop and a pair of white cargo shorts to go with it. Then he'd slipped on his new pair of running shoes and walked over the two swords leaning against the wall.
While he had made some rough looking versions of a sheath for the two swords, he had also connected a strap of clothing at the top and bottom of both sheaths to act as a sort of brace to hold them up. He slid both swords over his head, having both of the sword hilts sticking out to the left, seen just above his shoulder.
Once those were in place he grabbed the backpack sitting in the corner. He slipped it on; careful to make sure it didn't mess with the blades. While he was sure he wouldn't get in trouble for having the two swords, he still made sure they were covered with his backpack to the best of his ability, as he didn't need people staring. Once he had everything on, he checked the room one last time, making sure everything was in its place, even if he might not come back, he didn't want to come home to a pigsty.
Finally ready to go, he made sure the two Pokemon were ready as well, including Julia's first successful appearance change, and headed out the front door. At this very moment though he was standing just outside the house, but it seemed Scarlett was a little hesitant to be leaving.
“Scarlett, are you sure you want to go?” he asked.
(Yeah Zeke, it's just well… I've lived in this forest my entire life; I guess I'm just a little sad I'll be leaving it all behind.) Scarlett explained.
“Scarlett,” Zeke stated with a small bit of humor laced in his voice, “You're not supposed to be homesick until after we leave.”
Scarlett smiled, (I know, it's just a little hard leaving the place I've known for so long.)
“Well how about we find a place you do know well,” Zeke said while bending over, pointing to his head, “come on, hop up.”
Scarlett took the invitation without hesitation. Moments later she watched from atop Zeke's head as their small cabin disappeared from view, she sighed and then turned her head forward, along the path they were currently taking.
Zeke just continued walking forward, with a shiny Quilava on top of his head and a disguised Latias at his side. Headed toward his last stop before his journey began, being professor Rowan's lab.
-- --
Zeke walked up the pathway through town that led to the lab, preparing to face Rowan and tell him he was quitting. He walked up to the iron gates surrounding the lab grounds and bent over to the intercom placed to the right. When asked for his name he indentified himself and gained access, the gates slowly opening mechanically.
He continued up the cement pathway, taking a look at the simulated environments around him, it didn't take long before some of the Pokemon on the grounds started greeting him with a wave or some other form of acknowledgment. When he looked to his left though, he saw Julia trying to see everything, amazed by all the different kinds of Pokemon that lived at the lab.
“Like what you're seeing Julia,” he interrupted, grabbing her attention.
The disguised Latias just responded by nodding her head vigorously, clearly showing her excitement.
When they finally reached the door to the front of the lab, he pushed the buzzer next to the door and waited only a moment before one of the professor's assistants answered the door. He gestured Zeke to come inside, and he did so, wiping his feet on the floor mat as he did. The assistant left, Zeke knowing he had done so to fetch the professor, so he and the two Pokemon just waited.
It only took a minute for the professor to enter the room, a smile almost permanently etched on his face from greeting all the new trainers. “Zeke, it's good to see you, what is it that you need?”
Zeke rubbed the back of his neck nervously, well no point in postponing the inevitable, but he was still afraid that the professor might take this the wrong way, “Well professor, I came to say that I'm quitting my job as your assistant.”
The professor's demeanor quickly changed to one of surprise, “What? Is there a problem Zeke?”
Zeke just put his hands in front of him defensively, a sheepish grin on his face, “there's no problem professor. It's just that I've decided to go on my own Pokemon journey, something I should have done a long time ago.”
The professor's expression then turned to one of understanding. “Ah, so did Scarlett there convince you to do this?” he asked, pointing to the Quilava hanging out on top of Zeke's head.
Zeke shook his head, “No, this was a decision I made myself; I'm just here to quit and get my trainer's license.”
The professor nodded, “Alright then, since you already filled out that application for a job as my assistant, this should be rather easy. Come with me into this back room and we'll get started.”
The professor entered his office; Zeke followed, but motioned for Scarlett to get down and then told his two Pokemon to stay behind.
-- --
“And here you go Zeke, your trainer's license. I'm guessing you won't need a starter since you already have Scarlett?” the professor asked as he finished the trainer registration.
Zeke took a final look at the registration form to make sure everything was correct, “That's right professor, and I just came to resign and to get my license and Pokedex.”
“Which reminds me,” the professor said as he walked over and reached behind a machine, grabbed something, and pulled out a Pokedex with a small cable attached. The professor disconnected the cable and handed Zeke the Pokedex, “Here you are Zeke, just updated this Pokedex on all the currently known Pokemon. Now I'm sure you've heard my speech as to what I want you to do with it over a dozen times, so I'll just let you be on your merry way.”
“Thanks professor Rowan, for everything really. Sorry that I had to quit my position.”
