Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon's Series ❯ In which our heroes set off ( Chapter 28 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Part 1! Yep, I'm on an official championshippy binge.

Disclaimer: SHADOW DOES NOT OWN POKEMON!

Guy Shani - odd, am I? And proud of it too! Championshipping 4ever!

Ranma - you mean bob, right? Do you recall in Dragon's Love that long test Lance had to go through? That's the test for Dragon Mastery…. So if Bob actually takes it, *laughs*

Lauren Black - ok, ok

Incomplete13 - maybe not even those who get sent will find out, Lance is fairly good at hiding her real nature

Tmp - well, me no likies Brock… Misty and Bob will most likely be a pair, if anyone finds out Lance's secret they won't live very long to tell it…

Part 1: And our heroes set off

"Come on, Ash." Misty said pleadingly. "If you don't come out quickly, I'll!" A mallet was procured by the water trainer and waved threateningly at the door of the league champion's room. She had ditched her summery outfit for a pair of dark blue jeans and a blue tank top, plus an ice-blue cloak. Her hair was out of its customary ponytail too.

Ash came out, dressed in a pure black outfit, which was only broken by his beaded pokemon belt and golden vest attached to a black cloak. "Okay, I'm ready!"

Bob and Lance were already waiting. Lance was dressed in standard Dragon Master attire (black bodysuit, poke belt, black/red cape, red jacket, white boots with black decorations). Bob wore a pair of black jeans, a dark red cloak, and a black t-shirt with a gold dragon on it, and he was glaring at Lance. Ash blinked in puzzlement, but ignored it.

A few minutes later…

"So, which mastery are you?" Bob asked as they flew to Mount Moon. Ash rode his Fearow, Lance rode his Dragonair, and Bob rode his Dragonite with Misty. Pikachu sat on Ash's head happily and sang in pikachu language.

Ash blinked. "What do you mean? I'm a pokemon master."
"You know, type? Like Misty's a water master, and Lance is a dragon master." Bob prompted.

"Oh. Okay, I'm a Shadow pokemon master." Ash said.

Bob turned to his Dragonite, who shook its head. There's no such thing as a shadow master.

Well, there is now! Ash's pikachu said. Besides, Lance is the Dragon Master!

Is not!

Is too!

Is not!

Is too!

Is not!

Is too! Pikachu got so annoyed that she fired off a thunderbolt at the Dragonite. Which caused it to fall.

"Yikes!" Misty shrieked.

Lance didn't even blink as his Dragonair swooped down and caught both of the falling trainers. Bob shakily recalled his Dragonite.

Ash smirked and winked at Lance.

Lance sweatdropped. < Did you have to do that? >

< Yes, they were annoying me. Blame pikachu. It's not my fault. >

< I see… >

Bob winced and decided that he didn't even want to talk to them. They were too strange for him. He couldn't hear the telepathy, but he didn't like the way their eyes were communicating.

"So, Misty, you're the leader of the Cerulean gym?" Bob asked in an attempt to make polite conversation.

"Yes." Misty said. "And you? Are you an Elite trainer? You have to be, otherwise you wouldn't have come with us on this important mission."

"We're on a mission?"

Misty blinked. Slowly. "You didn't know? But I thought-! How did you get chosen then?"

"I don't know. It had something to do with this glowing red poke ball." Bob told Misty a bit sheepishly.

Lance and Ash both looked over, decided that it wasn't important, and resumed their conversation.

"Wow! That's so cool!" Bob exclaimed a few minutes later. "I've always wanted to be a hero!"

< What a naïve assumption. > Lance muttered.

< I agree. > Ash returned. < After all, this isn't a game. This is a matter of life or death. >

< I hope he realizes that soon, or we'll have really serious problems on our mission. > Lance muttered.

< Indeed. I hope so too. > Ash snuggled tighter against Lance's body.

< Ash, Misty and Bob are also riding Dragonair… >

< Oh. >

< Yes, and they don't know I'm a girl like you do… >

< I'm cold. > Ash replied and snuggled even tighter.

Misty looked away.

Bob blanched. "I am not seeing this!"

Ash looked up. "What are you two thinking? Never mind, I don't want to know! You hentais! I'm just trying to get warm!"
"Oh."

Lance rolled his eyes. "Seriously. This is just supposed to be a short trip."

"Are we in Mount moon yet?"

"Almost there." Ash said, looking at the mountains.

"Let's go." Lance told Dragonair, who started diving. Misty and Bob looked green by the time they landed, but kept quiet.

"So, where's the shrine?" Bob asked, in an effort to make conversation.

"Halfway up the mountain. We'll have to climb."

"Sounds easy."

"We have to climb down, not up." Lance said.

"That's still easy."

Lance shrugged and buckled on the ropes, before lowering herself down. "Whatever you say."

Soon, they were crabbing their way down the mountain.

"This is not good." Bob muttered. "I think my hands are numb. I'm going to fall!"

"You can always try using your pokemon…"

"Dragonite, go!"

Dragonite began dragging Bob down. Unfortunately, it accidentally brushed against a rock, dislodging it. A landslide started.

Snow started falling from all directions.

"We have to take cover!" Ash yelled. He grabbed onto Misty's rope and with a thought, summoned a shield of psychic energy over them. Lance nodded and her eyes flashed silver as she summoned her dragon powers and teleported next to them. She dragged Bob along with her.

Bob by now looked very shaken.

"You know, I think we're buried alive." Lance remarked. She was sitting cross-legged across from Ash.

"This is coming from the ice master, so it must be serious." Ash said. Lance glared at him.

"Don't call me that."

"But it's true."

"No, I'm a Dragon Master but an Ice Guardian."

"Whatever you say, Cat-."

Lance pounced on Ash, covering his mouth. < HEY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! DON'T CALL ME CATELYN! YOU KNOW I HATE THAT NAME! How did you find out anyways? >

Ash winced at her telepathic scream. * Ow… my head! *

Misty and Bob stared at Lance strangely.

"Lance? Is there something you'd like to tell us?" Bob asked slowly.

Lance got up and sat serenely back on the ground. Ash looked like he was in pain, clutching his head. "No."

< Now don't do that again. >

< You're so mean, Lance-chan. >

< You deserved it. >

Misty looked quite uncomfortable.

As night fell, it became evident that they wouldn't be leaving the mountain any time soon…

Misty shivered.

"We could just teleport out of here." Ash suggested hopefully.

"You know teleport?" Lance asked.

"Um…"

"Ash, I cannot teleport four people."

Ash sighed. * I was just trying to figure out a way… *

The wind howled outside, and the travelers began to get worried.

"Articuno is angry." Lance said. "Ice is failing, yet thunder is not ready to bear the burden yet."

"Are you sure?"

"Cycles upon cycles, fire to ice, ice to thunder, thunder to fire, it has always been. Thunder now also has the power of Fire, but…"

"What are they talking about?" Misty whispered.

"I have no idea." Bob whispered back.

Ash shook his head. "I can't do it."

"Then the three will truly fall."

End Chapter 2!

A depressing ending to a chapter, I know. Bear with me. The next chapter is even more depressing… unless I can figure out a decent way to revise it.