Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ In Lieu of Perfection ❯ 00 - Prologue ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]

Ms. Kang once told them a story of a land where no humans step foot on. A land where pokemons live without the interference of humans. A land without pokeballs or senseless battles of entertainment. When asked for the name of the fabled land, she paused and scratched her craggy head. Then she answered in her low, baritone rumble that there was no name, for there was no need for one. It was simply a land where pokemons lived their own lives.
 
Someone had suggested `Mystery Dungeon' then, after what they called a deep, dark cave over at the far away land where Ms. Kang came from. She had snorted in guffaws in what they took as agreement. The name, Mystery Dungeon stuck. Those were the days, but then this is now.
 
When did he first notice it? He could not remember. Those days of happiness just flew by swiftly, leaving behind short, precious memories in its wake.
 
Something was not right, it was not being right ever since they first set foot (or claw or paw or… depending on who you are referring to) onto that pokemon battling theme park.
 
He was a good trainer. Still is one. Nothing could change that it was he who inspired them to win the Hoenn Champion League; He who amazed even themselves into wowing the crowds during the Pokemon Master Contests; He who led them to stop the flawed plans of Team Magma and Team Aqua; He who confronted the dueling legendaries to end the crisis.
 
He who is their best, their one and only trainer.
 
But something changed.
 
And Komicer was never the same again.