The professor just waved him off, “Don't mention it boy, I forgot that your only eighteen, a kid like you should be traveling the world, not stuck in some office like an old goat like me. Now then, off you go, but if you ever want your position back as one of my assistants, Zeke, the job is always open.”
Zeke chuckled at the professor's attempt at humor, “Well, thanks again professor, I appreciate it.”
The professor just hurried Zeke out of his office, “Well then stop pestering me and go, you have a trip to go on.
Zeke nodded, but looked over at his two Pokemon who hadn't moved since he left them and motioned over for them. Seeing him, they both nodded and hurried over, Scarlett climbing up to the perch of his head again, while Julia stopped at his side.
Stopping him at the front door though the professor gave Zeke one last thing, “Oh and Zeke, before you go, you can't be a trainer without these,” the professor reminded before handing Zeke a handful of Pokeballs. Zeke took the small capture devices and headed back down the pathway he'd come up, waving at his previous employer and oldest human friend until the professor closed the door, blocking him from sight.
-- --
Once Zeke had made it to the outskirts of Sandgem Town he walked over and hid behind some trees and turned to his two Pokemon, “Alright you two, you ready to be caught in a Pokeball?”
Both Pokemon just nodded, when Zeke held out the two Pokeballs, Scarlett just bumped it with the end of her nose, Julia poking it with a finger. Both Pokemon got sucked in to their respective Pokeballs only to be released by Zeke a moment later, and immediately took their original positions. He placed both of the `occupied' Pokeballs into a small pocket of his backpack with all of the others.
“Alright girls, no need to stay here any longer, let's go,” Zeke announced as he walked back onto the path that would lead to Jubilife City.
-- --
A few hours later Zeke was still walking down the road, Julia had since gotten bored and had asked to be put back in her Pokeball. Now it was just him and Scarlett, Scarlett had made a few attempts at games with Zeke, but none of them had ended well.
(Ok, I… spy… something… green,) Scarlett finally chose.
“Ok, is it a tree?” Zeke asked.
(No,) Scarlett answered.
“Is it a bush?”
Scarlett stared at him with a disappointed expression, (Aww, come on Zeke, how'd you get it.)
“Scarlett.” Zeke scolded, “There isn't anything around us except for a bunch of freaking trees and plants!”
(Ok then, I spy something grey,) Scarlett said with a victorious grin.
Zeke just sighed, “Is it a rock?”
(Damnit Zeke!)
-- --
Now Zeke was alone, Scarlett had gotten tired to of her boredom, and like Julia, had asked to be put in her Pokeball. Zeke was about ready to be put in one himself. Man, he had to find some form of entertainment for this whole traveling business. They'd already ate lunch so that was out of the question, and dinner wouldn't be for a few more hours.
“Ugh, why does all this walking have to be so boring!?” Zeke cried in frustration. He wasn't use to these long hours of boredom, usually Scarlett would have found some sort of entertainment by now, but even she had failed her department of expertise. Zeke continued onward, despite his raving insanity going on as he talked to himself.
-- --
“Ok, how do people freaking do this all the time!?” Zeke yelled to the sky as he fell to his knees, attracting some odd attention from some of surrounding wild Pokemon.
“Uh well, guess I'll just keep moving,” Zeke sighed embarrassingly as he got back up to his feet.
-- --
“Finally!” Zeke yelled with excitement as dinner time finally rolled around.
Looking for a place to set up camp for the evening, Zeke sent out Julia in her Pokemon appearance.
“Julia, can you help me find a place to set up dinner?” he asked.
Julia just nodded her head and took off into the sky, just about as excited as Zeke to start dinner.
With Zeke scanning the ground and Julia searching from the skies, it didn't take long for them to find a place to set up camp. Julia managed to find a small clearing just within the edge of the forest, so Zeke wouldn't have to worry about Julia being seen by any passing trainers.
Now with a suitable camping spot, Zeke placed his pack down and sent out Scarlett as well, grabbing the small tent from his pack right afterwards. While Zeke started pitching the tent, the two Pokemon decided to pass the time by having a silly face contest, both of them quite horrible at it.
Zeke looked up from what he was doing at the two Pokemon to see Julia trying to get Scarlett to laugh by floating upside down and contorting her face into an odd manner.
“You know Julia, if you keep doing that, your face could get stuck that way,” Zeke commented, the Latias staring at him in horror. Zeke just laughed at her expression, Julia's cheeks heating up in embarrassment. After that, the two Pokemon just lay on the ground watching as Zeke struggled with the tent until he finally managed to pitch it up, it having been a tent built for six people.
“Ok, you two, now that the tent's done, I'm going to go get some fire wood, so wish me luck. I'll see you girls later,” Zeke announced as he headed deeper in the forest, completely unaware of what he was about to find.
