Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Carry On, Blissey ❯ Mr. Fierce The Broken Swellow ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"Good morning Mr. Fierce."

I greeted a swellow with two broken wings. His feet had been bitten off. It is a very unfortunate case for Mr. Fierce. I don't think he will be able to fly again. His trainer has come to the centre next door nearly every day. His trainer mentioned that he and Mr. Fierce were students at Smogon University. They obtained a degree in competitive battles and became runners up in some leagues. His trainer had a spark in his eye when he talked about his battles with Mr. Fierce.

He will need to be told that he is now disabled. The machine couldn't cure his injuries, but it helped him regain his concious. The swellow refused to speak. He frowned upon the nurse behind me. She had recently just joined the hospital. She was a gardevoir, they were quite pretty pokemon, but also intelligent.

"When are my Action Replay Pills coming?" Mr. Fierce growled.

"We can't give you any Action Replay Pills," Gardevoir answered. I can see she's in a diffulcult situation. Mr. Fierce was polite around his trainer, but unpleasant when his trainer is not around. "They're illegal."

"No they're not!" Mr Fierce barked. He pecked Gardevoir on the arm and crowed. "I had them all the time in Fuchsia City. They made me better in no time."

"Mr. Fierce," I interrupted. "I understand that you found Action Replay medicine useful, but they are illegal in the Sinnoh Region. Therefore we cannot give you any."

"Give me a real nurse!" Mr. Fierce demanded. He moved his body up and cried when he tried to move his wings. "I don't want that green tart, I want a chansey that understands me."

"A chansey will assist you later on," I assured him. "For now Gardevoir will give you an injection."

"It won't get my feet back!"

I really wanted to tell him that Action Replay Pills won't cure his disability either, if anything it may have contributed to his injury. While these pills can make pokemon feel stronger and do things they usually can't do, they're illegal in Sinnoh for a reason. They're addictive, they can weaken the bones and cause permanent brain damage.

"I know," Gardevoir said. "But we'll do all we can to make sure your life is back to normal."

"I suppose it's better than nothing." Mr. Pierce sulked and closed his eyes.

I know her intentions were good, but it will give Mr. Fierce hopes up too high. The bones in his wings have shattered and he will need artificial claws. If he had the money he could get artificial wings as well. His life is not going to go back to normal. It's going to change forever and his previous lifestyle will no longer be practical.

"Mr. Fierce," I said. "There is no easy way of telling you this, but there is a big chance that you may never compete in battles again."

"I beg your pardon?" Mr Fierce shrieked. His eyes and mouth opened from the shock of my words. Horrified he froze on the spot.

"Your injuries are very severe and may take years for you to recover if you recover at all."

"What will my trainer think of me?" Mr. Fierce sobbed. "I've let him down."

"The injury is not your fault," Gardevoir told him.

"Mr. Fierce's colostomy bag will need emptying soon," I reminded Gardevoir. That was another problem with using Action Replay Pills, the pokemon start to become incontinent and disobedient in later life. What looking at Mr. Fierce it seems he's been taking Action Replay for years. Some trainers think that they become better trainers when using illegal drugs to make their pokemon look cooler, smarter, tougher, better or stronger. In my opinion they're all idiots, but if it wasn't for some of those idiots I probably wouldn't have a job.

I don't believe the trainer when he said he and Mr. Fierce obtained that degree at Smogon University together. Smogon had high standards and expelled students for using any kind of drugs I should know: I was a student there. I studied medicine with my original trainer. It's a long story, but I haven't seen her since graduating and I ended up working in a lot of health centres until I settled down to this one fifteen years ago.

I know that Action Replay Pills are legal in Kanto, but what Mr. Fierce has told me does not seem right. Gardevoir had her concerns too. I detest action replay with a passion. I have worked in Kanto clinics before and only one has ever prescribed Action Replay Pills. But that one clinic was an underground clinic funded by the black market. When the boss of the company that owned the clinic was famously defeated by one of the Indigo Plateau champions, the clinic shut down.