Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Just to Satisfy ❯ Evolution ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not claim any of the Pokemon characters used in this chapter, because they are all property of Satoshi Tajiri and I haven't stolen the rights from him yet. I bet he has people try that all the time, actually; probably has to have bodyguards and stuff.
 
Hero: Kitsune or “Kitty,” female eevee
Partner: Sakura, female bulbasaur
Absol: Blade, male
 
 
.
 
 
It was a week after she had defeated Rayquaza, left and returned, and they were still talking about it in town; the eevee couldn't walk into the square without hearing someone recounting the tale to a pokemon who hadn't been present for the event. Even her friend, Sakura, was getting praised for her strength and courage, and the bulbasaur was starting to chafe under all of the attention. They even began to sneak around town in hopes of avoiding another group of fans, but it was all in vain-they'd go around the corner only to run into a giddy mob that was all too glad to trap them and ask millions of questions at once. Kitty was starting to wish someone else had gone to Sky Tower in her place. I've had enough of screaming and hugging and handshakes and everything. Strangely enough, no one went to bother Blade about his part in fighting Rayquaza; he had gone into hiding as soon as he could, though, so he might have anticipated the oncoming storm of fans and ran for the hills. Smart move.
 
In between the periods of claustrophobia-inducing sessions with fans, the team still went out on missions; it seemed even after the comet's destruction, there was still a lot of trouble in the world, but they were ready to help those in need. “A rescuer's work is never done,” Shiftry had grumbled while glancing at the messy billboard outside of the post office, but he admitted that while troublesome, it kept rescue teams in business. “And that means money in our pockets, haha!”
 
The eighth day after the world was saved, Kitty found a special ribbon while searching for a mirage pokemon and brought it home to question Alakazam about it. She learned it was an item she could use to evolve, and she contemplated on using it in the cave Snubbull-now Granbull-had discovered. Do I want to evolve? It would make me stronger. Eevee isn't exactly the strongest of pokemon in the world. It took a lot of consideration and even a talk with Sakura, but she eventually decided, like her partner, that it was time. Gripping the sparkling ribbon in her teeth, the bulbasaur watched her enter the cave as an eevee-and exit the cave as an umbreon.
 
“. . . Wow!” The grass-type ran up to her friend in awe, using a vine to smooth down the new black fur. “You look so different! Amazing!”
 
“I know . . .” Kitty looked down at herself quietly, thinking over the changes and remembering all of the obstacles she had encountered as an eevee. Would things be easier or harder now? It wasn't like she could go back, in either case. Nodding to herself, she looked back up with a smile and nudged her partner. “Go on. I'll wait out here.”
 
“O-okay.” Taking a deep breath, Sakura entered the cave, and minutes passed while her friend waited outside. The newly evolved umbreon started to get anxious, tail twitching every so often as she worried her lip, but then a much larger grass-type came out of the cave with a hesitant expression. Walking up to Kitty, the venusaur waved two vines in display and asked, “Well? What do you think?”
 
“Wow, you're so tall!” Unable to contain her enthusiasm, Kitty leapt onto her friend's back and admired the flower growing there, shouting, “Hey, that bulb thing on your back finally bloomed! Ooh, it smells nice.
 
“Glad you can see it,” she mumbled, shaking her back and grinning when the umbreon nearly fell over. “Now get down here so I can make sure you're not putting a “kick me” note on my back!”
 
Kitty rolled her eyes and obeyed the command, although she protested, “Oh, come on. That sounds like something that Team Meanies would do.”
 
“Kekeh, you rang?” Both stiffened in shock before turning to face the smirking pokemon behind them; a coiled rattlesnake, a pale-skinned warrior and a purple ghost looked on with satisfaction at their reactions before the leader stepped forward and cackled. “Nice to see you, too!”
 
“. . . oh. It's you guys.” Kitty rolled her eyes and turned to her partner, “mumbling” rather loudly, “And here I was thinking it was someone important or something. Psh.” Smiling when the venusaur giggled, she glanced at Gengar and was content with the sour frown on his face. Ha, take that. You don't intimidate me anymore-I've fought against pokemon twenty times your size. She loved the new confidence she had acquired as a result of her perilous adventures.
 
He picked his smirk back up in a flash, however, and he was back to snickering and plotting. “Oh, don't be like that, kekeh!”
 
“We were only coming to give our congratulations,” Ekans added with a lopsided grin, enjoying the scowls he received as a result. “After all, you both did save the world.”
 
“Thanks, but no thanks. Come on, Sakura,” Kitty muttered as she nudged her friend, “let's just get on with our missions. Don't need to waste our time with them.” She decided to be the better pokemon and not rise to their bait, no matter how much she wanted to; she definitely wasn't curious enough to stick around and see what they were planning. Before they could start moving, however, Gengar stepped in front of them with his trademark mischievous smirk, deliberately blocking their way. “What now?
 
He offered a claw in what seemed to be a handshake, telling her, “Don't be so cruel, Kitty! I just want to thank you for what you've done, kekeh!” When she looked at his claw with disdain, he wiggled his fingers tauntingly as his grin grew even wider. “What, afraid?”
 
She scoffed and lifted her paw in response, grumbling as she warily accepted his handshake, “As if I'd be afraid of you!” I'm just expecting you to hypnotize me or something, that's all. At least I have Sakura here to help me if he does- She promptly lost her train of thought when, quite out of the blue, Gengar raised her paw to his face and gave it a quick kiss, and she yanked it back and spluttered in alarm, “W-what the hell was that?!
 
If his smirk grew any wider, it would engulf his entire face. “Kekeh. My thanks!” He stepped to the side and bowed, letting the two stunned girls walk quickly past him as he continued to grin. He waved in farewell and shouted after her, “Have a nice day, Kitty!”
 
 
.
 
 
Theme: Introduction
 
Lots of dragon-y love (and cookies!),
~DL (“Dragon Lover”)