-- --
She was tired, that was all she was aware of, she'd been traveling for the past two days straight to avoid any fights with the wild Pokemon. She wasn't just tired though, she was hungry, she was thirsty, and she was broken.
After her trainer had abandoned her she didn't know what to do. Ever since he'd caught her all he had ever done was criticize and insult her. Sadly, as much as she had grown to hate him, she needed him. He let her sleep out of harm's way as well as kept her fed and gave her plenty of water, but none of that mattered now that she was alone.
It had all been because of that stupid battle. He'd met a rival of his on the road and challenged him. During the battle all of his other Pokemon had fainted, so he had called her out. When he did though he had promised her one thing, if she lost this battle, he'd be done with her.
The issue had been he had put her up against an electric type, and it wasn't any pushover either. Even with most of her attacks being long ranged she had never really stood a chance. One powerful Charge Beam and her legs had given out as she fainted. When she opened her eyes again both her trainer and his rival were gone, she really was alone.
Since then she kept herself moving, she was still too weak to fight any other Pokemon. So she continued forward, the only thing driving her being her survival instincts. Unfortunately luck wasn't with her as she heard a growl come from behind her. She turned around just in time to be tackled to the chest by a Bidoof.
`Ah crap,' she thought as she landed on her back, the Bidoof stopping only a few feet away. She slowly climbed back to her feet, her exhaustion working against her. The Bidoof got into position to attack again, but before he did she surrounded herself with water and shot off in an Aqua Jet to escape, she didn't stand a chance if she tried to fight.
When she was sure she was safe, she ceased using the move and got down to her hands and knees to rest in the middle of a clearing, but she felt a lot more tired than what she should have. What had happened back there? She felt her arms give out in front of her and fell face first into the ground. It looked like her exhaustion was finally going against her.
Her weakened body, she knew, was starting to give up. She could already feel her heartbeat slowing down. She'd needed food and water if she wanted to get out of this, but right now she could barely move, not to mention search for food. So as she started slipping into unconsciousness, a thought struck her. Maybe dying wouldn't be so bad.
-- --
`Just a bit more firewood and that should be fine for tonight.' Zeke thought as he grabbed a bit more wood off the ground and put it in the stack he was carrying with his left hand. Zeke looked ahead of him and saw a clearing, `Guess I'll check over there, no where else to go really. Who knows, I might find something interesting.'
Zeke headed for the edge, completely unaware about how much he'd regret that statement later, but when he emerged into the clearing, what he saw, well, it surprised him to say the least. `Ok, I know I said something interesting, but this is definitely NOT WHAT I HAD IN MIND!' Zeke thought as he saw a fainted orange weasel Pokemon, a Buizel, if he was mistaken.
Taking cautious measures, he bent down slowly and dropped the firewood he was carrying, and then approached the fainted Pokemon. Using the skills he'd learned as the professor's assistant, he began examining it. The first thing he made sure to do was check its pulse. He did so, and even though it was faint, it was there; well at least it was still alive.
He then examined it for any serious injury. He ran his hand slowly through its fur to see if he could find anything, well it's back seemed to be okay; better flip it over to check its front. He did so, but when he did, a light blush lighted his face as he examined her. That's was the thing though, he definitely knew it was a girl now. Unlike most Buizel, he could see that she actually had a bust. It wasn't large by any means, but it was more than any female Buizel normally would have.
After that embarrassing discovery, he managed to regain himself and continue what he had been doing. He checked her front like he did her back, but made sure to avoid her breasts, so he wouldn't be caught in any `awkward' situations. Finding that she was uninjured, except for a few cuts and bruises, he decided he'd take a guess at why she fainted. `Well, since there aren't ay other wild Pokemon here, guess that means that she must have fainted from exhaustion.'
Putting his arms under her he lifted her up and hung her over his shoulder. `Well, no use in leaving her here.' He walked back to his campsite, picking up the sticks he dropped to the ground as he walked past, `Yeah right, I'm not leaving behind all that work I did, and we're definitely going to need that fire now that I have this little sleeping beauty to take care of.'
He was lucky that he hadn't gone that deep into the forest, the campsite was only about ten minutes away. That didn't stop the flood of questions that filled his mind about the little Buizel hanging over his shoulder right now. None the less, he tried to ignore them and more on keeping her alive.
As he expected, when he got back to camp, there were Julia and Scarlett, talking to each other about whatever he couldn't probably relate to. He wasn't surprised when their faces of welcome quickly changed to those of confusion when they saw the Pokemon hanging over his shoulder.
(Uh, I might regret this later, but why is there a Pokemon hanging your shoulder Zeke, please don't tell me that's dinner,) Scarlett joked.
Zeke just gave her a look that he wasn't amused and dropped the firewood down in front of her, “Well Scarlett, since you have time for jokes, I'm sure you have plenty of time to get a campfire started for us.”
