Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Blossoming of a Rose ❯ 02 : Rendezvous ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:Diiamond Trainer does not own Pokémon or any of the characters or worlds in this fic. The only thing she owns is the Plot. So, have fun reading!
 
: Fragment No. 02 :
Rendezvous
 
BANG! BANG!! BANG!!!
 
May growled under her breath, trying to cling to her peaceful unconsciousness; but alas, the banging coming from outside would not allow her to. Sitting straight up in bed, she turned her head to the window, having pinpointed the location of the noise. She pushed herself up out of her bed and over to the window, shoving it open and shouting outside.
 
“KEEP IT DOWN, WILL YA?! Some people are trying to sleep!!”
 
“Hmm! Calm down, Hon! You don't have to yell…” a familiar voice spoke.
 
She blinked, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes to get rid of the blurriness. There, standing before her, was her rival, Harley.
 
Immediately, she jumped and stared with an alarmed look, “What the hell're you doing here, Harley!?”
 
The older male who still dressed like a Cacturne, even after all these years, approached her window and smirked up at her, “The contest, of course! I set out for Petalburg City the moment I got the invitation! But…” he paused, pointing at the girl, “I never would have thought I'd bump into you so soon! Especially in such a… revealing outfit.”
 
May tilted her head to the side, wondering what he was going on about. Looking down at her outfit, she just realized that she'd gone to bed wearing nothing but a white bra, white panties, and a transparent light red gown. She blushed, her hands darting to cover herself up.
 
“Ack!! Harley! You always pop up at the worst of times!!” she said embarrassedly, pulling the curtains around her window inward to shield herself.
 
“Oh, May-dear! I truly think that you should be saving yourself for your little boyfriend!” Harley laughed, curling a few strands of purple hair around his finger.
 
“Puh-lease, I don't even think that Drew's going to come…” It took her a moment to realize what she'd just answered to. She blushed brightly again, “—W-wait a minute! He's not my boyfriend!! And if I didn't even want to show myself to you, why would I want to show myself to him!? You two are supposed to be my rivals!”
 
The green-clad Coordinator made a fake hurt look, “You still think of us as rivals? Oh, I would've thought we'd grown closer after six years!”
 
“Yeah, six years of trying to avoid your sad attempts to get rid of me!” she snapped back, her head poking out from between the curtains, “Now, if you'll excuse me! I have stuff to do!”
 
“What kind of stuff? You getting ready to welcome your dear little boyfriend into your lovely little house?”
 
A pokéball-shaped clock was thrown out the window at him, smacking him in the forehead and causing him to fall backwards from the strength of the hit. He pulled the clock off his face and looked at it; it read 7:15 AM.
 
“WHY WERE YOU MAKING SO MUCH NOISE SO EARLY IN THE MORNING!?” she shouted before slamming her window closed and pulling the curtains to conceal her activities in her room.
 
Harley merely chuckled; this was certainly going to be interesting…
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ -+-
May sighed as she exited her bedroom; there was no way that she was going to be able to go back to sleep after that little run-in with Harley. She was dressed in her trademark red-and-blue outfit, but she'd long since grown in both body and style.
 
She was wearing her usual red medium-sleeved jacket, but it was left open to show her short dark blue spaghetti-strap top. It exposed her stomach, showing exactly how skinny she was, even though she stuffed herself silly the night before in an attempt to make up for all the meals she'd lost on the road. And lastly, she wore her usual white skirt-over-dark blue shorts and her pale dandelion-colored waist pack.
 
Looking around the kitchen, she blinked as she found it empty of human beings. Her parents must've still been asleep… A small smile came to her as she just grabbed a few Lava Cookies and wrapped them into a little package out of a napkin, placing it into her pack. She'd then snatch her red pokéball-print bandana and tie it around her head before sneaking out of the house in favor of a good spot to train her Pokémon.
 
And she knew the perfect place to do just that! The Coordinator went out behind the Petalburg Gym to the top of a few nice and grassy hills. When she was just a little girl, she'd always come back here and play… or just to be alone. Lately, she'd found herself wanting to be alone more and more. Most of the time, she wound up thinking about a certain green-haired Coordinator who'd stolen her heart… approximately six years ago! This fact frightened her; how could she still care so much for him? She hadn't seen him since the Johto Grand Festival, for Heaven's sake!
 
May shook her head, taking out a pokéball and tossing it into the air, “Beautifly!”
 
Beau~tifly! The Butterfly Pokémon trilled, flapping its wings and sending out sparkles upon appearing from the white glow of being released. It floated over to May's head and sat itself on top of her bandana, letting out another trill that sounded like laughter.
 
“Hey, hey! C'mon, Beautifly! We need to practice!” she explained, grinning, “If we're going to win this contest, then we're going to need it! It's been a while since out last contest, don't y'think?”
 
Beau… Beautifly agreed, getting off of its trainer's head and floating along in front of her in a ready position, Beau!
 
“Here we go, then!” May pulled out two dandelion-yellow disks and tossed them out into the air, “Use String Shot!”
 
The Bug-type Pokémon shot out a thick string from its mouth, wrapping the two disks completely with it and literally tying them together. They soon began to descend toward the ground.
 
“Alright! Now, use Gust!”
 
Beautifly flapped its wings gracefully, a strong yet soft wind picking up and lifting the double disks into the air, both spinning around together in wild circles.
 
