Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon's Series ❯ It's all about training ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Part 3! Yay! *Smile*

Disclaimer: Shadow does not own pokemon. Shadow owns Charlotte &Destiny, but they aren't exactly in this fic. *Sigh*

Lance is really a girl. If you don't like that, pretend he's still a guy. That is, if shonen ai is your thing.

Note: Yes, Lance is out collecting badges. How else do you think the Elite Four got the badges for their energy plate on Cerise Island? I don't think Agatha did it, or Bruno. And Lorelei doesn't seem like the type.

Part 3: It's all about training

"Let's go, Spearow!" Ash said, as he ran through the tall grass with Spearow. Poliwag stayed in its poke ball and took a short nap. Soon, they ran into a pokemon.

"What's this?"

Spearow shrugged. It looked like a 'food pokemon'. So, feeling hungry, Spearow tried to eat the Weedle.

Ash blinked. * I don't think that's supposed to happen… *

"Um, Spearow, use Peck!" Ash said. Spearow sighed and pecked the weedle. The Weedle fell over, swirly-eyed.

"Great! Now use…" Ash stopped. "What does Spearow know besides peck?"

He ran over to find Lance, who was petting his Horsea.

"Lance? What does Spearow know besides Peck?"

"Well…" Lance closed his eyes for a minute and thought hard. "Drill Peck, Mirror Move, Fury Attack, Leer, Agility…I think I missed some…"

"But if it knows mirror move, it can learn a lot more attacks, right?" Ash asked, with big shimmery eyes.

"Right." Lance said. * Not bad… utilizing mirror move. *

"Okay! Spearow, use Leer!" Spearow's attack froze the Weedle in its tracks, so it didn't move.

"Great! Now, poke ball go!" Ash said, throwing another one.

The Weedle was also sucked in.

"Good job, Ash." Lance said, ruffling his hair. "You'll be fine. Here, you can borrow this." He tossed Ash a dark blue pokédex.

"This way, you won't have to ask me every time you have a question."

"Thanks!" Ash said happily. He ran off with Spearow.

Lance released Dragonair and climbed onto its back. "Let's go find some more hotshot trainers." He said.

Dragonair grinned. < You enjoy tormenting those poor kids, don't you? >

"Well, you know, it's a good way to earn money, since I don't have a job. Besides, how else would I get money to buy poke balls and stuff, as well as keeping the cave in good condition?"

< And its fun to stamp on their egos. But as for the money, don't you get some from your parents every month, since they're filthy rich? >

"That too, Dragonair. But I don't get that much. They'd give me the entire fortune if I would marry Danny the Navel Island gym leader, but I don't want to! Shall we go?" Dragonair flew off with Lance on its back.

< Would you marry Bruno? >

"NO!"

< Koga? Surge? Giovanni? Rudy? >

"Dragonair, you're annoying me." Lance said.

Dragonair shrugged. < It's fun! >

Lance sighed.

"Spearow, use Peck!" Spearow pecked the 50th Rattata they had run across.

I'm sort of tired now. Can I take a break? Spearow asked.

Ash consulted the pokédex. "Okay. Wow, you've grown so many levels! Sure, come back." Spearow went back into its poke ball and started to sleep.

"I wish I had some more poke balls." Ash said. "Oh well. Poliwag, its your turn!" Poliwag popped out and did a few cartwheels happily.

"Let's go see if we can find some rock-types!" Ash said.

Poliwag nodded. Soon, they ran across a Geodude near the cave entrance.

"Poliwag, Water Gun!"

Poliwag smiled and squirted a bunch of water out of its mouth. Geodude fell over, stunned.

"Great! Now follow up with Bubble!" Geodude was easily K.O.'d. Ash did a little dance and hugged Poliwag.

"We make a great team, don't we?"

Poliwag nodded.

Let's see what Lance has been doing…

"Horsea, use Smokescreen!" Lance said. Horsea sprayed black mist over the arena.

"You're good, but not good enough!" Sabrina said, as her eyes flashed. "Kadabra, use Confusion!"

"Hydro Pump!" The water blasted into Kadabra, sending it flying.

"Recover." Sabrina said tonelessly. "Do you actually believe you can beat me with a Horsea?"

"Twister." Lance said. Horsea's eyes took on a silver glint. A whirlwind of energy began to swirl around it, before smashing into Kadabra. The final blow sent Kadabra into dreamland.

"I win."

Sabrina laughed. "So you do! You're the first person to beat me. What's your name?"

"Lance." Lance said, as he shook hands with her.

"Here's the Marsh badge." Sabrina said.

Lance accepted it. Then, he took the money and TM and headed to the poke center.

< Great job, Horsea! > Dragonair said.

< Thanks! > Horsea replied. < This isn't so bad. >

< With all that experience, you'll probably evolve soon. > Gyrados said.

< Maybe… >

Ash returned to the cave around noon. Lance had kindly left a sheet of paper with directions on it for him.

"Okay, we take the third left and the fourth right." Ash said.

It's really dark in here. Ash's new weedle said. It was perched on his left shoulder.

"I know. But we can't put lights in a cave."

After about fifteen minutes, Ash found the room. The steel doors slid open and he went in.

Ash went and used the bathroom. Then, he fixed himself a microwave burrito for lunch. After eating, Ash read one of Lance's books and soon fell asleep, exhausted after a morning of training.

When Lance returned that afternoon, Ash was still sleeping. Lance smiled.

"Well, I guess I'll be fixing dinner. He'll probably wake up when he smells the food." Lance put the groceries in the refrigerator and began fixing dinner.

Ash woke up when he smelled pizza.

"We have pizza tonight?"

"Right on, Ash." Lance said, as he took the pizza out of the oven.

"Yay!" Ash said happily.

After they finished eating, Ash went to sleep. Lance slept in a cushioned sleeping bag that he had bought.

"Ash, tomorrow we'll have to go shopping."

"Why?"

"Unless you want to wear those clothes for the next couple of years until they wear out…"

"Okay!"

Both trainers fell asleep after that exchange.

End Part 3! Like it? Hate it? Drop me a review! Flames will be used to give baby Vaporeons target practice.