Scarlett just looked at him with an accusing glare and stuck her tongue out at him as she started placing the wood in a fire pit she and Julia had made while he'd been gone, Julia assisting when she could. Zeke just shook his head with amusement as he headed for his bag thinking, `Ah yes, and the immaturity Scarlett gives off sometimes.'
Placing the Buizel down on her back, Zeke dropped down to his knees and removed his sleeping bag from his backpack. He spread it out on the ground and placed the Buizel on top of it. No point in her being uncomfortable, even if she was unconscious.
Now came the hard part, he'd have to force feed her if he wanted her to eat anything. Then an idea struck him, remembering something the professor had done to feed a fainted Pokemon. Grabbing a container of Pokemon food and handkerchief from his back, he poured some of the container's contents onto the handkerchief and wrapped them up, tying the four corners of the handkerchief together so the food was kept in a tight bundle.
Then placing the small sack on top of a nearby rock, he grabbed one of the two swords lying against his pack. He raised it above his head and brought the blunt side of it down of the sack of food. He kept smashing the food until he was sure most of it had been reduced to either powder or, at least, small pieces. He then started searching for something else in his pack.
Finding it, he brought out a small reusable water bottle from his pack out of the few he'd bought the day before. He untied the handkerchief, unscrewed the bottle, and slowly emptied the reduced food into the water bottle. He closed the lid and shook the bottle a few times, mixing the food in it, now the water was a deep brown.
Finally finishing his work, he unscrewed the bottle for a second time and brought it slowly to the Pokemon's mouth. He made sure her mouth was open and took care as he slowly poured the contents of the bottle into the Buizel's mouth, tilting her head back to make sure it went down her throat. Once the contents of the bottle were emptied he returned the bottle to his bag and checked the Buizel one last time before heading over to see his other two Pokemon.
He saw them laying next to each other, staring into the flames of the fire they'd just made. He walked up to them and sat down, grabbing both of their attention.
(So Zeke, who's the Pokemon, I thought you said you were just getting some firewood?) Scarlett asked.
“Well I was Scarlett, but I entered this clearing and there she was already, completely unconscious,” Zeke answered, a little exasperated over the whole deal.
(Uh Zeke, how do you know it's a girl? I mean did you check her well, you know?) Julia asked, Zeke realizing what she was implying.
“Uh, before I answer that first question Julia, let me make this clear right now, that's sick. I would never do that to anybody, human or Pokemon, unconscious or not, that's a serious defiance of privacy. Now as for your first question, Julia, I figured that out because, well come over here, I'll just show you,” Zeke responded.
He led his two Pokemon over to the Buizel, stopping once she was in view. “Alright now just look.”
Scarlett and Julia both looked over at the fainted Pokemon, Scarlett responded, (Zeke, I don't see any-? Ah, what the fuc-!)
“SCARLETT!” Zeke screamed, realizing what she was about to say.
(Sorry Zeke,) she apologized, (I was just caught off guard, not very many Buizel develop breasts, I mean I wouldn't be surprised at all if she was a Floatzel, but she's just a little Buizel.)
Now Zeke's interests were peaked, “You mean to tell me that this happens a lot.”
Scarlett shrugged, (Yes actually, how else do you think that Pokemon feed their kids. Well Julia, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't though, right?)
Julia nodded, (Yep, Lati siblings don't need to feed from a mom, most dragon types grow their teeth within the first day or so after we're born, and it's a survival technique so newborns can get food on their own in case the parents are unable to. I do have to say though that I can't imagine how much it would hurt to have to breast feed a child with teeth, talk about pain.)
Zeke, starting to feel a little awkward in the situation, decided to get back on topic. “Um, Scarlett, you were saying.”
Scarlett and Julia lightly blushed, realizing where the conversation could have gone if Zeke hadn't decided to interrupt. (Sorry Zeke, anyway it's really uncommon to see a Pokemon as small as this have visible breasts like that outside of pregnancy, I'm not even sure if I'll have them when I evolve unless I myself get pregnant, but we'd just have to wait and see until then.)
Zeke blushed as he imagined Scarlett as a Typhlosion breast feeding her pups. Shaking his head to get rid of the perverted image he asked one more question, but he couldn't stop his blush from getting heavier as he asked, “So then if they're this visible now, if she evolves into a Floatzel-”
Scarlett finished for him, (Yeah, they'll probably only be a bit smaller than an actual human girl's, but sometimes things like this just happen in nature. Don't think too much on it though Zeke, her fur will keep anything `personal' hidden, so you don't have to worry about it.)
Now with those questions out of the way, Zeke had one last thing on his mind, that concerned a different member of their group, “Well Scarlett, I know you want to be a mom, but what about you, Julia?”
