Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon's Series ❯ Matchmakers unite! ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Part 13! Why should this be unlucky?

Disclaimer: See previous parts. If you don't know that Shadow doesn't own pokemon already, you haven't been reading the earlier parts! Bad!

Notes: <> indicates telepathy, ** indicates thoughts, and italics indicates pokemon speech. Did you know that Lance is a girl? If you didn't, than you haven't been paying enough attention! And yes, I refer to Lance as a boy when its' from Ash's POV.

Part 13: Matchmakers unite!

< I can't believe he did that. > Lance said.

< Why? You know that he cares for you a great deal. > Aerodactyl replied.

< That's not what I meant. I mean, I can understand the protective streak. But if I'm not mistaken, he seems to have completely forgotten his parents. >

< Maybe he chose to block out those memories because they're too painful. >

< That might be it. In that case, you would be his only family, which is why he hates to see you upset. >

< Perhaps. > Lance mused. She adjusted her cloak, smoothing out the wrinkles in the fabric. Ash was busy playing checkers with his Beedrill.

"Lance?"

"Yes, Ash?" Lance asked.

"I'm hungry."

Lance smiled and used her powers to discreetly procure a pizza. "How about pizza?"

Ash's eyes lit up and he glomped the dragon trainer. "Yay!"

Lance blinked. "Ash, I have to put this down first."

"Oh. Oops." Ash released Lance and darted back to his checker game, where Beedrill had been rearranging the pieces to his advantage.

"Hey! Beedrill, that's cheating!"

Beedrill shrugged and buzzed.

A few minutes later, Lance and Ash were having pizza at the table together, when Ash decided to ask a question. "Lance?"

"What is it?" Lance looked up from his pizza slice.

"Well, I was wondering… I don't think Chikki wants to evolve."
"There's nothing wrong with that." Lance said.

"But she nearly evolved today! How do I stop it?"

"Don't you have my old pokédex? You press the B button, and it sends out sonic waves to stop evolution."

"All right. I'll try that next time." Ash said happily.

Lance nodded. "Yes, it should work. If it doesn't, I don't know why not…"

< I think he really likes her. > Dragonair whispered.

< Well, I knew that. > Gyrados said.

< Should we hook them up? > Tentacruel asked mischievously.

< I don't' know… humans are strange. They don't like love between two males or two females generally. > Magneton put in, as it floated in the air near the table.

< That's stupid. > Horsea said.

< I know. But Lance is a girl. Everyone knows that. > Aerodactyl said.

< Well, everyone except for Ash and maybe one or two of his more naïve pokemon… >

< So what do you think? > Charmander asked.

< I think we should wait. > Dragonair spoke up. < Lance thinks that Ash is still too young. Personally, I wouldn't know, but Ash is supposed to be kind of young for a human, so Lance is going to wait until he's thirteen or fourteen. >

< That's pretty far away. > Horsea remarked.

< I know. >

< Oh well. Guess our matchmaking plans will have to wait. > Tentacruel said despondently. * Too bad… I had such a good idea too! *

Lance was falling asleep in her sleeping bag when she felt Ash sit down next to her. "Lance?" He asked in a small voice.

"What is it?" Lance asked.

"I'm scared. Can I sleep with you?"

Lance sweatdropped. "Um… okay. Let me get the other sleeping bag." He went over to the closet and pulled out another sleeping bag, this one a dark red color. Then, he got Ash's pillow too.

Ash smiled and lay down next to Lance on the floor. "Thanks. I had a nightmare yesterday, and I don't want to be alone."

Lance nodded. She stroked Ash's hair until he fell asleep. Then, she yawned and succumbed to the Sandman's spell also.

< Aw… they're so cute together. > Aerodactyl said.

Dragonair yawned. < Yep. >

< It's a shame, really, that Ash doesn't know. > Gyrados mentioned.

< Too bad. Who's going to tell him? >

< You? > Aerodactyl asked.

Dragonair shook her head. < No way! Master Lance might skin me alive if I blurted out her secret. She wants to be thought of as a boy. >

< Well, considering that she started her journey as a boy named Lance Dragyn instead of a girl named Catelyn Vongard, it's not that surprising. >

< Hey, how'd you find out her real name, Aerodactyl? >

< That's easy. I scrambled her pokédex to find it out. > Aerodactyl said with a touch of smugness. < Pretty good, eh? >

< Aren't the Vongards a very rich and titled family? > Another voice piped up. This one belonged to Horsea.

< Yes. But according to what I've heard, Lance was going to get married to Ash's uncle Theodore Ketchum II. She was only nine! So she ran away, disguised herself as a boy, got the pokédex from Oak, and went into hiding. >

< Wow… >

Ash stirred in his sleep. The huge shadowy being came closer and closer, its teeth flashing in the moonlight.

"AAAHHHHH!"

Lance bolted awake. Ash was thrashing around in his sleeping bag, flailing wildly and liable to cause himself some harm.

"Ash, wake up!" Lance said, shaking the trainer. Ash didn't seem to awake. Sighing, Lance pinned the younger trainer down and kissed him, as chi flowed between their bodies. This calmed ash down instantly.

Lance sighed in relief. * His power is beginning to manifest itself… this could be dangerous. I have to protect him. *

Ash slept soundly for the rest of the night. Only Lance noticed the telltale feathery pattern on his skin that soon vanished as the sun came up.

End part 13! Sweet and sappy, no? Drop me a review and tell me!

I'm posting 2 this time, so more would be nice.