“Change to Silver Wind!”
 
It proceeded to blowing the wind a bit harder and letting bright white sparkles float on the air currents. The small tornado that Gust had created was filled with sparkles now, and the disks continued to spin at its core.
 
“Now, finish it up with Flash!”
 
Beautifly let out a cry as it flew to the top of the tornado and aimed its attack down into it. A brilliant FLASH occurred, somehow becoming trapped inside of the tornado. It continued to flash, over and over, until the disks shattered on the inside and faded into more sparkles. The twister suddenly broke with one last Flash, and the sparkles were raining all around them.
 
May smiled brightly, “Awesome! You're definitely getting better, Beautifly! At this rate, we're going to win this contest, just like the rest!”
 
The trainer's confidence got the Butterfly Pokémon excited, causing it to fly upwards into the sky, chirping and spinning happily at the praise it'd just received. The Coordinator laughed at her Beautifly's enthusiasm, taking out two more pokéballs and releasing the Pokémon inside. Out came her Bulbasaur and her Blaziken.
 
“Alright! We need to work on some battle routines! There are bound to be plenty of tough Pokémon who can do well in the appeals, and then better in the battles. After we're done, we can go grab some breakfast. You okay with this?”
 
The two Pokémon agreed; all that was left to do was get Beautifly back down. May looked up to her main contest Pokémon, waving for it to come down, “C'mon, Beautifly! Come back!”
 
Beautifly began descending to the ground, when suddenly; a Murkrow flew over to it from the woods around them and started pecking at it. Beau! Beau!! It chirped helplessly. The Dark Bird Pokémon kept moving, so Beautifly couldn't aim a good attack without missing and being caught off-guard.
 
“Oh no!” May gasped, looking to her Bulbasaur immediately, “Bulbasaur! Use Vine Whip to toss yourself up there and then use Razor Leaf!”
 
Bulba! Called Bulbasaur, letting two vines come out from behind the bulb on its back and putting them to the ground. It crouched for a moment to build up strength, and then vines pushed it off the ground toward the one-sided fight in the air. Green leaves had only just begun to escape its bulb when Murkrow's wing began to glow. When the Grass-type was close enough, Murkrow easily slapped it back down to the ground with Steel Wing.
 
Saur!! It cried, flipping in midair and landing on its feet as it hit the ground. May looked around at her Pokémon, trying to come up with a quick plan. It was then that she got one, coming up with a combination battle strategy that should `wow' any judge!
 
“Hah! I've got an idea!” she turned to her very first Pokémon; a serious look was on her face, “Blaziken, I need you to use Sunny Day.”
 
The Fire-type nodded, raising its arms up toward the sky as its eyes began to glow a light red color. The sky went cloudless as the sun shined brightly, its rays falling straight upon their spot on the hill.
 
May smiled confidently, “Bulbasaur, try to jump up there again, but this time, use Solarbeam!”
 
Bulba~saur! It exclaimed, tossing itself into the air and doing a midair front flip. Though Murkrow was still pecking Beautifly in amusement, its wings were glowing with Steel Wing, just waiting for Bulbasaur to fail again. This time, that wasn't going to work. The Grass-type Pokémon's bulb had been storing the sunlight since Sunny Day was used, so it was ready.
 
Murkrow pulled its wing back to slap at it again, but that was when Bulbasaur unleashed the powerful blast of sunlight, Solarbeam. The Dark Bird cawed in surprise and agony, trapped inside the range of the attack. Beautifly, however, hovered down to land on May's head, panting on top of her bandana.
 
“Oh, Beautifly… Are you okay? Use Morning Sun.”
 
The sun's rays were absorbed once again as Beautifly began to glow a soft golden color. After a moment, the glow shattered, leaving a glittering, fully healed Butterfly Pokémon to trill happily. May smiled at this before suddenly hearing the sound of another Solarbeam being shot out. She looked to Bulbasaur, who looked equally surprised as it continued to keep the first Solarbeam going.
 
The second one came shooting out from the forest of trees behind them, colliding with Bulbasaur's and canceling both of them out. The collision resulted in an explosion of white smoke, Murkrow no longer visible. The smoke covered over the single tree that stood on that hill, but after a moment, everything was detectable again. May looked around; all her Pokémon were still there… The only one missing was that Murkrow.
 
The Coordinator turned around to look in the direction the second Solarbeam had come from, only to be met with the sight of a girl, seemingly older than herself, with a Houndoom growling at her (May) and the Murkrow perching on her shoulder (the girl). The newcomer had elbow-length golden brown hair and wore a black jean hat; the part where the hat stuck out shaded her eyes from view. She wore a black jean jacket over a grey T-shirt, and black jeans that flared at her ankles. It seemed that everything about this girl was Dark.
 
May would blink her bright blue eyes at her before speaking, “Who are you?”
 
The girl grinned grimly, turning around and disappearing, her Pokémon along with her.
 
The Coordinator would tilt her head; how mysterious… Shaking her head, she looked to her Pokémon and smiled, “Well, I guess that was our battle combination practice for the moment! Let's go over to the Gym and see if we can grab some breakfast before continuing.”
 
The three Pokémon enthusiastically agreed; that battle gave them quite a scare. Poor Beautifly was trapped up in the sky, and only Blaziken and Bulbasaur could save it.
 
Some food would do them some good…
 
 
 
7