The Latias' nervousness once again emerged as she was put under the spotlight, clicking her claws together, Julia responded, (Well yeah, definitely. I'd love to have children Zeke. The only issue is that since I'm a legendary and all, there are only a few species that I can successfully produce offspring with, none of which I think we'll be running into.)
Zeke nodded his head, accepting her answer. “Well, come on you two, sitting here isn't going to make this Buizel wake up any sooner, hopefully she can answer any questions we have when she wakes up, but until then let's give her some space.”
The group of three headed back for the campfire, on the way though he grabbed his pack while he passed it, no point in coming back for it. The three of them took seats around the fire and Zeke pulled some of the Pokemon food and two bowls out of his pack.
Once he was sure his two Pokemon were set for dinner he grabbed some ramen and a larger water bottle out of his pack than he had before. Also grabbing a mess kit, he took the utensils out and poured some of the water in the metal container, he then started preparing the ramen.
Zeke held the metal cup of ramen over the fire as he discussed with the girls about any plans for the next day. Once he was sure it was nicely cooked he grabbed a fork and got started on his own dinner, deciding to stay quiet for the time and let the girls lead the dinner conversation.
-- --
Once dinner was finished Zeke packed everything back in his pack and went to go check up on the Buizel and leave the girls on their own for the time being. He walked back over to the sleeping Pokemon lying on his sleeping bag, checking her pulse again as he knelt down. He smiled as he felt a much stronger pulse than he had before, looks like all she needed was a meal and some rest.
Looking up at the darkening sky, Zeke just sighed and lay down on his back in the grass. This always was the most calming part of the day for him. Zeke closed his eyes and just let the stress of the last hour or so drain away as he relaxed. Quite a first day, how many trainers could say they'd even seen a Buizel like this before.
The question was though how would she react when she woke up? That question bothered Zeke for awhile, before he just sighed, there wasn't really any way he was going to find out until she woke up. And speaking of such, `Well guess I better be getting to bed to.' Zeke finally admitted, getting up from his comfortable position on the ground.
Not wanting to disturb the Buizel though, he opened up the flap to his tent, and walked back over to the sleeping bag. Grabbing it, he slowly pulled it backwards into his tent, `Like I'm really going to sleep outside after all that time I spent on this thing.' Once he was satisfied with the placement he zipped up the tent flap, but next came the hard part.
`Now how am I going to do this, well guess I'll have to think of something,' Zeke pondered as he tried to figure out a way to fit into his sleeping bag without disturbing the Buizel. Finally he decided he'd just wing it and see how it would go.
Pulling up the opening to the sleeping bag, he cautiously slid in, careful not to wake up the weasel Pokemon. Once he was preferably inside, he realized he forgot to take off his clothes beforehand. Not wanting to get out and deal with all of that again, he decided to sleep how he had the night before due to Julia's embarrassment. He took off his shoes and socks, and then followed that with his sweatshirt and t-shirt, leaving him in only his pants.
Satisfied with his position he snuggled up in his sleeping bag, but then remembered one last thing. If he slept like this the Buizel would probably roll off and possibly hurt him or herself, so not wanting to take the risk of seeing what would happen if he didn't, he grabbed the Buizel and pulled her into the bag with him, although he couldn't help the small blush as her petite bust rubbed up against his chest. Now with the Buizel wrapped in his arms and both of them comfortable, Zeke finally closed his eyes and relaxed.
Only a minute later he heard the zipper to his tent opening. Looking to see what it was, he smiled at his two Pokemon in the doorway, “Well come on and join the party, we've got plenty of room.” And indeed he did as he had thought ahead when he was buying tents, thinking that most likely, he'd be sleeping with most, if not all of his Pokemon outside of their balls during the night.
The two Pokemon that were currently outside came in without hesitation. Julia just snuggled up into his left side, burying her head into his neck. Scarlett on the other hand curled up on top of his lap, taking up her usual place.
Now with a Pokemon in his arms and two Pokemon at his sides, Zeke gave in to the surrounding warmth and fell to the temptations of slumber.
-- The Next Morning --
The first thing she noticed as she woke up was that she in fact, wasn't dead. The next was the comfortable position she was in. Of course that comfort was gone almost instantly as it dawned on her that she had the arms of somebody wrapped around her and that she was currently snuggling up into somebody's chest.
Opening her eyes, she saw that she was looking into the face of a human. He seemed to be a few years older than her previous trainer, as he was taller and looked a lot more mature, but that only confused her. How did she get here?
The only real answer was that he must have saved her after she'd fallen unconscious. Knowing that the Buizel's emotions took a bit of a roller coaster from confusion, to curiosity, to sadness, and then to anger.
Why couldn't he have just let her die in peace? There wasn't any reason for her to live. She didn't know where her family was, the only life she ever knew was gone, and she was useless to anyone anyway.
