Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Iron Royalty ❯ Chapter 2: Saved ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Riley suddenly straightened up when he realized it was just a young man that was wearing a nice suit and had a nicely groomed composure. Reina and Espeon weren’t relaxing and Riley thought it was odd.

Reina backed up a step. “Um, h-hi.” She was shaking all over. She slowly started to straighten up. “Wh-what do you want?”

The man gave a weird smile. Riley suddenly felt an over-powering anger build behind that smile. He withdrew several paces and watched as the man walked around the sofa to Reina.

She kept her head forward and she closed her eyes. The gauze on her forehead started to change colors. She was scared. Her face drained of color and she gripped the back of the sofa. Reina was afraid of this man, and the fear was evident.

“Hey! Don’t get near her!” Riley grabbed Reina, a bit roughly, and pulled her away. He stood between Reina and the man. “You’re letting her wound open right now. Stop, sir. Leave her alone.”

“I’m her father, step aside, young man.” He was glaring down at Riley. When Riley didn’t move, he raised his fist.

It happened faster than Riley was used to. He was pitched sideways quite suddenly. The shriek that echoed was high and painful. Riley felt someone fall on him while he lay on the floor.

Riley sat up and Reina held fast to him, holding tightly to his jacket. He saw a foot come down and right on her back.

“Stupid girl! Get out of the way! You’re a nuisance! A pest! Why do you always run off like that?! Don’t you know that your brothers are worried sick about you?! I don’t honestly care anymore! You drive me insane!” He grabbed her by the hair and held her off the ground. Her toes dangled just off the floor. “Why don’t you ever listen to me?!”

“D-don’t!” Riley didn’t know what to do. He reached up and grabbed the man’s arm.

That was a mistake.

Reina was thrown to the floor and crumpled in a heap. The man swung his arm to hit Riley. His fist was fast.

But Lucario and Espeon intercepted. Espeon had used an attack that rippled the air. Lucario had used his Aura Sphere to slow the punch.

Riley looked at the two and was about to say something when another person joined the circus of bodies.

“What’s going on in here?!” Professor Carolina threw the flap back and stopped, holding it there. “Who are you? How did you get in here?! Do you have any clearance to be here?!”

The man stood tall once more. “I’m someone who whished to sponsor your little expedition. But this young man here has made it clear he doesn’t want that help from me.”

Riley was shocked. This man was evil in his own way. Riley held a hand up to stop himself from saying anything. He darted down to Reina. Rolling her over, he saw that she’d gotten a bloody nose and the gauze had partially come off her face. Riley scooped her up and walked out, passed Carolina.

“Talk to him, please.”

Riley took her to the tent where Nurse Joy had come to take care of the sick. He slipped in and put Reina on the cot. Using his knowledge of Aura, he was able to slow the bleeding. Aura also steadied her shaking and let her relax. Riley felt an Aura coming off her and feeding into his. It was as if it was gently coaxing her body to accept his Aura.

Nurse Joy came by and touched his shoulder. “It’s okay. I can help her from here, Riley. Oh, my goodness, Riley! You’ve got a red mark on your face!”

Riley touched it and realized it was where he’d hit the ground. “Oh, no, it’s okay, Nurse Joy. It’s nothing major. Please, can I watch you?”

“Certainly. What happened to her?”

Riley spent the next hour explaining what had happened to Reina. He had to stop a few times while Nurse Joy had to inject some liquids into Reina. When she was all patched up, Nurse Joy listened to the end of Riley’s story.

“So, her father beats her, huh?” Nurse Joy said, her face turned sad. She gently patted Reina’s arm. “Do you know who this is, Riley?”

“No.”

“She’s a world-famous Pokemon coordinator. Her name in that society is the Duke. Her most famous Pokemon are Espeon and Beautifly. Riley, you just saved a celebrity.”