Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon's Series ❯ In which they go shopping and Weedle evolves ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yep! Fifth part of Dragon's love! If you haven't figured out the pairing from the title yet…

Disclaimer: *Ash speaks* Shadow does not own pokemon. If she did, I would probably be going around in black silk training clothes all the time, and Lance would probably be permanently attached to me. Why does Shadow make him glomp me so much anyways?

Shadow: Because you two look so cute together!

Ash: So? Wait a minute. I'm not gay, am I?

Shadow: Um, I know that. Note that Lance is a girl?
Ash: But I don't know that!

Shadow: *Shrugs* It's your loss.

Ash: You're so mean!

Shadow: *Sds into a gigantic head* Mean?! Me?! Excuse me, but do you want GARY to win the Final Judgment?

Ash: *Gulps* Never mind.

Shadow: *good*

Ash: See? *Winces as Shadow pulls out a mallet*

Love calculator! I calculated the chances of them getting together!

Ash Ketchum x Lance Dragyn = 38.5%

Ash x lance = 6%

Satoshi x Wataru = 13%

Ash Ketchum x Catelyn Vongard = 67% Woohoo!

Notes: <> is telepathy, ** is thoughts, italics is translated poke speech. Lance is blonde. Just in case you haven't figured that out yet.

Tmp - No, Lance isn't the leader of the Elite Four or the Dragon Master yet! Those things take time! But he is a really good trainer!

Ranma - actually, I like Danny. But wait until you find out whom Lance actually wound up betrothed to…

Heart's blood - you think it's cute! Aw… *Sigh*

Part 4: In which they go shopping and Weedle evolves

"Ash, wake up!"

"I don't want to." Ash said as he yanked the covers over his head.

Lance tsked. "I'm ready. Breakfast is waiting. It's already eight. If you don't get up now, I'm going to have Horsea soak you."

Ash grimaced as Horsea began to spray water at him.

"IIEE! COLD!" Ash shouted as he jumped up.

Lance dragged him to the bathroom despite his protests. "Go wash up. I'm expecting you to be ready in twenty minutes."

Ash groaned, but he took a shower and borrowed some of Lance's old clothes, a pair of blue jeans and a white t-shirt with a Dratini on it. When he came out, Lance was waiting with a plate of food.

"Eat up."

Ash shrugged and began eating. The toast was pretty ordinary but the strawberry jam was really sweet. After he finished, he washed his face and then turned to Lance, who was spiking his hair.

"Ready?"

"Yep!" Ash said. Truth be told, he really didn't want to go shopping, but…

"Dragonair, let's Fly!" Obviously, Ash did not have a choice in this matter.

They landed on the roof of the Celadon Mall.

"Well? Let's go!" Lance said, as he dragged Ash off towards the clothing stores.

"But I don't want to wear pink! Please don't make me! Mom, I'll do anything! Just don't make me wear those pink frilly pajamas!" Ash pleaded.

Lance blinked. "What?"

Ash was hyperventilating. His eyes had gone blank and he was in hysterics.

< It seems that the fear of malls is deeply entrenched in his psyche. > Dragonair commented.

"So once we got here, it kicked in?"

< Yes. >
"That's easy to solve." Lance said. He made sure no one was watching, before initiating chi transference again.

Ash relaxed as he felt the chi enter his body. When Lance was finished, Ash was calm again.

"Feeling better now?"

"Yes." Ash said. Lance had made sure to keep his eyes closed until the last instant, so he wouldn't have seen the technique.

"Good." Lance took Ash's hand and led him downstairs into the mall.

"So, which ones do you like?" Lance asked, holding up four pairs of jeans.

"Um…" Ash thought hard.

"Well?"

"I like all of them."

Lance sweatdropped. "Okay… fine. What else do we need to get?" He asked as he put the jeans in a little magnetized cart.

"T-shirts?"

"Ash, I already got you ten. How many more do you need?"

"Underwear?"

Lance blushed slightly, but Ash didn't notice. "Probably. What color?"

"White?"

Lance and Ash headed over to the underwear display. Predictably, since guy's underwear is a lot more conservative than girl's underwear, it was pretty easy to pick some out.

"Okay, I'm getting these." Ash said, holding up three packages. "Are we getting socks too?"

"I assume you want white ones?" Lance asked, tossing a package into the cart.

"Fine with me!" Ash said. He smiled cheerfully. This was a lot more fun than shopping with his mom!
"Is that all?"

Ash nodded. "Can we get snacks now?" He asked.

Lance glanced at his watch. "Ash, its only eleven thirty. You're hungry already?"

"Yep!"

"After I pay for all of these, we can go get lunch, okay?"

"Okay!" Ash said happily. "Can I go see the pokemon toys display?"

Lance sweatdropped. "Fine." He went to stand in line at the counter. After fifteen minutes, the purchases were all strapped onto Dragonair's back. Lance had gotten a new pair of black jeans and a dark blue jacket for himself.

When he returned, he found Ash cornered by a gang of pokemon trainers. Lance groaned. * Not them… why does it have to be them? *

Ash looked terrified.

"So, where are your parents, little boy?" The leader, Spike asked.

"He doesn't look like much." Another voice said. It belonged to a girl with dark green hair in a spiky ponytail. "Probably just a runt."
"Do you think he's loaded?" A third member asked.

"Nah, look at him. Looks like an orphan."

"Leave me alone!" Ash said, trying not to flinch.

"Oh look, the baby's mad."
"Thinks he's a pokemon trainer, doesn't he? With those poke balls of his."

"Why don't we see what's inside?" Spike cracked his knuckles and advanced towards Ash. Ash froze.

Lance sighed and walked over, cape fluttering behind him as he stalked over. The trainers ignored him. Ash was shaking so much that one of his poke balls fell off and popped open, revealing Weedle.

The members burst out laughing.

"Thinks he's such a hotshot, eh? Wants to battle us with a Weedle? Hahahaha!"

Ash looked scared but determined.

"Cloyster, go!"

"Electabuzz, go!"

"Hypno, go!"

"Tri-attack!" The three shouted together.

The combined ice, electric, and psychic energy all rushed towards Ash and Weedle…

Weedle suddenly began to glow. When the light cleared, there stood a Kakuna. The energy simply bounced off its hard shell and was flung back towards the trainers. They all screamed and fell over.

Lance clapped.

Ash looked relieved. He ran over to Lance and buried his face in his chest.

Lance stroked Ash's hair until he was sufficiently calm. "Do you want to go home now?" He asked in a soothing voice.

Ash nodded emphatically.

"Dragonair, let's Fly." The two climbed on and flew back towards the cave.

End Part 4! Like it? Drop me a review and tell me! Shadow loves reviews! Flames will be donated to a Charmander hatchery.