Feeling complete rage towards the human in front of her, she just followed her instincts. She opened her jaw and lunged for his neck.
-- --
Well Zeke was surprised to say the least. Here he was just dreaming away, when suddenly an angry Pokemon lunges at him and wraps its mouth around his neck. Opening his eyes, he wasn't all that shocked to see it was the Buizel. Well this day was just starting out all fine and dandy, now wasn't it?
`Oh sh*t, please don't tell me I just saved a psychotically driven cannibal,' Zeke thought as he felt the life leaving him as the Pokemon's grip tightened.
Luckily for him, Julia being the psychic that she was, sensed his mental distress and was awake almost instantaneously. Although startled at first by the Pokemon attacking the guy right next to her, she quickly pulled herself together and tackled the Pokemon head on. The Buizel, with all of her attention on Zeke and blinded by her rage, didn't have anytime to react and was thrown off Zeke and into the side of the tent.
With the immediate threat over, Julia made sure Zeke was okay before approaching the downed Buizel. Angry that she tried to kill the boy she had a crush on, Julia mentally attacked the Buizel, causing the water type to cry out in agony until the dragoness felt a hand grip her shoulder, making her lose concentration.
Looking over at the human boy, she saw him shaking his head in disagreement. “Julia, come on, don't attack her just yet, I need to know something first,” Zeke explained. When he saw Julia about make an arguing comment he added, “I'll be fine, I have Scarlett,” he motioned down to the awakened and alert Quilava at his side, “and you.” He finished, putting a comforting hand on the side of the dragon type's neck, giving it a soft rub, and then slowly crawled over to the Buizel.
When he grabbed the attention of the water type, she turned to the other direction, refusing to look at him. Then she spoke, (Why did you save me?)
Zeke was confused as to why she'd be asking such a question, “Um, because you were almost dead, and you needed to be if you wanted to survive.”
Now the Buizel looked over at him, but the teary expression was a bit of a surprise for Zeke, with a glare she commented, (Who said I wanted to live?)
What happened next surprised every Pokemon in the tent at the time. The Buizel held her cheek where Zeke had just slapped her. While pointing an accusing finger at her he growled, “Don't you dare say something like that! Every life is precious in this world, and nobody should want death, nobody!”
The next few minutes were a staring contest between the Buizel and Zeke. Eventually though, the Buizel just crossed her arms and turned back around, whispering, (Why would you even care, you don't even know me.)
Zeke just smiled, “Well then maybe I can get to know you.”
The Buizel turned back around her eyes suddenly popped in realization, Zeke just smiled as he knew what she just figured out. (Wait a minute! You ca-can, you can understand me!)
Zeke rolled his eyes; looks like this would probably be happening a lot in the future. “Yeah I can understand Pokespeech, and before you ask. No, I don't know why.”
The Buizel just shook her head, shaking the surprise off, (Doesn't matter, all of you humans are the same anyway. You're all greedy bastards who think you're all better than everyone else.)
Zeke sighed to himself, `Is it so much to ask to run into a Pokemon who doesn't hate humans just once?' “Alright listen, ah…,” he started before he realized that he never got her name, “Um, do you have a name?”
The Buizel looked at him with a bit of shock, (You want to know my name, but why?)
Now it was Zeke's turn to be confused, “So that way I have something to call you by? I can't go around and call you `Buizel' all day long, now can I?”
The Buizel looked at the ground, (My trainer did.)
Zeke shook his head in amusement, “Please, you've already told me enough about your views on humans alone to tell me what kind of person your trainer was. I used to work as an assistant for a professor so I worked with a lot of abandoned Pokemon. Let me guess, he insulted you on a daily basis, called you weak and pathetic yet he did nothing to change that fact, and he just recently abandoned you for some stupid reason, am I right?”
The Buizel looked up at him with shock expression at how right he was about her, Zeke just shook his head sadly, “Your position isn't as rare as you think, and there are a lot of trainers who don't view Pokemon as living, breathing things on an equal basis as themselves. They view them as vessels they can use to receive money, power, and glory for themselves; they just don't want to do the work that's involved with being a Pokemon trainer.”
The Buizel closed her eyes as she felt the tears coming a second time, (Sometimes I wonder why he even kept me along.)
“Well it was probably because,” Zeke stopped as an idea struck him, `That sick, perverted prick!' What Scarlett had told him before, about Pokemon and their anatomy, if what she said was true then maybe this trainer had been waiting for her to evolve into a Floatzel? Maybe he was waiting so he could relieve some sexual tension. Well he couldn't tell her that, if the Buizel found out, that might get her down even more.
(Because why?) The Buizel tried to get Zeke to continue.
“Um, ah, I still haven't gotten your name actually,” Zeke said, trying to change the subject.
(Oh,) the Buizel looked down again, (I don't have a name.)
“Hm, really, that's weird, would you like me to give you one?” he asked.
