Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon's Series ❯ Snowy adventures ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Part 12!

Disclaimer: this is in analogy form. Blame the SATs. If you haven't been exposed to this yet, you're a lucky, lucky person. Oh, and I got 1430. :)

Pokemon: Nintendo as Destiny: Shadowphantomness

Get it?

Notes: <> indicates telepathy, ** indicates thoughts, italics indicates poke speech, and I think that's all you need to know. Did I mention that Lance is a girl?

Timeline: About 4 months later. It's winter.

Ranma - Sweetness overload? Sounds weird, considering that I usually write dark n' depressing stuff. Ah well. Yep, Aerodactyl likes to tease…

Pikacar/Marle - So do I… some girls are just bubbleheads. Get some sleep!

Tmp - Ash is kawaii as a kid! Um… Lance is just flat chested… Lance's girly name is Catelyn, if you check back a couple of chapters. Her full name will be revealed later. Ash is really obsessed with Ice Cream.

Nikki Wind Crystal Wind - So, pokemon reader, are you the polite reviewer or the one who shouted at me? I'll keep writing…

Part 12: Snowy adventures

"Chikki, use Bide!" Ash was ecstatic. Lance had finally let him accompany him when he went out to battle. Never mind the fact that they were standing knee-deep in snow and freezing.

"Growlithe, Ember!" The fire breather called. The flames streaked towards Chikorita, but she didn't even flinch.

Lance watched from a few feet away, with his arms crossed. * He is getting better. In a few years, he will surpass me in skill. *

< You don't mind? >

"By that time, I should have attained the rank of Dragon Master." Lance said calmly. "And no, I don't mind."
Dragonair shrugged. < I still think you like him. >

"Even if I did, as long as he doesn't know, it doesn't matter."

"Now, Chikki!" Ash shouted. Chikorita released all her stored energy and fired it double back at the Growlithe. The fire puppy uttered a keening cry, before falling over.

"Great job, Chikki!" Ash said proudly as he hugged the plant pokemon.

"Grr. Go, Koffing!" The fire breather said angrily. * There is no way some kid is going to beat me! *

"Chikki, come back! Lightning, I choose you!" Ash said. He recalled Chikorita and sent out his now-evolved Flaafy.

"Lightning, use Thundershock." Ash commanded. Lightning nodded. Ash had trained it so it was now speedy and wasn't slow unlike the others of its type. Therefore, the thundershock hit the Koffing before the trainer could react.

The Koffing crumpled to the ground. Angrily, the trainer recalled his pokemon and tossed Ash half his money.

Lance smiled. * Still as cheerful and innocent as always. * She absentmindedly pushed her bangs out of her face and hopped down from the tree.

"Great job, Ash."
"Thanks!" Ash said as he collected the money. Then, he shivered. "Brr! Can we go get hot chocolate now?"

"Sure." Lance said. She adjusted her dark blue coat with its white fur collar. "Shall we go?"

Ash happily skipped behind Lance as they walked towards the small inn. Lance looked so cool! From the sunglasses to the dark blue ski outfit… he sighed in admiration. Lance noticed this and smiled.

"So, Ash, what type of hot chocolate?"

"Eh?" Ash looked up as Ash led him in. "There's more than one type?"

"Well, there's hot chocolate with peppermint pieces and whipped cream, hot chocolate with whipped cream and fudge sauce, or hot chocolate with chocolate chips. I don't think you'd like the sugar-free or nonfat versions."

"Can I have one of each?"

"You can have two." Lance said.

"Okay, than I want fudge sauce and chocolate chips!"

"I take it you don't like peppermint?"

"Nope!"

Lance smiled as he went and got the drinks for both of them. Then, the two sat outside and drank their hot chocolate together.

"Lance, when's your birthday?"

Lance was a bit taken aback by the question. "Oh, in a few weeks."
"Okay!" Ash said. * I hope I can get Lance's pokemon to help me throw a party for him. *

Ash smiled to himself as he drank his hot chocolate.

A few minutes later, a girl in a pink ski suit came in. She immediately zoomed over to where Lance was and started flirting.

Ash saw that Lance was getting annoyed. His fingers were beginning to flicker with blue light. "Hey! Leave him alone!"

"Oh? And who might you be?" She asked. "My name's Giselle!"

"I'm Ash! I'm Lance's younger brother."

"I see." Giselle said. "Well, since you're just a kid, why don't you leave me alone?"
Lance sighed as Ash reached for his poke belt. The two of them went outside, glaring all the while.

"You're annoying him!"

"So you want to settle this with a battle, huh?" Giselle asked.

"Yes!"

"I accept! Giselle chooses Cubone!"

"Poli, go!" Ash said. Poliwag had evolved into Poliwhirl a few months ago, when it had dived in a river to save him from drowning.

"A type advantage won't help you here. Cubone, use Bonemerang!"

"Poli, Double Team! Then, use Ice Beam!" Cubone's bone cut through the duplicate and Poli appeared behind Cubone, before freezing it solid with ice beam.

Ash smirked. "Now who's the kid?" He asked.

"You must have cheated!" Giselle shouted. "I won't admit defeat! Giselle chooses Dugtrio! Earthquake!"

Poli went flying into the air. Ash quickly recalled it and swapped for his Beedrill.

"Okay, Beedrill, use Pin missle!"

Beedrill nodded as it shot several poisoned spikes at the Dugtrio.

"Dugtrio, dig!"

Dugtrio dug underground. Then, it waited before leaping out to try and hit Beedrill. Alas, Dig does not affect flying type pokemon, so the attack completely missed.

"Beedrill, Twinneedle!" Ash commanded. Beedrill nodded in acknowledgment, before stabbing the enemy Dugtrio in the head.

The Dugtrio blacked out from the pain.

"Still think I'm a cheater?" Ash asked.

"Yes! Graveler, go! Slam!" Giselle called.

Beedrill easily evaded the clumsy attack, before firing off another Pin Missle at Graveler.

"Graveler, Harden!" Giselle shouted. A protective layer of rock temporarily covered Graveler from head to toe.

"Acid." Ash said. Beedrill nodded and spewed enough caustic material to dissolve a human at Graveler.

The Graveler's skin immediately began to dissolve. Giselle was forced to recall her pokemon.

Ash smiled as he collected the money. "Nyah, nyah!"

Lance picked Ash up and swung him around. "You did great, Ash!"

"Thanks, Lance-chan!" Ash said in a hyper tone of voice. He paused to toss a snowball at Giselle's retreating figure. Then, they went home.

End Part 12!