The Buizel looked up at him in a bit of confusion, (You want to give me a name, but why?)
Zeke shrugged, “Well so people will have something to call you in the future, and besides, naming someone, shows them that you care.” He just flashed a smile.
The Buizel, seeming to be a lot better by now, got up from the floor and stood in front of Zeke, putting her paws on her hips she responded, (Alright, what do you've got?)
“Hm,” Zeke sat there for a few minutes until he finally thought of something, “How about Bryna?”
(Bryna?) The Buizel raised her right paw from her hip to her chin as she thought. Zeke froze as the Buizel rushed toward him. The two Pokemon behind him got defensive and were about to attack until they saw Zeke had been tackled to the ground in a hug. (It sounds great, um I never got your name either,) the Buizel replied as she sat in his lap, rubbing the back of her head in embarrassment.
“It's Zeke,” he gasped, caught off guard from having the air forcibly taken from his lungs.
Bryna lied back down on Zeke's chest and continued the hug from before, (Well thanks, Zeke.)
Recovering from the Buizel's surprise attack, Zeke smiled up at her and rubbed the top of her head, “You know Bryna, this might seem a bit sudden, but would you like to join our team?”
Now Bryna mouth was opened in shock, unlike before though her small barriers broke as she finally let the tears fall, unable to speak she nodded her head and then buried it into his chest. Zeke looked over at his other two Pokemon and was sort of surprised to see teary eyed smiles directed at him. He just smiled back, hoping the three Pokemon would soon get along together pretty soon.
Looking up from his position on the ground at the Buizel he waited until her tears stopped before sitting up from his position. “Well Bryna, since your part of the team, you're also considered part of the family in my opinion so meet your `sisters' I guess. Bryna, the Latias is Julia, and the Quilava is Scarlett. So girls, go on and get to know each other, I need to go get some firewood for breakfast.”
As Zeke said that he pulled the Buizel off of him, stood up with his head bent over so he wouldn't bump into the top of the tent, grabbed his blue t-shirt off of the ground and went outside, pulling the shirt on as he walked. All three Pokemon had their eyes on him as he left until he disappeared on the other side of the tarp.
Scarlett was the first to speak, (Well Bryna, I guess, welcome to the family, if Zeke wants you here, and then we all do. Just please don't attack Zeke again like you just did a while ago, you nearly gave me a heart attack there until Julia tackled you.)
Bryna looked down shamefully as she realized what she had come close to doing only a few minutes earlier that morning. (Bryna,) she heard the Latias direct at her, (don't feel so bad about it, as long as you're sorry, and you promise not to scare us like that again, we're fine.)
The Buizel smiled sadly and while rubbing the back of her head whispered, (Thanks.)
(Well come on,) Scarlett told the other two, (let's go outside, we'll be able to move around a lot more easily that way.) The other two had no reason to argue and within moments all three Pokemon were gathered around the ashes of the fire from the night before.
Bryna asked a question that had been bothering her for the past few minutes, (Is he really like that all the time?)
Scarlett smiled in admiration, (Yeah, he is. The thing is that he lost his memory about two years ago. I have no idea if he was always like this or it's because of his memory loss, but I would never want him to change. The funny thing is that he looks at Pokemon at a far more equal level than most humans do because he can understand us, that's why he thinks of us like family. It's also the way that he thinks of us that causes him to care so much. So yeah Bryna, sometimes I think he cares even more than he realizes.)
(So how did you two meet him?) Bryna then asked.
(Well, he saved me from two poachers who killed my mom and my dad. I still don't know how he did it, but he managed to get behind both of them and kill them before they managed to get to me as well. After that he took care of me for two years like an older brother. Unfortunately, I fell in love with him, and not like a sister, like a mate,) Scarlett admitted with a sad smile to the Buizel.
Before the Latias told her story the Buizel interrupted, (Wait, you fell in love with him? How could you fall in love with a human?)
Scarlett smiled, (What's wrong with him? So he's a human, so what? I'm going to let you both in on something I never told Zeke or anyone else. My great, great grandfather was human.)
Well, the Latias and Buizel were both shocked to say the least. That had definitely not been something they were expecting. (So wait?) Julia asked, (If you have human genes in your heritage, why didn't Zeke notice that when he saw your parents?)
Scarlett shrugged, (It's weird, for some reason the human characteristics seem to skip generations, the only thing that's constant is the fact that I have a line of ancestors who are all shiny since then. The more human appearance changes I know won't take place until I evolve, so we'll just have to wait and see if I'm affected by it at all. So you know about me, Bryna, so I guess it's your turn Julia.)
(Well, can't say I'll be able to beat that,) Julia remarked to the surprise of Scarlett's ancestry, (but Zeke saved me from two poachers as well, they'd been chasing me for a few days before I had to rest from exhaustion. I fell asleep in a cave, and when I woke up there he was, looking down at me. I think I might be in love with him too, but this love thing really just has me all confused. And as for your question of why Bryna, it's not the fact that he's human that made me and Scarlett fall for him, it's his personality.)
Bryna just sat there in thought, (Wait, so if you both love him, why aren't you both fighting for him or something?)
Julia and Scarlett looked at each other before they both started laughing, Scarlett answered, (What would be the point of that, Zeke would just think of both of us as really immature, and besides, we've both decided our feelings, it's Zeke's turn to decide who he picks, not ours. I'd rather embrace that sister relationship I'm supposed to have with Julia anyway. It's nice to have someone who you can relate to from time to time.)
The Buizel sat there thinking. As much as she thought it was wrong, they were right, what was wrong with falling in love with a human, especially one who could be just a great a mate as any Pokemon could? If what the two said was true, this trainer sounded like the best they came. The more Bryna thought about it, the more she realized, maybe she'd fall in love with Zeke one day too.
(Also,) Scarlett said with a suggestive look, (if you think about it, having a bit of a human appearance would definitely be helpful in gaining Zeke's attention, if you know what I mean?)
Julia and Bryna both blushed at what Scarlett was referring to. (Geez Scarlett,) Julia commented, (I never knew you had perverted thought like that.)
Now it was Scarlett's turn to blush, (Well I have dreams about it sometimes, guess it just comes with the whole being in love thing. I'm really looking forward to evolving so I can see if I get anything from my ancestry.)
Bryna just sat there red in the face, she'd never thought about something like that before. She shook her head to get rid of those thought and then decided to change the subject, (Um, shouldn't Zeke be back by now, he's been gone for a while now?)
Julia smiled at her, (Relax Bryna. Scarlett sometimes has the same problem, Zeke sometimes just gets occupied and it takes him a bit longer to get things done. Besides, he's already here.)
Just as the Latias pointed out, the moment she said that, footsteps could be heard traveling in their direction. Not a moment later, Zeke could be seen emerging from the forest, a bundle of wood in his hands. Of course, no one expected Bryna to jump up and charge Zeke out of excitement.
Zeke just noticed her as she tackled right into his middle, knocking him clear off of his feet. Julia responded just in time by levitating the sticks Zeke had thrown up into the air before they fell back onto her trainer.
As Zeke lay on his back, staring up into the face of an apologetic Buizel, only one thought passed through his mind, `Why do I have the suspicious feeling that this is going to be happening a lot in the future and am going to regret leaving these three alone?'
-- --
End of Chapter 3
Pokedex Entry
Buizel, the Sea Weasel Pokemon ~Water~
It spins its two tails like a screw to propel itself through water. The tails also slice clinging seaweed.
 
*Entrees written from the Platinum Pokedex*
 
Zeak's Team
Scarlett
Age: 16
Species: Quilava
Element: Fire
*Shiny*
 
Julia
Age: 18
Species: Latias
Element: Dragon, Psychic
 
Bryna
Age: 15
Species: Buizel
Element: Water
 
Trainer's Info
Name: Zeak Ironfist
Age: 18
Current Location: Somewhere along Route 202
Region: Sinnoh
Badges:
None
 
Author's Note: Well, looks like a bunch of surprises in this chapter now doesn't it. If anyone was looking for a lot of conflict with Bryna, sorry it didn't turn out as you had probably hoped, but don't worry, the more complicated relationships have yet to come. You have to realize Bryna's hatred was really only directed at one human, so she was able to warm up to Zeke's kindness pretty quickly. She also didn't have years to develop a hatred of humans as some of Zeke's team members will.
That's one of the reasons Scarlett warmed up to him so quickly as well. Feelings become stronger over time whether that's love, hatred, or some other emotion. Julia warmed up to him quickly because she didn't feel hatred, just loneliness and confusion. So yes, Zeke will have some complicated relationships he'll have to deal with, but not for still some time.
Also, sorry if professor Rowan seemed Ooc to anyone, I don't know his character very well.
I do question how trainers go for days on traveling without getting bored. I guess maybe I'm just a little hyper and so little things like that just bother me, I don't know. Anyway, I passed on some of that paranoia I get sometimes to Zeke in this chapter.
About the whole eye spy scene, that happened on a recent camping trip I went on a few days ago with some friends. These two guys in front of me started playing eye spy, and they were horrible at it, they picked the most obvious objects. So yeah, I'm sure they were having loads of fun. -_-
Let's not forgot people that the poll is still up on my profile, please vote for you two favorite Eevee evolutions, or send a review and tell me your two favorites, and you might just see one or both of them later in this story. And finally, do you guys like the long chapters, or would you prefer shorter, quicker updates, just asking. Anyway, that's it for now.
See Ya!